Fireworks

B.A.P Drabbles

“Come on, come on!” Youngjae tugs impatiently on your hand, the highest part of you he can reach.

You fumble with the cash between your fingers, trying to double-check that you are giving the correct amount to the man behind the food stall. He takes pity on you and declines your money, smiling broadly as he shoos you in the direction of the viewing area. 

“Alright, Youngjae, wait a second,” you squat down to his level and hold out an ice cream cone, “You still want this right? Or are the fireworks more important?”

Youngjae’s eyes go wide at the sight of the forgotten sweet treat. He smiles bashfully and carefully takes the strawberry ice cream, wasting no time in it. You grab his hand once again and begin weaving your way through the crowded summer festival.

An open spot on a grassy hill provides relief and you sit down quickly to claim the area, pulling Youngjae into your lap. Youngjae wiggles in anticipation, drops of melting ice cream falling onto your thighs. 

“It’s starting!” Youngjae shouts, pointing up at the darkened sky. Above, green, blue, and red stars burst in various shapes. Youngjae calls out each one,

“Did you see that? It was a dog!”

He continues to squeal in excitement and you settle back to watch the firework show with your strawberry ice cream-covered brother.