2/2

us, forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The second clue leads me to the bakery that I have not visited in so long. The location has changed, thereby it took me around an hour to find the correct destination. It’s already around five the second I arrive. If only Mrs. Kim had not prolonged the class. Ugh, but whatever. I’m here and that’s what all matters, right?

Hana’s Bakery isn’t too crowded the time I enter the premise. I’m not exactly sure why it is so, but judging from what is left, I guess people aren’t interested anymore in the leftovers?

My eyes sparkle at the sight of the third clue handed by one of the workers, which apparently turns out to be the last one. It’s kind of saddening because I just got the hang of it. It’s fun, actually. Changwook is short on words, perhaps?

Whatever it is, I can’t wait to meet my boyfriend. With all the revelation and nostalgic feelings continuously tugging at my heartstrings, I turn the card open and have a shiver running down my spine.

I know my words weren’t that sweet under the shaking three and ill weather,

but I always know you’d them just perfect, my dear.

I know I looked like an idiot when I was kneeling down in front of you,

but I always know you’d find me charming no matter what I do.

I know I was at my lowest the second I wept a river,

but I always know you’d have my back forever.

p/s: Come find me. I’ll be waiting.

///

It’s lonely, I whisper to myself and saunter my way around the playground. The clouds are dark and no one seems to be around. Is this the right place Changwook has planned or am I on the wrong track?

However when I think it through, it kind of makes sense. Why would people be at the park when it’s eight in the evening? It is where adults are stuck in traffic jam and kids are at home, having blissful dinner with their families. I should have thought twice.

I walk around and around until I feel tired and helpless. My shoulders feel stiff already and my legs are literally jellies. I’m also feeling sleepy, oh my God.

I drag my heels away from the mini lake and proceed to the rest area, wondering that this should end on a happy note, right? Like, I finally meet Changwook and run into his arms—

A text message comes through and I quickly open it.

Turn around, love.

I do as told, and as if on cue, I see him standing not too far from me, holding a bouquet of baby’s breath. My heart feels a gush of feelings; of astonishment and longing. Why didn’t I see him sooner? I question that myself.

And so, I run to him—and right into his welcoming arms, just like how I pictured myself ourselves earlier. I almost feel like crying, but on such a good day, that just doesn’t seem right.

I wrap my hold around his lean frame and hug him in the chest tightly, a set of random words bubbling out of my lips. “I missed you, jerk.”

Changwook laugh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter