1/2

us, forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I have so much to say, but never yack.

I have no bones, but my spines may crack.

I have so much places to take you far and wide, and baby, you won’t even have to pack.

What on earth is this about? That is the first question that runs through the back of my mind as I scan the red-coloured card before flipping the cover that says ‘Clue One’ in bright, colourful letters.

A raging wave of confusion hits every part of my brain. I turn around and flash Doyeon a dubious look. “Are you sure this is from him?” I ask. Thank God the Professor is late to our morning class. If not, I would have to wait until the class ends, only to drag her away from her circle for an urgent interrogation.

Doyeon is my classmate and the one who was dispatched by my boyfriend this morning. “Yes,” she says, biting on her bottom lip. “Changwook and I met on the train this morning and he only asked me to pass that stuff to you.”

“That’s all?” I sigh. I swear I’d literally kick his shin if he was in front of me at the moment. “I mean, what else did he tell you?”

The long-haired female simply shakes her head before answering, “Yeah, that’s all.” She her brow, a tad curious. “Is it important? It says ‘Clue One’, right? So what does it mean?”

I place the card on her table and shove it close to her chest. “I don’t know what the clue means. It’s too hard for someone who studies laws and criminals, don’t you think so?” I venture. “And Doyeon, if you could help me figure this out, I’d be extremely grateful.”

 “I’ll... try my best, Yoona.”

A wash of relief spreads across my face before I give her some time to read the clue while I take my phone out, only to hit the numbers on the screen.

Calling Changwook...

He’s not picking it up. It goes straight to voicemail.

Groaning at the countless failed phone calls made, I resort to sending him a bunch of angry, capitalized text messages though most of them are me asking where he is and what the clue means.

Everything happens so fast, like I’m not even mentally prepared to start the day by solving a freaking clue. What was he even thinking when he wrote it?

Oh, God. I’m so close to killing myself.

“Damn, I never knew Changwook was this good at writing. I mean, what on earth does ‘yack’ even mean? I just learned the word today.” She lets out a breathy chuckle and proceeds to find the meaning on the Internet. To be honest, I could be wondering about the same thing, but I’d rather not to. My mind is literally all about kicking all parts of his body, slamming him against the wall and giving all sorts of punch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter