Chapter 3: In Memory of the Principal's dog

When In Seoul...

~Tiffany’s POV~

   "Today we're baking bagels," Our cooking teacher started when everyone was seated. "In memory of the Principal's dog, who died a tragic death...because of a yummy bagel."

   Bagels. Gosh, we learned 'how to peel the orange with a decorative look' last week, and now this? And there I was, on my first day of school, when I thought they were going to teach us how to make our own pasta, or how to bake loaf breads or something.

   "Ba...gels.." The girl beside me, Sunny, wrote down on her yellow notepad full of stickers of rainbows and suns with arguably cute faces. "Hey, Tiff, bagels are eaten by people, right?" She said to me while pointing her pen at my direction.

   "Yeah, sure. Why not." I said, forcing a smile as I turn back to my notebook and made a What Was That About face. It was not surprising, actually. Sunny had been like that since forever. It was like she was cursed by the Goddess of Cooking. She was just not meant to cook. I remember one time when she tried to bake Mother's Day cookies in this room for all the teachers with children who work here, and it ended disastrously; there was a small fire in the oven and Sunny's mother had to pay for the damage she made. Probably one of the worst Mother's Day gifts ever.

   The teacher came to me to check if I had prepared all the ingredients needed for the bagel, and - as always - she delightfully said, "Tiffany, you never fail to impress me with your preparation skills." She then turned to Sunny and, in a matter of seconds, her expression turned dark. "Sunny, you better make those bagels, if not edible, presentable. Or else, I'll permanently kick you out of my class."

   Sunny, with her confidence oozing all over the classroom, said, "No worries, saem! I am going to make the best bagel you've ever eaten." As if the Goddess of Cooking was strongly disagreeing with her statement, her opened pack of flour fell down to the ground, but the teacher just left her there, unsurprised.

   "It's just freaking bagels. Gosh, if she doesn't nail this, then she's beyond cursed." I whispered to myself.

   "YAH! What did you just say?!" Whoa, she may not have the cooking skills, but she does have a strong hearing sense.

   "N-nothing, I just said 'good luck'." I smiled a bit and raised my fist a little. "Fighting!"

 

~Key’s POV~

   "Nice keyring," Taemin said while we were walking at the school's hallway. "Where did you get it?"

   I laughed a little. "I don't get things, I buy them," I suddenly stopped walking when I saw Jessica's raging mad face walking to my direction. I swear, it looked like she was a starving rhinoceros that finally found its prey.

   "KIM KIBUM!" Jessica shouted from a distance, which grabbed everybody's attention. "Give it back, you fame-hungry divo!"

   "Fame-hungry?" I chuckled and rolled my eyes.

   "It is kind of true," Taemin mumbled. I punched his right arm, which made him mouth the word, "Ow."

   Jessica grabbed my wrist very tightly (since when did this person become strong?) and whined, with her annoyingly annoyed expression, "Just give it back!"

   "Give what back?" I teased.

   "My darn keyring, you babo!" She let go of my wrist and pushed me a little.

   I looked sideways, pretending to look for the keyring, and then smirked a bit. "It's not with me..."

   "Oh, right," She sarcastically said. "Like it just disappeared when you saw me!"

   I just grinned jokingly and showed her my hands to prove her that I didn't have the keyring. Jessica looked at Taemin with fury and didn't stop until Taemin also showed his hands. She huffed.

   "Listen, Kibum," she said in a low, scary voice while doing a scary expression. "That keyring is very important to me. And If you don't return iy by the end of the week, I will literally kill you. IN YOUR SLEEP! " Taemin stepped a bit backwards when he heard what Jessica said, who catwalked away from us.

   "Annyeong!" I cheerfully waved while she was walking away.

   "Hyung, she gave you a death glare." Taemin whispered. "So where's the keyring?"

   I checked my pockets. It was empty. "Yah, I gave it to you."

   Taemin shook his head. "Nooo, you were bragging about it just earlier."

   "Yeah, but I gave it to you while talking to the Barbie."

   Taemin's eyes suddenly turned big. "Aigoo, hyung it really disappeared when Sica noona came!"

   I was thinking about that too.

   "So," Taemin continued. "Is she really going to kill you?"

   I just looked at him.

 

~Yunho’s POV~

   Tiffany may be just baking bagels, but every time I saw her smiling, it was like I was seeing a glowing goddess. I knew I should have confessed my love for her a long time ago. But if I did, maybe she would avoid me and go to that Jaejoong guy—

   "Jung Yunho!" I was startled. "Your bagel is probably burning right now in that oven."

   I looked at the oven and immediately opened it. When I removed the bagel, it was toasted, but it still looked good. I heard Tiffany giggle from the back. I just sat on the counter and ate the bagel. It wasn't really that bad. And I know someone who cooks worse than me.

~Seohyun’s POV~

   I yawned and stretched my arms as high as I can. Darn, I couldn't believe biology could be as boring as shopping with my step-mom. Our teacher, Ms. Go, wanted us to pick up trashes at the beach on Saturday morning, and then plant seeds on the forests, and then clean the school grounds.

   "Aish. How will I able to do my morning pilates at this tight schedule?" I groaned. I guess Mrs. Go heard me because she stopped writing on the board and faced me.

   "Miss Seo, are you trying to tell the whole class right now that you want to skip this earth-saving project just for an irrelevant exercise?" Mrs. Go raised her brow. 

   Irrelevant excercise? Didn't she know that it was for my own health? Did she want me to gain weight?! I scoffed. "It's called Pilates--" I was about to explain it to her, but I was forced to stop talking when her eyes became scary. "...It's for my own health." I grinned.

   Mrs. Go sighed and said, "Fine,"

   Score!

   "...but you'll do it this on Friday morning."

   My jaw dropped. First, she took my Pilates session, and now she wanted to ruin my beauty sleep!

   "Don't worry, Miss Seo. You're not doing it by yourself. There's another student that will do it with you."

   Oh, man.

 

  

Please continue supporting me!! ^^

 

Thank you~ !! Don't forget to subscribe! :D