four

Tadoma | Kim Jongin Fanfiction

Baekhyun ended up coming to the boutique after a long fit of yelling and demanding the address; upon arrival he found Jongin cradled in Kyungsoo's arms on the cold tile floor,a long sigh drawing from his frowning lips as he approached the two. “What happened to my baby?” He observed Jongin’s reddened nose and tear stained cheeks, not missing how much more empty his cloudy eyes looked than on any other day. “You better not have hurt him, or I swear I will release hell on you,” though it was a threat, his tone was soft and quiet, worry evident within it.

 

Jongin had stopped crying, but still sniffled every few seconds, paired with little hiccups, he looked so sad to the other two males. “Baek-” he spoke through a hiccup, shifting to move forward, leaving Kyungsoo amazed at how he knew Baekhyun was there without being able to see nor hear him. Baekhyun pulled him up off the floor and into a tight hug, gently patting his back and watching as Kyungsoo got up and dusted off his jeans. After this, Jongin only muttered one more word: “Home.”





 

On the way to Jongin and Baekhyun’s dorm, Kyungsoo explained everything, it’d be an understatement to say that Baekhyun was angry, he was livid and wanted to wish death upon the boys who hurt his friend, but was also oddly proud that Jongin defended himself, considering that was very unlike him. Jongin was usually one to shy away and keep to himself, never the bold type. Kyungsoo was invited in and thanked by Baekhyun for staying with Jongin at the shop. “Make yourself comfortable,” Baekhyun gestured to the small sofa at the left side of the room, “I’m going to make dinner for us, so feel free to watch television.”

 

Kyungsoo happily took up the offer, not wanting to go back to his dorm and deal with the devil, he plopped himself on the couch next to the sleeping Jongin. He felt so horrible and guilty for not stopping Sehun sooner, he felt even worse for letting Jongin run out of the cafe alone. He imagined how scary it must’ve been, how hurtful those words would be if directed toward himself. The feeling of pity whirring loudly in his chest. Without thinking much, he the tv and flipped through the channels before settling on one and adjusting his position on the cushioned seat. The movement caused Jongin to stir a bit in his sleep and turn, now leaning on Kyungsoo instead of the arm of the sofa. “God… I can’t help but to think.” Kyungsoo mumbled into the younger’s hair as he linked around his body.

 

The two stayed like that for about thirty more minutes until Baekhyun came in and announced dinner was ready and that he would wake Jongin since he was a heavy sleeper. Kyungsoo left Jongin on the sofa with his trusted roommate and went to the table, taking a seat while still watching Baekhyun struggle to wake up the bear, laughing quietly to himself when the poor guy got a foot to the chest. “Is he always this hard to wake up?”

 

“Unfortunately, yes. And it doesn’t help that his stubborn can’t hear me yelling for him to wake up!” Baekhyun’s voice raised at the end, all the while he was tugging on Jongin’s legs to get him off the couch.

 

It was only when he hit the floor the Jongin woke up, but not without a loud whine, “Why’d you wake me up?” he complained, sitting up, “I was having such a nice dream about..” He started to drift back to sleep and Baekhyun saw, so he pulled him up and pushed him to his seat at the table across from Kyungsoo. “You cooked dinner?” To which he only got a pat on the shoulder in response.

 

Baekhyun picked up Jongin’s silverware and began to cut the food up for him before feeding it to him, only a tired sigh could be heard from the brunette while he watched Jongin chew his food. “He’s so lost in his own little world… I wonder what it’s like,” It was true, Jongin was truly trapped in his own head, having no idea as to what the world was like if someone wasn’t telling him. His eyes blindly gazed around the surrounding area, but never saw any of it. To think that he would maybe remember what certain things looked like, is ridiculous. Losing his sight at such a young age caused him to forget how things looked in the real world, even his mother’s face. He didn’t remember her voice either. He only recalled her gentle and caring nature. “He probably doesn’t even know you’re still here, or who’s feeding him.” Baekhyun ran his slender fingers through his best friend’s hair, giving it a little bit of a ruffle just to have his hand pushed away.

 

Kyungsoo admired the way Baekhyun took care of Jongin, observing the way he just watched with so much love and care in his eye, taking in his words, he did agree that it seemed Jongin was much like an isolated character. Looking back on when he found Jongin at the shop with police officers around him, he knew the poor boy probably felt so alone, even with so many people surrounding him. It’s a miracle he found Jongin when he did. “I wonder what he’s thinking about.” Kyungsoo said, referring back to Baekhyun’s wondering.

 

Laughing, Baekhyun set down the fork and observed Jongin, “He’s probably planning my murder.” When Jongin asked for another bite, Baekhyun stabbed a piece of the steak with the fork and dipped it into the gravy, bringing the food up to Jongin’s lips, “He hates being woken up. Says it's the only time his brain can depict and makeup what people look like.” Tracing people’s features with his fingers was the only way to put together a sloppy portrait of them in his mind, proving the theory that he really was drifting in his own universe. “They most likely aren’t the most accurate looking faces, but it’s enough to make him content.”

 

After bickering with Baekhyun about being full and not wanting anymore food, Jongin got up from his seat and navigated through the dorm to his bed, taking no time at all to throw himself on the mattress and the blanket over his head. He did mutter a grumpy goodnight to Baekhyun before he let himself fall asleep. “Thank you for letting me stay for dinner, it was great,” Kyungsoo spoke up while helping with the dishes while Baekhyun cleared the table.

 

“And thank you for treating my Nini so well..” Voice filled with genuinity, Baekhyun glanced over at the sleeping man, “He deserves nothing but the best, he’s been through enough so it’s nice to see someone else cares.” Tears were threatening to fall from Baekhyun’s usually cheery, puppy-like eyes. Never in the six years of knowing Jongin had he ever met a stranger who seemed to care for his friend the same way he did. “I can take care of the rest of the cleaning, you should head home,” Baekhyun concluded with a slight sniffle.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, just be safe, it’s getting dark.” Baekhyun helped gather Kyungsoo’s belongings and saw him out, waving goodbye before locking the door and returning to the abandoned chores.






 

Kyungsoo and Chanyeol’s dorm wasn’t too far from his new found friends’, meaning it didn’t take long for him to return. He tried to open the door, however it was locked, soon discovered to be locked from the inside. Kyungsoo pounded on the door and shouted, hopefully loud enough for his doofus roommate to hear him, “Chanyeol, unlock the door! It’s going to rain soon!” All he heard after that was a few yells of ‘yeah hold on’ yet it took another five minutes of Kyungsoo beating on the hard wood for him to be let in. As he walked in and threw his stuff onto his bed, he was about to ask what took so long when he turned, seeing the figure of a girl beneath Chanyeol’s blanket, “She better be leaving, Yeol. I can’t deal with another one of your ‘summer nights’.” Kyungsoo sat on his bed, kicked off his sneakers and glared at the tall man in the kitchen area, “I’m serious. If you don’t get her to leave, I will.”

 

Chanyeol wasn’t very happy with his roommate’s attitude, nor did he like being told what to do, “Shut up, midget. You were gone all afternoon, so I had every right to bring her over.”

 

“If that’s the case, then I have every right to kick her out.” Kyungsoo was quick to act, walking over to Chanyeol's bed, yanking the blanket off the petite girl and pushing her shoulder a few times, “Put your clothes on and leave.”