The Proposition.

His ... Girlfriend?!

School.

Such a dreadful thing.

Teachers constant complaining. Students constant judging.

The worst place ever to be.

 

My name is Lee Hyukjae. I’m not exactly an A student, not very social and have maybe 2 other friends. You could call me the Nerd’. Reason being? I’m not attractive in the eyes of others. My eyes are too small, my lips too big and frankly, I sort of look like a cross between and anchovy and an ape. Not pretty. I’m also very ... Lanky.

“Yo, Hyukkie!”

My friends on the other hand, they’re also nerds but, both very good looking. Siwonnie, as I call him is very broad. Very well built, charming facial features, and an all out amazing guy when you get to know him. One problem, he’s obsessed with religion. He always tries to push his Bible bull crap onto me, knowing I’m an Atheist. It’s terrible. Sungmin on the other hand is the aegyo king. He has a cute little nose, big bunny-like eyes, and bow shaped lips. He is also very well built for the fact he does Martial Arts. I feel like I’m the odd one out sometimes.

“Wanna go to the courts for lunch?”

“Why would we do that? You know no one likes us ... Well, me.”

“Oh hush, Hyukkie-ssi! Let’s just go!”

With that, I was dragged to the place where all the ‘cool’ kids hang out. This should be fun. We arrived, lunch bags in hands. Sungmin took my wrist, pulling me to the end of the court where a small bench sat. We sat, each friend on each side. The sun was beaming and the air warm. This seemed absolutely perfect.

“Oh, look who it is~ Hello, Hyukkie~”

And now the lovely lunch date was ruined. As I looked up, my eyes set on a taller, toned male. His obvious muscles showing through his wife beater, that dark hair brushed to the side, and those child-like eyes staring right through me. I hated them.

“What do YOU want?”

“I just came by to re-assure our plans for later~”

“What plans?!”

Loud groans came from the side lines where swarms of girls stood, glaring in my direction. Probably plotting how they’re going to hurt me THIS time. Flashing me that smile once again, that bastard knelt down, his thumb against the side of my mouth.

“What the hell are you doing?!”

“You had something on your face.”

“I did not! Why do you always-”

“So, we’re still on for your house right? Cool. Sorry ladies, I have plans with Hyukkie-ssi this evening. Maybe next week~”

“Okay, Donghae Oppa!~”

With that, the bastard walked off, continuing his game of basketball. That annoying, sad excuse for a human being was Lee Donghae. For around 3 months now, that guy has been using me as an excuse to get away from girls. And I hate it. He thinks that just because he’s extremely handsome, he can take advantage of me. Acting like we are ‘best friends’ and inviting himself over to my house. He never comes. Which is good. Right? Of course!

“Hyukkie?”

“Huh?”

“Lunch is over with. I called you like 3 times.”

“A-Ah. Okay. Let’s go.”

Getting up, we walked towards the school, heading for our classes.

 

The rest of the day had been, to say the least, hard. My heart has yet to settle since that wiped food from my mouth. WHICH, mind you, WAS NOT EVEN THERE. I don’t understand why I can’t calm down but, only 5 minutes until class is over. With a small sigh, I turned my head toward the window, only to see that staring at me through the reflection. What does he want? I turned my head to him and he smiled, cocking his eyebrow at me. I hate him so much. Who does he think he is, smiling at me. With that handsome smile ... Those lips curve so well ... I wonder if they’re soft ... Wait, what the hell am I thinking?! I slapped my now red cheeks, turning my attention back to the window. I could see him smirk through the glass and I growled, pulling on my hair. Why does he do this? The bell finally rang and I grabbed my things, jumping from my seat only to feel an arm pull me back. . Looking up I saw Donghae smiling. He lazily draped his arm over my shoulders, putting his weight on me.

“So, what are we doing at your house today?”

“Stop leaning on me, you’re heavy!”

“Aw, that’s not nice. I’m not fat.”

“Says you.”

Donghae started walking, pushing me along. I don’t understand why he doesn’t just go on dates. I’ve never had a girlfriend and I would kill for one to even call me ‘Oppa’ just once. But, no. They’re all to blond to see how much of a bastard this guy is. With a small sigh, he managed to drag me from the building and halfway down the road. The worst part about this is, we have the same route home. I never get a break from this guy. We reached the usual fork in the road where we split and I kept walking, throwing my hand up to say goodbye.

“Hyukkie, wait~”

“Bye, .”

“Aish, not cute at all.”

Stopping in my tracks I turned around, stomping to that smug . Where does he get off saying I’m not cute? I know I’m not and he doesn’t have to remind me.

“YAH! Who do you think you are?! I know I’m not cute but, you don’t have to remind me! And what about you! Why do you use me to escape girls everyday?! Just say you have a girlfriend or something and they’ll leave you alone! I don’t see what they love about you. You lie and other than your looks, your personality stinks!”

Laughter. He’s laughing at me. I can’t believe this. I’m standing her out of breath and he’s laughing. I’m going home. Turning on my heels, I stomped to the right, heading for my home. A hand grabbed my wrist, making me snap my head behind me.

“WHAT?!”

“You have a good idea. Fine, I’ll tell them I have a girlfriend, on one condition. You have to be my girlfriend.”

“... Excuse me?”

“I said, be my girlfriend.”

“... Are you on drugs? I’m not a girl, you idiot!”

“Great, so I’ll just tell all the girls at school that you hurt my feelings and just let you get beaten bloody. Nice knowing you, Hyukkie, have a nice night.”

He wouldn’t dare ... No way! I’ll never get a girlfriend now! That means ... I’ll never have . I can’t let this happen! I reached forward, grabbing the back of Donghae’s shirt. He turned his head and I looked down, blushing slightly.

“.. Fine ...”

“What? I couldn’t hear you.”

“I said fine!”

“Fine what?”

“Fine, I’ll be your girlfriend!”

Suddenly my face was pulled forward and soft lips pressed against mine. What is ... My first ... How ... He pulled away and winked, turning towards him road and waving.

“Pick you up tomorrow morning, Hyukkie baby~<3“

He started walking towards his house. He just kissed me ... Wait, That was my first kiss! DONGHAE YOU BASTARD, I’LL KILL YOU!