six

Hugs and Kisses

#11

Jongkook was clearing away the laundry when the door to his apartment opened and then shut closed with a click, followed by a squeal he was ever so familiar with. 

“Oppaaaaaaa! Why is there a puppy? It’s so cuteeeeeeee oh my gosh.” Afterwhich Jongkook could only make out a trail of incomprehensive gibbering and cooing over the puppy from Jihyo. 

Was he startled by her reaction? Absolutely not. Her love for dogs was even far greater than his. 

He piled the clean clothes onto his bed before leaving the room, only to see his woman rolling on the floor along with the puppy in the living room. 

“Jihyo-ya, the floor’s dirty, don’t do that.” He chided, even though he was amused by her antics.  

His words fell on deaf ears as Jihyo continued playing with the puppy, until Jongkook swooped in to interrupt. Jihyo was visibly displeased, shoving Jongkook’s head away when he tried to kiss her forehead. 

“The pup’s more important than me, uh?” 

“Obviously.” She scoffed, snatching the puppy from him. 

“Touché.” He left the pair alone for the moment, shifting towards the kitchen and then soon coming out with the puppy’s food. It was only then Jihyo’s attention finally turned back to him. Never thought one day he would have to vie for attention with a puppy nonetheless. 

“Where did you get the pup?” 

“I thought I was going to be invisible for the whole day.” 

Jihyo deftly reached out to pinch his waist, which she undoubtedly failed considering the lack of fats on him. 

“My friend had to urgently go overseas for a few days so I’m helping him out.” 

“Alright, for these few days you’ll fall out of the top three ranking then.” 

Jongkook sent a puzzled look at her. 

“My parents rank first, my dog rank second, you rank third, but now you’re fourth.” 

So he couldn’t even win against two dogs. 

“At least you rank above Seongmoon.”  

He decided not to comment on that. But poor future brother-in-law. 

-
#12 

“Oppa, I trusted you so much,” Jihyo grumbled, looking rather grudgingly at the man who had betrayed and tore her nametag earlier on during the game. It was so sudden she couldn’t comprehend what had happened until everyone gathered to announce the winner.    

Jongkook bit his lip to stop himself from grinning too much as he pulled her over to sit on his lap. He locked his arms around her waist, in which he also successfully stopped her feeble attempts at struggling against him. 

“You know I was left with no choice.” He started explaining, resting his chin on her shoulder. 

Jihyo pouted and rolled her eyes at him. 

“You found the decisive clue! So I have no other option than to oust you.” 

“I know. But I’m still displeased.” She wasn’t exactly angry at him for ousting her, he was doing his job, but she was just a tad sullen at being lead on like that from the very start. 

“Just know I’ll never do that in real life.” Jongkook said, her hair absentmindedly. 

“I’ll pull all your hair off if you dare.” She waved her fist at him and threatened. Or at least tried to, because it just made Jongkook laugh instead because of how cute she looked. 

“Says the one who screamed so loudly and then lunged at me the moment you see me approaching.” 

“That was different! I got scared by the ghost.” 

“You made your acting debut in a horror film.” 

“Not the same thing.” She glared at him, ever so ready to fight him if he dared to retort any further. 

“Okay, fine, it’s different.” He anchored her flailing arms by her side in an embrace, regardless of whether she was trying to pull his hair or ears. Or her latest attack target - pinching his cheeks. Where she had gotten that from was beyond him.   

“Don’t be angry, I’ll let you tear mine next time.” 

“No. I’ll tear yours off with my own ability next time.”

He smiled at the little lioness in his arms. Yup. That’s his strong and independent woman.  

-

*note: #12 in reference to rm episode 463