Chapter 2

Be With You

“Who are you?” Seokjin glanced to the twins and Jungkook with a confused look, his hair was messy like he just woke up from a deep slumber.

Jimin blinked and tilted his head, “Mommy, you don’t remember me? It’s me Jimin,” the boy said innocently, eyes wide like a deer.

Seokjin frowned, “Mommy…?” Taehyung and Jimin nodded, “I- I’m your mother?”

Taehyung touched Jin’s forehead, thinking his mother had a fever, “Why don’t you know us? Are you okay mommy?” he asked with a worried voice. Jin jolted when the small hand brushed his forehead.

“You said you’d come back from the Cloudland when it rains,” Jimin explained to the confused male, Jungkook gulped. It felt unreal to see his beloved husband in front of him after one year.

Seokjin rubbed his nape, eyes darting everywhere, a habit he had when he is confused, “what does that mean?” he whispered to himself but loud enough for Jungkook and the twins to hear it.

Taehyung turned around and glared at Jungkook, “Appa! Explain to her! Come on,” the little boy sulked, he pouted because his mother didn’t know him.

Jungkook slapped his cheek, hard, “its hurt,” he breathed out. It wasn’t a dream, it was real. Seokjin was sitting in front of them, he blinked and tried to clear his mind.

“Mom! Get up! We will show you at home,” the twins said excitedly, they pulled Seokjin’s hand, “Hurry!” they wailed.

“Wait-” Seokjin tried to stop them, he looked to Jungkook who looked back at him, looked as confused as him.

“Hurry!” Taehyung spoke, Jimin tugged at his black coat.

“L-Let’s-” Jungkook gulped once again, “Let’s go home,” he helped Seokjin stand on his feet and led them back to their house.


 

Taehyung opened the door and held it until Seokjin stepped inside their house. The black haired male looked around, the unfamiliar surrounding; he never sees this place before. Jimin took off his shoes and put it near the doorframe, he turned the light on and Seokjin got a clearer view of their house.

The older male played with his crooked fingers nervously, Jungkook put the twins' and his umbrella on the tall slim basket near the door.

Taehyung took a picture that hung on the wall and gave it to Seokjin, “this is you! Mom!” he told Seokjin who eyed the picture, “This is you, this is Jimin and this is me! See?” he introduced each of them to Seokjin, one by one. It was a picture of Seokjin with the twins, Jungkook was the one who took the photo.

Seokjin took the photo-frame from the small hands and stared at it, it was really him. Smiling happily with the twins on his lap, Taehyung was hugging his neck and grinning widely while Jimin smiled and hugged the other side of his neck.

“Oh-?!” Seokjin stumbled because Jimin pulled at his hand, he guided him to the living room of their small house. Jungkook followed them, his heart hammered his ribcage and he can felt his ears ringing because he was so nervous.

“There’s more!” the twins chirped, they ran to their bedroom to bring another proof Seokjin is their mother.

Seokjin looked around, finding so many pictures on the wall or on the shelf. Jungkook watched over him from behind one of the shelf, he flinched when Seokjin’s eyes coincidentally met his eyes. Jungkook jumped and squatted down to avoid the older male’s eyes, once again his heart raced like crazy. He shook his head and shut his eyes tightly, trying to calm himself down before he burst out into tears.

“Ta-Da!” the twins came back with their drawing, “we made this for you return!” a simple drawing with colorful crayons. A childish drawing of Seokjin with his apron and paint-brush, Jungkook stood and ran to the twins in a second.

“Taehyung-ah! Jimin-ah!” he hugged the twins, making both of them look to him, Seokjin almost jumps because Jungkook suddenly dashed to them.

“I left your things as they are,” Jungkook told Seokjin, “go change your clothes and get comfortable,” he pointed at their shared bedroom. Seokjin watched him from head to toes, he glanced at their bedroom.

“Don’t you need to pee?” he asked the twins.

“No, I don’t,” they answered at the same time.

“Aigoo,” Jungkook squatted down and lifted both of them at the same time, the twins yelped, “You two should go pee! Now, let’s go!” he took them to the bathroom.

“I don’t have to!” Taehyung shouted, clearly pissed off by his father.

Seokjin followed them with confused eyes, “but they said, they didn’t need to-” he said softly to Jungkook’s back.

Jungkook put the twins on the bathroom’s counter and locked the door, “why doesn’t mom remember anything?” he questioned his sons, the twins exchanged glances and tried to think an answer. Jungkook looked totally anxious about the situation.

“Maybe he hit his head on the way from Cloudland?” Jimin replied.

Jungkook bit his lips, “maybe he doesn’t know that too.”

Taehyung raised his eyebrow, “know what?”

“That he went to that land, the Cloudland,” Jungkook answered.

“Really?” the twins said at the same time.

Seokjin opened their shared bedroom gently, he shivered when he stepped into the unfamiliar bedroom; strangely the scent of this home calmed him, he felt comfortable. It was weird when he didn’t remember a single thing from this house but yet they said he lived here.

“Jimin-ah, Taehyung-ah,” Jungkook put his hands on the twins’ shoulder.

Both of his sons focused to their father’s face, “Let’s keep this a secret,” Jungkook referred to the fact Seokjin went to the cloudland.

“Why?” his children sounded a little bit shocked.

Jungkook tried to find a reason, “what if he gets shocked and leaves?” Jimin glared at Jungkook, Taehyung shook his head.

“Don’t ever said he will leave again,” Jimin said, his voice mixed with fear. Jungkook can smell the stressed from the thin pheromones oozing from the kids.

“Let’s pretend we lived together all along,” Jungkook suggested, this way was better than telling Seokjin the truth, “and don’t tell anyone else. Understand?” the twins nodded with determination, they didn’t want to lose their mother again.

Jungkook looked to the door, Seokjin was behind this door, “if we help him, mom will get his memory back,” he patted Jimin’s head, “okay?” he raised both of his hands, asking for a high-five from the kids.

“Hum!” Jungkook changed into asking them a fistbump and they giggled, that was a deal between three of them.

Jungkook realized something weird, he didn’t smell any sickness from his mate, “doesn’t mom look a little bit healthier?” he asked his children’s opinions or it might be just his delusion.

“Yes!” Jimin answered.

“And prettier!” Taehyung added.

“Mommy’s always been pretty,” Jungkook replied automatically, he let out a nervous sigh, “let’s go!”

The twins exited the bathroom first and Jungkook closed the door, “excuse me,” three of them jolted and raised up their head up to meet Seokjin’s eyes.

Seokjin still wore his blue shirt and black trouser but without his long coat, “did I really live here?” he looked skeptical.

“Yes, you lived here,” Jungkook blurted out, “r-right?” he asked for an aid.

“Right?” he tapped the twins’ back, eyes darted everywhere but Seokjin’s face.

Taehyung was the first to realize his father’s SOS, “right!” he shouted.

“But you all mentioned Cloudland and seem happy to see me,” Seokjin was always the sharp one, “You all welcomed me,” Jungkook tilted his head and looked to the twins who were staring at their mother, the twins squeezed Jungkook’s hands, “and also you said you left my things as they are.”

Seokjin pointed to the messy room, toys everywhere and dirty clothes scattered on the floor, “I let the house get messy like this?” he sounded a little bit angry and Jungkook wanted to grin because, oh he missed that angry voice so much.

Jimin ran first and started to clean the living room, Taehyung dashed and grabbed the box for their toys and started to pick up all of their toys.

Jungkook walked, or should we say, run to the kitchen and started to put the dirty dishes to the sink. The kitchen looked like a wrecked ship, “W-well,” he stuttered, “you were- um,” Seokjin waited, his eyes tried to find any lies inside Jungkook’s eyes. The younger male averted his eyes from Seokjin because honestly, he can’t lie directly to the older male.

“Sick!” Jimin shouted, looked so innocent. Nobody will believe this boy lied.

Seokjin raised his eyebrow, “I was?” he sounded full of doubts.

“That’s right!” Jungkook added, a little bit rushed but that was the best he can do, “you were sick and stayed at the hospital.”

“Cloudland hospital!” Taehyung said Jungkook should be aware the twins were good at lying.

Seokjin hummed, “Cloudland…” he turned to Jungkook, “why was I in the tunnel and not the hospital?” Jungkook always hates it when Seokjin showered him with questions.

Jungkook widened his eyes and tried to find a good answer, “You-” he bit his tongue.

“You got cured yesterday!” Taehyung helped his father, and Jungkook really hoped Seokjin believed the fat lies.

Taehyung played with the hem of his shirt when Seokjin focused his eyes on the little boy, okay, all of them were bad liars when Seokjin looks straight to them.

“Ah!” Jungkook took Seokjin’s attention once again, “right! You came home yesterday!” he smiled at the older male, “so-”

“We played hide-and-seek!” Jimin chimed, not looking at Seokjin’s brown eyes of course. He busied himself with the colorful legos on the floor.

“Hide-and-seek?” Seokjin tried to recall this morning event.

Jungkook snapped his fingers, “You love playing that too! You’re really good,” he conveyed. Now the last he needed was some supports, “right Jimin-ah? Taehyung-ah?”

The twins stood and jumped, “right! You’re very good!” they stated.

Seokjin looked to the twins and then to Jungkook, he squinted his eyes and looked like ‘seriously?’

Jungkook looked away and ruffled his hair, his heart skipped a beat. He can feel cold sweat on his back and he kept biting the inside of his cheek.

“Is that so,” Seokjin sighed and nodded, Jungkook raised his head and his eyes full of relief and happiness.

“Ouch-” Seokjin suddenly held his head and stumbled back, Jungkook widened his eyes and rushed to the older male, caught him before his pretty face kiss the wooden floor.

“Mom!” the twins cried, they stood beside Seokjin’s weak figure. Their mother frowned and hissed, he clutched Jungkook’s grey sweater and looked in pain.

“Are you okay? Should we go to the hospital?” Seokjin shook his head.

Jimin saw a chance, “see Appa? Mommy hit his head on the way down!”

Jungkook gawked, “Right! A rock must’ve fallen and hit your head,” Seokjin gave a confused sound, “that was why you fainted there, you often fall like that because sometimes you can be so reckless, hyung” Jungkook felt a pang of pain and happiness at the same time. It’s been one year since he called Seokjin with ‘hyung’. Maybe sounded formal but for Seokjin and him, that was a special nickname like how Seokjin used to call him ‘Kookie’.

Seokjin accepted their explanations, the rock was the reason he lost his memory. Mostly it was the twins who lied, Jungkook followed their lead and added some details that popped up inside his head.

Seokjin tapped at Jungkook’s hand, the younger let go of the older male’s shoulder and waist, “Thank you,” Seokjin whispered.

“Don’t mention it…” Jungkook exchanged glances with the twins, trying their best to hide their smiles because their plan worked and Seokjin seem to believe whatever they said.


 

Tossing and turning for a couple times, Jungkook raised up from the twins’ bed abruptly. This night the twins kicked him out of his and Seokjin’s bedroom. They cried and demanded to sleep with Seokjin and because the bed wasn’t that big, Jungkook must give up his space for the kids.

He tip-toed and walked to the bedroom, slowly turning the doorknob and peeked inside. Seokjin slept in the middle meanwhile the twins hugged him, one each side. His husband looked so beautiful, his skin looked healthy, not pale. Jungkook smiled softly, he walked closer to the bed and leaned down. He carefully touched Seokjin’s cheek, as gentle as possible because he didn’t want to wake the older male up.

He frowned and moved his fingers, he checked if Seokjin was breathing or not. He let out a relieved sigh when the older male was breathing normally. The anxiety kept eating him alive, this Seokjin was breathing, his husband really was back to his arms. It wasn’t a lie.


 

One hour and forty-five minutes, Jungkook usually spend more than an hour to finish his morning jobs. Cleaning the pool, the gym’s bathroom, the running track. But today was different, he spent fifty-three minutes to finish all of his jobs.

He wanted to go home as fast as possible, he wanted to see Seokjin as fast as possible.


 

Seokjin sat on the couch, watching the twins put their books to their bags, “you two,” he called them, both of them stopped their activity, “come here,” he waved at them.

Jimin and Taehyung stood in front of Seokjin, “look at your shirt's buttons,” he pointed at their mistakes and fixed it for them.

Jungkook ran to the living room, lifting the boxes with a panicked expression, “if you’re searching for your socks,” Seokjin spoke without looking to the younger male, he was busy with Jimin’s shirt, “I put it on the shelf beside the front door.”

Jungkook nodded, ear reddened like a tomato. Jungkook walked to them and gave the twins a teasing smile, “you two should learn how to wear a shirt properly,” he commented, the twins pouted.

Seokjin chuckled, “like father like son,” he said.

Jungkook checked his clothes, he wore a t-shirt and a bomber jacket today, no buttons, “not me,” he smiled smugly, Seokjin looked away from Jimin and caught Jungkook’s eyes. He hummed and then looked down to Jungkook’s pants, the younger male immediately gazed down at his zipper.

Seokjin laughed when he abruptly turned around and pulled up his undone zipper, he was blushing like crazy, “I-I made some rice for you,” Jungkook cleared his throat, “It’s in the refrigerator.”

“You should stay home and rest,” Jungkook didn't want Seokjin to do any heavy chores, “don’t overwork yourself, or you might get sick agai-”

“Jungkook-ah,” he stopped, meeting Seokjin’s calm face, “I will do whatever I want okay? It’s up to me whether I want to sleep or take a walk,” with a smile Seokjin made Jungkook become speechless.

Jimin and Taehyung kissed Seokjin’s cheek, “see you later!” the omega flinched and touched his cheek. Before he can reply the twins ran to the front door, Jungkook leaned down and about to kiss Seokjin too. He always kisses Seokjin when he wants to go out, but this time Seokjin eyed him with an uncomfortable look.

He stepped back and waved at Seokjin, “I’m going out!” he said and before he really leaves, he kissed Seokjin’s picture that hung on the wall. The same picture Taehyung and Jimin showed to Seokjin on his first day.

Seokjin watched Jungkook until the door closed and tilted his head, he clutched his chest. Why his heart was beating like a madman?


 

“Bye-bye!” Jimin waved to Jungkook, Taehyung pulled at Jimin’s hand and sent a flying kiss to Jungkook. They walked but hid behind a tree instead of going to their class. They peeked and saw his father already went to his workplace, they grinned to each other.

The other kids watched them in confusion when they ran to the school’s gate even though the bell was ringing and the lesson was about to start.


 

Seokjin sat in front of his table in the bedroom, he opened the drawer one by one. Some sketchbooks, small memos, and some skincare. He opened the last drawer and found a black wallet, his wallet. He took it out from the drawer and opened it, it was his, wasn’t it? So he can do whatever he wants with his own things.

He found a golden ring and a silver key. He stared at the golden ring, must be expensive. It looked so perfect with his crooked ring finger, the same golden ring Jungkook wore.

“Mommy!” Seokjin jumped and shoved the key to his wallet and closed the drawer.

“We’re home!” Jimin and Taehyung lied.

Seokjin turned to them, “s-so soon?” he stuttered.

Taehyung faked a sad smile, “our teacher is sick today.”


 

Jimin stared at the Jenga with a serious expression, Seokjin watched him with amusement. Taehyung grinned widely and waited for his brother to finish his turn.

“No, Taetae!” Jimin slapped Taehyung’s hand near him, “don’t distract me!”

Taehyung laughed and Seokjin chuckled, the Jenga trembled and Jimin bit his lips.

“You lose!” Taehyung clapped his hands happily and Jimin groaned when the Jenga fell. He pouted when Taehyung eats his cheesecake, Seokjin drank his tea and ruffled Jimin’s soft hair.

“I let you win,” Jimin mumbled, “next time I will eat your strawberry shortcake!”

Taehyung gave him a V sign and he ate another two strawberry cakes that day. 

Jungkook took out his key from his jacket’s pocket, he smiled when he heard Taehyung’s and Jimin’s voice.

When he stepped inside, he heard the familiar wind-shield wiper laughs. Seokjin was sitting on the couch with the Jimin on his lap and Taehyung tugging at Jimin’s pants.

“Not fair!” Taehyung sulked, Jimin kissed Seokjin’s cheek and nuzzled to the omega’s neck, he missed his mother’s scent so much.

“Come here,” Seokjin lifted Taehyung and put him on the other side, Taehyung giggled when Seokjin nuzzled his nose to the little boy’s neck.

Seokjin noticed Jungkook first, “oh- you’re back,” he said with an awkward smile, clearly still felt a little uncomfortable with Jungkook.

“Appa!” Jimin ran to him and hugged his leg, Jungkook patted his head.

“You’re home!” Taehyung also dashed to him and raised his hand, Jungkook lifted him and he can smell a sweet scent of his mate, the scent he loved the most in this world and he can’t hold back but smile widely. Seokjin blushed when he saw Jungkook’s iconic bunny smile.


 

Jungkook eyed the twins from the corner of his eyes, “don’t play with your food,” he scolded them when he saw they weren’t eating but playing with their food.

Jimin nibbled his lower lips and finally confessed, “I want mommy’s rice cake skewers,” Jimin whined, Seokjin’s chopstick froze and he gazed at his son. Jimin put a really sad expression and Seokjin’s heart sank.

Taehyung nodded along with Jimin, they put their chopstick down, and refusing Jungkook’s fried chicken.

Jungkook sighed, “Mommy needs his rest,” he persuaded them to eat, they shook their head and looked to Seokjin.

“Mommy is strong now! Like, really strong!” Taehyung told Jungkook.

“Jeon Jimin, Jeon Taehyung,” Jungkook called them with deep voice because even though he wanted his kids to be happy, the last thing he wanted was Seokjin to get sick again.

“I will cook it,” Seokjin cut their conversation when the twins were near bursting into tears, “but you all should eat your vegetables,” Taehyung and Jimin nodded vigorously, “like all of it, Appa won’t help or mommy will get so angry, okay.”

The twins hesitated for a moment but they nodded, they missed Seokjin’s homemade dinner so much.

Seokjin got up and took the ingredients, he mixed the sauce and smiled when he tasted it. He was good with cooking, he the stove and started preparing the rice care skewers step by step. Jungkook and the kids watched him with a fond expression. The familiar broad shoulder in front of the stove, with his apron and humming along. This was their Seokjin.

“Oh-” Jimin pointed at the water dripping from the bottle on the shelf. The water dripped into the pan under it, we all know what will happen if water meets boiling oil right?

Taehyung and Jimin hid under the table in a mere of a second when the rice cake jumped from the pan, Jungkook's breath caught on the top of his lungs when he saw the rice cake shot to Seokjin. He ran and embraced the male, he hissed when the hot rice cake burned his skin under his clothes.

“Wha-” Seokjin froze for several seconds, the alpha’s worried pheromone clouded his mind and warmed him. He felt so right inside Jungkook’s strong arms, he can felt Jungkook's hot breaths against his nape.

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked, right beside his ear. Seokjin shuddered and tilted his head to see Jungkook behind him, he nodded and pushed Jungkook lightly.

Seokjin reached out and turn off the stove, “sorry, I will make it tomorrow,” he muttered and went to their shared bedroom without looking back to where Jungkook was standing.


 

The medicine was bitter, Jungkook hates it. Actually, he wanted to stop taking his medicine and let the sickness takes over but he never do it. His kids needed him and now with Seokjin back with him, he didn’t find any reason to stop consuming his daily medicine. In reality, he became more careful with the time to take his medicine, he didn’t want Seokjin to find out his sickness, not yet.

The bathroom door opened, Jungkook’s eyes caught the broad shoulder yet with such a slim figure, looked flawless with a loose grey t-shirt and short pants. He can clearly saw Seokjin’s long legs, he gulped but hurried to look away when Seokjin noticed the way he stared at him.

The wet hair was a trouble, Seokjin should dry his hair properly and stop looking so y like that! Not to mention the short pants that show his white thigh!

‘Jeon Jungkook calm down this instant!’ he scolded himself deep down.

Seokjin decided to ignore Jungkook’s stares and went to his bedroom, he opened the door and found the twin on his bed, “They insisted on sleeping here,” Jungkook explained from behind.

“Wait, I will move them,” he came in and about to move the twins, “Taehyungie? Jiminie? Let’s change location-”

Seokjin grabbed his wrist, “it’s fine, just let them be,” he voiced.

Jungkook’s skin felt hot, Seokjin’s light touches were dangerous, “you sure?” he coughed, Seokjin nodded, “Okay, sleep well then.”

“Wait,” Jungkook halted, he stood near the doorframe, “are you going to sleep?” the older male asked with curious eyes.

Jungkook nodded, “yeah, I will in a bit,” he answered, he will sleep after he makes sure Seokjin sleep peacefully.

Then, take off your clothes.”

“Huh?” Jungkook’s jaw dropped, his face flushed; he resembled a crab when Seokjin turned around and searched for something on his wardrobe.

His head stopped working for a moment, he let out a shaky breathe. He shook his head and grinned, he never thought Seokjin will be so blunt with his words and asked him like that, no; actually, Seokjin ordered him to get undress, “that’s what you want, hyung,” he chuckled, “but Taehyung and Jimin are here,” he eyed Seokjin who bent down to take something, he looked away from that perfect body and mumbled, “I will wait outside.”

He huffed nervously, “he shouldn’t overdo it, I should really hold myself back,” he talked to himself and chanted to himself if Seokjin asks him to stop in the middle he will do it, no, he ‘must’ do it.

“Good thing the twins are sleeping,” he took off his sweatpants.

Seokjin came out, “What are you doing?” Jungkook stopped half-way and looked to Seokjin, “your legs got burned too?” Jungkook’s wide eyes darted to the ointment Seokjin brought with him. He cursed himself inside his mind.

“Oh-” he said sadly, “you didn’t mean that,” he averted his eyes and wear his sweatpants again.

Seokjin leaned to the wall, “I’ll put it on you, the ointment,” Jungkook nodded and followed Seokjin back to their bedroom.

Jungkook sat on the bed edge, he let his husband pulled up his thin t-shirt, “by the way,” he hummed as a reply and hissed a little when Seokjin applied the ointment to his back, “I don’t remember- but I guess, I’m a mom and a husband…” Seokjin mumbled.

The younger male listened carefully, his mouth form into a thin smile, “don’t worry,” he looked down, “You will get your memory back in no time,” Seokjin gazed at his back, he shook his head even when Jungkook can’t see him.

“It’s not that-” Seokjin cut him, “I-I married you for love, right?”

Jungkook chuckled dryly, “hard to believe?” he sounded like he was mocking that question, Seokjin rubbed his neck.

“I’m curious,” he glanced up, light touches on Jungkook’s back, “could you tell me about us?”

Jungkook turned around and, his eyes full of love, “we first met at school,” he recalled the old memories, “You was a senior and I was still in middle school.”

“I saw you in the ceremony day, you’re the one who gave new student welcome’s speech,” the image of Seokjin speaking on the stage, black-haired slicked back showing his forehead and with his dazzling smile; almost all of the new students liked him immediately.

“You were a top student in the school, the student council’s secretary. You had the highest scores in your grade,” Seokjin was a smart student, all teachers loved him.

“Am I a loner?” Seokjin guessed, Jungkook shook his head, “You were popular, you have so many friends. It was hard to approach you.”

“How about you?” Seokjin asked out of his curiosity.

Jungkook folded his legs, “I was the type of outdoor student, soon to be an athlete at that time, and I only studied for half the day, once the clock hit 11 a.m. I rushed out to the running tracks to train.”

“Then how we end up together?” Seokjin wondered.

Jungkook smiled, “It was all thanks to Hobi-Hyung and Yoongi-hyung,” Seokjin tilted his head, “he was a senior in my club and they are your best friends.”

He told him the time when Hoseok invited Seokjin to come to the gymnasium and the older male gave them a homemade lemonade, Jungkook remembered he glared at every member who ate the lemonade. Seokjin blushed when he thanked the older male privately when the rest of the members already went home and Seokjin was waiting for Hoseok near the changing room.

Seokjin bowed back and said a small ‘Don’t mind it,’ as the reply. The younger male ran because his heart almost explodes that moment, he was so shy back then, like really shy.

Seokjin’s mouth shaped into an ‘O’, so his best friends helped them, they brought them together. Jungkook kept quiet for a while, an embarrassing memory flashed on his head. Seokjin waited patiently and Jungkook continued. 

‘You love him, don’t you,’ Jungkook stretched his body and gave Hoseok a confused sound. Hoseok smirked at his junior, he slapped Jungkook’s back and the younger male yelped in pain.

‘Who?’ Jungkook asked innocently, Hoseok scoffed and copied the way Jungkook said “Who?”

Jungkook grabbed his water-bottle, ‘Kim Seokjin,’ he choked.

‘It’s obvious, you moron, even Yoongi-Hyung knows about it,’ Hoseok added as he stretched his limbs too.

‘You’re mad, hyung,’ Jungkook wiped his mouth.

Hoseok whistled, ‘Want me to help?’

‘Help with what?’ the younger male playing dumb.

‘Answer quickly, want me to help?’

‘Forget it.’

‘I’ll ask one last time, want help?’ no answer, Jungkook bit the inside of his cheek, ‘Fine. Good luck, bro,’ Hoseok laughed.

Jungkook stood up and kneeled beside his beloved Hyung, he offered the cold juice he bought for him later after practice, ‘I can’t believe this,’ Hoseok sang, he took the juice from Jungkook. 

‘According to my calculations and speculations,’ Hoseok sat in front of Jungkook who eyed him nervously, ‘Jin-Hyung loved you more than you love him,’ his beloved Hyung threw a small memo book to Jungkook who swiftly caught it before it touches the ground.

An old way to find out your crush love you back or not, a stupid childish game but popular at that time.

[Jeon Jungkook loves Kim Seokjin = 12%]

[Kim Seokjin loves Jeon Jungkook = 97%]

‘No way,’ Jungkook urged.

‘So, just approach him and ask him out like a man!’ Hoseok grinned and smacked Jungkook head, chanted ‘you lucky bastard’ again and again, Jungkook can felt the heat crept to his cheek and then his ear. Maybe that’s true, he can hit on Seokjin.

The present Jungkook smiled like an idiot, Seokjin continued treating his wound carefully, unaware of his husband’s stupid facial expression. The younger man’s memories flashed like an old movie, Jungkook’s favorite movie. Seokjin thought the story was funny and he enjoyed the way Jungkook spoke with such loving expression and fondness inside his voice.

Jungkook became quiet for a while, he sighed because the next story was so embarrassing.

‘How about you team up with Seokjin-hyung?’ Yoongi’s words made Jungkook’s heart stopped for a second. It was a class meet event where all class will play together at the same time, similar to a sports festival.

It was competition between clubs and Jungkook as the junior in the athletic clubs need a partner to run in the relay since the school committee always came up with a stupid idea and one of the rules said the anchor need to run with a couple. Nobody can match Jungkook’s speed, he didn’t want to choose a girl and make his team lose.

‘He is fast,’ Hoseok nodded, as one of the fastest runner, the committee forbid Jungkook to pick Hoseok as his partner.  

‘No- Jin Hyung wouldn’t accep-’

‘Sure,’ his breath hitched and he pivoted to see Seokjin fixing his headband, rolling up his pants to his knee and ready to run as Jungkook’s partner.

His hand trembled, when he tied the blue ribbon around their ankles, Seokjin smiled when he looked up. He looked away because he didn’t want Seokjin to see how happy he was, Seokjin might conclude he is one of the fanatic fans. He gulped and stood up, never once he looks to Seokjin’s direction. He was shorter than Seokjin, almost ten centimeters.

When the judge shot the air gun, Jungkook snapped out from his fantasy and ran immediately. He forgot to tell Seokjin, ‘wai-’ the older widened his eyes, losing his balance and yep, his face hit the ground.

Jungkook gasped and kneeled beside Seokjin, the older male groaned and tried to sit. Hoseok and Yoongi rushed to them with an ice-bag, Seokjin rubbed his face to clean the dirt.

‘H-Hyung- I’m so sorry-’ the blood dripped from the older male’s nose, they froze; all students on the field stared at them with wide eyes. Jungkook cursed and slapped himself countlessly inside his own head. He totally forgot he will run together in the relay, he was too nervous and the loud sound made his mind went blank.

Seokjin snatched the ice-bag from Hoseok’s hand put it on his bleeding nose, he untied the ribbon and stood without saying anything. Jungkook fell backward to his and covered his face, Seokjin hated him.

“We never talk again until the day you graduated,” Jungkook pulled down his t-shirt when Seokjin muttered a soft ‘it’s done’.

“And then?” Seokjin asked curiously, Jungkook gave him his iconic bunny smile.

‘You’re over him right? You already give up?’ Yoongi sat beside Jungkook who stared at Seokjin, the older male was surrounded by his loyal fans. They gave him cards and flowers, even some expensive gift. The kind of gifts Jungkook will never able to afford.

‘I don’t want to talk about that, Hyung,’ Jungkook replied with pissed off tone. Yoongi clicked his tongue, he waved to Seokjin.

‘Hyung!’ the second oldest screamed, Jungkook panicked but Yoongi grabbed his collar when the boy tried to run, ‘over here, Jin Hyung!’ Yoongi shouted.

Seokjin waved back and skipped a little to their place, his hand clutching the memorial books with his friend’s last wish for him inside, ‘yeah?’ the older man prompted with hopeful eyes, Yoongi raised his eyebrow to Jungkook. The younger male looked away and pointed at Seokjin’s book.

Yoongi sighed and grumbled, this boy was hopeless, ‘Can we write something for you too?’ Jungkook should really buy Yoongi a nice lunch after, Seokjin’s smile faded slowly when Yoongi asked him instead of Jungkook but he still gave his book.

‘You got a pen?’ Yoongi poked at Jungkook’s back.

‘Oh- yeah of course!’ Jungkook grabbed his bag and searched for his green pen, Yoongi wrote first, Jungkook still can’t see directly to Seokjin’s orbs.

‘You can write too if you want,’ Seokjin gave the book to Jungkook, the boy’s eyes lit with happiness, he snatched the pen from Yoongi’s hand and started writing something. Jungkook can’t stop smiling as he wrote down his last farewell on Seokjin's book.

Seokjin accepted the book from Jungkook and left them, Jungkook still grinning until Yoongi smacked the back of his head.

‘Ah!’ he halted, ‘My pen!’ Jungkook remembered he also gave Seokjin his green pen. He chased after his senior but the older man was nowhere to be seen.

“You went to Seoul University while I was struggling to finish the rest of my middle school years and my high school years,” the age-gap wasn’t small, Jungkook always thought of Seokjin in his school years. Anxiety messed his head, he presented at the age of seventeen and he almost went mad every time the idea of Seokjin being someone else’s mate crossed his mind.

Yoongi graduated one year after and Hoseok followed them soon, they left Jungkook alone. When he was in high school, puberty hit him like a truck and almost all the girls in the school had a crush on him. He grew up to be a promising student; also a strong alpha, a future athlete. He was the perfect example in the PE lesson, he used running to put his mind at ease.

“Don’t you remember?” Jungkook asked Seokjin gazed at the green pen. It’s funny because both of them kept the green pen until now, even after they had Taehyung and Jimin.

Jungkook didn’t hide his disappointment but he also knew he can’t rush things, “It’ll surely come back-”

“Mom!!” both of them blinked and turned around.

“Mommy?!” Seokjin heard the sad and panicked calls from the twins. Taehyung kicked the door and looked around, sobbed when he saw Seokjin in front of Jungkook. Jimin ran first to where Seokjin was sitting and hugged his petite waist.

“W-we thought you went back to the Cloudland,” Taehyung wiped his tears and walked to Seokjin, he joined his brother and embraced Seokjin tightly.

Seokjin flinched when both of them put their head on his laps, each child on each side. He played with the pen nervously and glanced to Jungkook.

The younger man cleared his throat, “must be the hospital,” he was getting better with the lying.

Seokjin gazed down at his children, “So, we didn’t date during our school years?” the older man sounded a little bit amused by the fact.

Jungkook nodded and hummed, “that’s right,” he caught Seokjin’s doe eyes with his eyes, “then I tried to call you in my first summer break from college,” thanks to Yoongi and Hoseok, they told him Seokjin’s schedules at work.

Young Jungkook let out a heavy sigh, he inserted the coins one by one. Pushing the number without looking at the memo because he already memorized Seokjin’s phone number.

He waited together with the dial tone, ‘Hello?’ he put it down in immediately when he heard Seokjin’s alluring voice.

Hoseok saw it, ‘No! No!’ he said, he held the phone booth’s door together with Yoongi, ‘Call him again!’ they said in unison, Jungkook shook his head, ‘call him!’ they shouted.

‘Move, Hyung!’ Jungkook was strong, with one push he can open the door and he ran from the phone booth. Nobody can chase after him, Yoongi and Hoseok sighed and rubbed their forehead while muttering ‘that stupid kid’.

What an odd memory for Jungkook, he wanted to smack his old self for being such a coward, “after the summer break, I wanted to call you during the winter break.”

“You did?” the younger male shook his head.

“The military duty stole another two and half years, just like that the years went by without any contact between us,” Seokjin eyed the way Jungkook’s eyes saddened and his heart ached because of the view, "well, I called you right after I finished my military duty".

Hoseok smiled and stood on the door of the phone booth, this time he will make sure today, his stupid junior will talk to Seokjin. Jungkook huffed and once again dialed the same number from two and half years ago, the younger male played with the hem of his jersey. He bit his lips until he tasted copper.

Hello?’ Jungkook’s heart jumped and he shoved the phone back to its place, Yoongi moved fast and grabbed his wrist before he ends the calls.

Hello?’ Yoongi glared at him and stood between Jungkook and the wall, Hoseok pulled the phone from Jungkook’s hand and said out loud, there was a small battle between three of them in the small phone booth. With so much struggle and sacrifices, resulting Yoongi stomped at Jungkook’s feet, Jungkook smacked Hoseok’s head, also Hoseok accidentally hit Yoongi’s nose with the back of his head.

‘Let me hang up!’ Jungkook whispered.

‘No!’ Yoogi and Hoseok hissed.

‘You're crazy, Hyung!’

‘You’re the crazy one!’

Who is this?’ the sweet voice asked once again, Jungkook’s hands trembled.

Yoongi kicked Jungkook’s right calf, he shouted, “Jeon Jungkook! It’s Jeon Jungkook!” the youngest froze, his jaw dropped. Yoongi smirked, “Jeon Jungkook from Bangtan High school, Jeon Jung Kook,” he even added details so that coward alpha can’t run away, not today. The second eldest freed himself from Jungkook and Hoseok, they waited outside the booth with a satisfied smile while Jungkook talked with Seokjin.

‘H-Hi, it's Jeon Jungkook,’ he stuttered, he hoped Seokjin didn’t catch his shaky voice, ‘you probably don’t remember,’ he froze, his brain tried to find any useful words so their conversation will continue as long as possible.

‘Do you have my pen that you took on the last day of your school?’ STUPID.

Jungkook can’t think any logical reason to call Seokjin, his mind went blank again and the only thing he can remember was his cheap green pen.

Pen?

‘Y-Yeah! It’s really expensive,’ a big fat lie. Jungkook hit his head to the glass window, why he chose this stupid reason to meet up with Seokjin?!

He waited for the answer.

Hoseok peeked inside and felt a bit guilty, what if Seokjin rejects the poor boy?

Jungkook put the phone and stepped out of the booth with his head looking down at his sneakers. Yoongi gulped and about to taps at Jungkook's shoulder before he ran like a madman and screamed ‘YESSS’

Jungkook started jumping like he was possessed by a demon. A love demon.

Hoseok grinned and chased after Jungkook, Jungkook embraced Hoseok and smiled happily, ‘Hobi hyung! Yoongi hyung! I will give both of you anything!’ he shouted at them. It was a big success.

Just like that, they met up after years with no contact. Seokjin came first and waited for Jungkook, the younger male came with the best clothes he had, a dark blue t-shirt and black ripped jeans. Seokjin wore a nice pink hoodie with grey pants, looking ethereal in front of their high school’s gate. They decided to meet there.

Jungkook walked closer and eyed Seokjin nervously, the older male averted his eyes and played with his fingers. He rubbed his neck and waited for Jungkook to talk, he actually was a social butterfly but sometimes when Jungkook stands near him; he becomes so awkward.

‘I’m not late, right?’ the younger male’s heart beats faster than normal, ‘you came early,’ Seokjin nodded. Jungkook gazed to the blue sky, clear sky, ‘it’s so hot, why don’t you wait inside?’ he complained, laced with worries.

‘We promised to meet here, what if you get panicked and think I’m not coming?’ the younger male’s heart fluttered because Seokjin was worried about him.

Then for several minutes of awkwardness, Seokjin took out a green pen from his hoodie’s pocket.

‘Here,’ he handed over Jungkook’s ‘expensive’ pen, Jungkook eyed it for seconds and Seokjin shoved it into his chest. The older man waited for the younger’s reaction.

‘Thanks’ he mumbled, biting his lips again to distract himself.

‘Sure, and please stop biting your lips, it will bleed,’ the younger male blushed and nodded, he hated it when people treat him like a kid but with Seokjin, he felt happy because that’s mean the older man care enough to him.

Now what

Jungkook looked around and spot a cafe, he coughed, ‘it’s hot-’ he recalled some lame pick-up lines from Hoseok, ‘so-’ he memorized the whole book; full of pick-up lines, ‘take care’ and none of those lines helps him.

Seokjin looked down to his shoes with disappointment, he nodded his head and rubbed his nape, ‘Okay … Bye.’

Seokjin walked away, his broad shoulder brushed Jungkook’s shoulder, the younger man groaned. He grabbed Seokjin’s slim wrist, and the older man parted his lips. He stared at his own wrist caught between Jungkook's fingers but he didn't pull away from the firm grip. 

‘Jin Hyung,’ he called with a low voice, Seokjin blinked with anticipation, ‘a-aren't you thirsty? Let’s grab a drink in that cafe,’ finally with enough bravery, he glanced up.

The omega smiled widely, looked so happy and nodded ‘I thought you will never ask’.

Jungkook never felt that happy in his life, his very first date with Seokjin.