s e v e n

Dream of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

seven ; over those nights with your warmth and sweet lullaby

Running. Again, Kyungsoo run. As fast as his legs could take him. But this time, his steps were much lighter, carefree. Spring breeze blew over his heavy and thick traditional clothing as he run. Laughter filled the air as a familiar voice shouted for him from behind. And as he stumbled over a twig, a pair of arms caught him and pull his smaller frame into a headlock, or more like a warm embrace. "Can't get away now, sweet prince!"

At the voice, Kyungsoo's smile widen, before he elbowed the male behind him and make a run again with much louder laugh. He couldn't see the man's face. But Kyungsoo recognized the scent of citrus and smoke. Maybe a tiny bit of woods. He smells like all nature combined together and it was truly calming.

But as soon as it appeared, the bright dream blurred into a much more familliar setting. Too familiar. Kyungsoo was running again. This time heavy breaths and panic rise in his chest. He didnt have to guess where it lead him.

Like a broken tape, the same nightmare repeated. His usual nightmare of him running for his life in a wood, dark creeping in from each corner and feet burning from all the running against the harsh ground of thorns and bushes. The pain that shot through his ankle was still the same when he tripped. And again, Kyungsoo's vision blackened into a man's face.

Baekhyun's. The black haired Baekhyun, dark eyes as black as the obsidian staring back at him with unreadable gaze and a smile he could never forget. A smile that brings all sort of emotion to him. He caught the lips mumbling something he could hardly hear and before he could process anything, Kyungsoo look down to his clothes - now soaked with crimson blood.

Just like always.

Kyungsoo jolted awake from his sleep as he gasp for breath. His hand trembles and he stare at it in doubt, checking for any trace of blood. His heart beating loudly against his ribs and his throat sore as if he swas trying to swallow sand. A sudden barge from the door, almost threw Kyungsoo off the bed in shock.

"Kyungsoo? What's wrong?" a frantic looking Baekhyun stood by the doorway. His voice fell into deaf ears as Kyungsoo stare at the worried male while still wondering if he's really awake.

Baekhyun furrowed, his hair messy and he look much like he just jolted himself awake from slumber too. "Are you alright?" he took slow steps towards Kyungsoo but the raven cower in fear at the sight of him, almost like he didn't even recognize him.

"Squishy. It's me. Are you hurt?" the soft tone filled with worry and the nickname almost broke Kyungsoo there and then when he settled in the sight of the man's pastel pink hair.

Kyungsoo sighed and close his eyes. A hand on his face as he catch his breath, trying to calm down from the previous nightmare. Baekhyun finally settled beside him on the bed, arm reaching over to rub the raven's tensed arm. "Hey.. say something," he spoke softly. His voice melting in the darkness of the room.

Kyungsoo look up. However, he's unable to mutter a single word. Baekhyun's eyes filled with tenderness as he brush the raven's bangs that fall over his eyes away. "Nightmare?"

He didn't know how to answer that. The first vision wasn't exactly bad. It wasn't his usual dream. But Kyungsoo felt a foreign feelings crept into him at that. A good one. Only to find it disappeared the next second into thin air and replaced by thick anxiety overwhelming him. Kyungsoo didn't realize he had been staring at the pink haired for too long. He didn't even realize his eyes pooling with tears until Baekhyun wipe a stray drop that managed to escape from the corner of his eyes.

Kyungsoo bit back the words when he was pulled into a warm embrace. His face half buried between Baekhyun's shoulder and chest. And that moment, a scent of citrus and smoke filled his nose. He let the calmness and peace enveloped him as he shut his eyes and let Baekhyun hums a small lullaby while patting his back like he's a two year old in need of care.

"Sleep. I'll be here," those words of affirmation was the last thing he heard before slumber once again pulled him in.

Kyungsoo had the most warm sleep that night. His arms wrapped into a solid figure - the source of his warmth and as he snuggled closer to the pleasure, drowned in the soft melody, Kyungsoo forgot about his dream or even his nightmare.

 

The next morning, Kyungsoo woke up with sunlight basking over his face through the slightly opened window. The curtains blew softly, allowing chilly breeze of spring to greet his skin softly ever. The raven groggily sit up from the bed, looking around only to realized he's not in his room. A loud flush coming from the bathroom startled him out of his shock state. As soon as the door opened, Kyungsoo was ready to throw the night lamp beside him towards whoever it is.

But there come Baekhyun, white plain shirt, grey pants and wet hair. A small towel held between his hands as he dry off his damp pink locks. His gaze landed on Kyungsoo who had his hold on the night lamp and blinked.

"What are you doing?"

Kyungsoo blink back and let go of his hold. At his reaction, Baekhyun chuckled, "Clean yourself up. You were too drunk last night, you didn't even change your clothes," he spoke, making his way towards the vanity and put the hairdryer on the switch.

The raven was filled in confusion until it hit him. "I was drunk?!" Kyungsoo look down to see he's still in his jeans and shirt from last night. He snickered when Baekhyun didn't even try to help him out of his clothes. And then his thought flew over the fact that he would rather Baekhyun not seeing anything--

"You passed out at your second can," a laugh escaped the pink-haired tiers, interrupting Kyungsoo's train of thoughts. "I've never seen someone as low tolerence as yours, squishy. Then you suddenly-- wait. You didn't remember anything, didn't you?" turning around with an amused look on his face, Baekhyun smirked.

"Remember..what?"

The pink-haired put on a mischievous smile, looking up with a dreamy look. "You were being all clingy on me last night. Repeating how you were happy I was there yesterday, how your heart beat like crazy, how my every actions make you got butterflies in your tummy. Calling me stupid for trying to flirt every single time. But of course, you couldn't deny the fact that I'm so cute that you--

Baekhyun turn around to find Kyungsoo nowhere.

Then he heard the shower running from inside the bathroom.

...what a rude guy.

 

They were sitting around Baekhyun's kitchen island, munching on the breakfast Kyungsoo prepared as soon as he finished cleaning the very messed up kitchen. Baekhyun's house was far different from Kyungsoo's small house with two bedroom and a lawn. The pink haired stayed in a decent apartment on the 19th floor with a nice view of the city and almost perfect security system. It wasn't all that elegant, but it certainly not shabby at all.

The furniture mostly consisted of black and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter