five

Hugs and Kisses

#09

“What happened to you?” Jongkook asked warily as he eyed the large patch of brown stain on her shirt and the semi-drowned look she was sporting.

“Spilled coffee and sudden downpour, unfortunately,” Jihyo sighed. It might be more practical to throw the shirt away and buy a new one rather than trying to wash it. 

“I’ve got to shower, and borrow your clothes.” She couldn’t possibly change back to her own ones, and to think she just bathed yesterday. 

Jongkook nodded wordlessly and disappeared off to get her some clothes, and soon returning with a black tank top. 

“Here, you can wear this. It’s the smallest size I have.” 

Jihyo looked at the piece of garment in his hand, pondering over whether Jongkook was being serious.

“Oppa, your tank top has such large arm holes that I might as well wear nothing.” 

“I don’t mind if you wear nothing either.” 

Jihyo gave a kick to his before marching off to seize the smallest, decent t-shirt from his wardrobe, which was still kind of big on her since he likes wearing loose clothing. 

Freshly cleaned from the sticky mess, Jihyo got out from the bathroom to find Jongkook gesturing for her over by the sofa with a steaming mug.  

“Hot honey lemon water,” Jongkook explained before she could even ask. Jihyo happily accepted the drink, sipping blissfully till she was startled by a sudden blast of air from the hair dryer Jongkook was holding. 

“You always don’t dry your hair properly, do you?” Jongkook shook his head fondly, as Jihyo responded by cringing her nose at him.

The pair lapsed into silence, Jihyo comfortably sipping her drink while Jongkook took care to dry her hair. It took quite a while for Jongkook to be done that Jihyo almost fell asleep. 

She latched onto him, leaning her head on his shoulder and wrapping her arms around his waist as soon as he settled down on the sofa after putting the hair dryer away. 

He smiled and circled his arm around her shoulders. She smelled fresh and minty from the shampoo she used, not that he knew what kind of shampoo it was, since he bought a few bottles without much thought as they were on offer. 

But he could very well get used to them living like this in the future. 

-
#10

“You’re going to get fat at this rate,” Jongkook pointed out, raising his brows at Jihyo who was lazily splayed on the sofa while watching the television on her day off.

“So says the one who also said I was too skinny and left with only bones barely a few weeks ago.” Jihyo retaliated without so much of a glance at Jongkook. 

“What I mean is that you should get up and move around. Do some exercises and be healthy.” 

“I get it, your gym addiction is acting up again.” There is never a day that his addiction doesn’t act up, honestly. 

She got up eventually, standing on the sofa and gesturing for Jongkook to move over to the spot in front of her. She got onto his back, taking care not to strain him too much.

Jongkook knew exactly what she was going to do, but he let her be.

Refusing Jihyo when she was smiling so cutely at him?

It was impossible.  

“Okay I’m ready for some squats now,” she giggled, and so Jongkook did, doing just a few squats before Jihyo released herself from his back declaring that she was officially done exercising for the day. 

“Good job.” He went along and patted her head. Yeah, she can do whatever she wants to, especially after she leaned forward and kissed him lightly on the lips.

-