Do I..?

Sweet Lies (Baekhyun x OC) TEMPORARY HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"It' has to be at night, and we need double the security" The tone of your father's voice brought you back to reality, you had been dreading this day. All the accomplishments in your life were leading to this moment, the best schools, the best tutors, stylists, teachers, language lessons. Even your degree in business and fashion were only checkmarks on a list of the qualities you'd have as the wife of the man sitting infront of you. You might be wondering who's wife? Byun Baekhyun's wife...that would be your title in a few weeks time. You'll soon be the wife of Korea's most influential and powerful heirs. Your parents had agreed you'd marry his son even before you were born, they were highschool friends and they thought it'd make a lot of sense if you were to marry his son, making the union the last step in their "empire". 

You'd always known so it wasn't even a surprise, you did know the guy but your conversations never went past the greetings and small talk. Even with a very exclusive social circle, you'd always managed to avoid him and his friends, as if that would somehow postpone your fate. But here you were, in a fancy restaurant both families seated together in a private room discussing the details of the reception. Your mother and future mother-in-law were in charge of the decoration and that was basically all you knew because in the middle of the conversation you just zoned out, you were focused on the new deal you had with a few advertising agencies and since your opinion didn't matter in the subject it was better to do something actually worth your time.

As you read the mails on your phone, you felt a presence next to you. You thought it was your mother ready to scold you for your spoiled brat attitude or something like that, but you were wrong. There was a familiar cologne that invaded your sense of smell, you looked up to find none other your fiancé, you gave him an small but still polite smile. He chuckled and threw his arm around your shoulders, pulling you close so he could whisper in your ear. "Can you at least pretend to pay attention? I know you're pretty bored but at least try...maybe even seem a little excited, because I am." You raised your brow at his statement, why would he be excited to marry someone his parents chose for him?

You were sure there was something wrong in his head but you couldn't ignore him forever, so you just put your phone on the table and gave him an amused look. "And why are you excited? We have known each other for a long time, but we can't say we're friends can we?" That made him blink in surprise, because it was true. You'd known each other for years but you weren't even remotely close, you barely knew anything about him other than his name and his occupation, oh and also the fact that he was a very talented businessman and the face of an empire that now included you too. You were porbably the couple with the highest net-worth in the country and probably in the world's top 5 and that made the press almost harass you ever since the engagement was announced, you'd pretended to be close to him for pictures and those acting classes were very good, you'd sold the idea that you were both in love for your entire lives and not just part of a business transaction.

"We're not friends but we'll be married soon so, you're gorgeous and I feel lucky. Trust me, I'll treat you like a queen." He chuckled and leaned back in his chair, smiling innocently.  You were still weirded out by his attitude but relaxed a little but still tried to read his face, his confident smile was on his lips but it didn't reach his eyes. He was also being cautious and that's what you saw on his stare, he was being guarded and it intrigued you as to why.

"Did you have a girlfriend before this?" You blurted those words without even thinking about it and you didn't know why you wanted to know that piece of information. He chuckled again and shook his head a sad expression crossed his face for a fraction of a second before beaming again. I mean, of course he wouldn't have one, or at least it wouldn't be anything serious. It must've been as difficult for him as it was for you to try and make a relationship work, knowing very well that you'll have to end it sooner or later because of this marriage. You've dated a few guys but it all ended the same, your sense of duty was stronger

You sighed and decided to do something that might've been a little unexpected, you laid your head on his shoulder, it made him freeze a little but he relaxed when you spoke. "It doesn't it? Not being able to do anything because your life is already decided beforehand. I guess it's just what we have to do..." You heard him chuckle again as he patted your head lightly, not knowing how else to respond.

"It' does but at least I'm marrying you and not a stuck up stranger that can't do anything on her o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter