Chapter 4 : BTS concert

My Best 5 Initiatives
Please log in to read the full chapter

The guys were still rehearsing on stage, quite serious. They were looking at me from time to time and making some remarks either through the mic for me to hear and participate or between them. The lights were turned off and they were recreating the atmosphere of the show. I could take notice of the several times they were making feedbacks to each other concerning their placements for choregraphies or their pronouciations of their japanese songs. I was seated next to their staff who were kind enough to make me feel confortable and even offered me some drinks. Some of them spoke Japanese, others tried some English and for the rest, I was trying to guess what they meant in Korean.

When the rehearsal was finished, bright lights came down on stage. People, including BTS, clapped to thank everyone for their hard work. It remembered me of when I used to dance.

 

« Hello Maya, Jimin whispered in his mic. It is great to see you, he said in English.

- Hi ! My name is Taehyung. Nice to meet you, he said in Japanese, waving his hand. »

 

I was smiling and came forward to greet them.

 

« Hello, I said in Korean. Nice to meet you, my name is Maya.

- Oh, you speak Korean ? WAH, fantastic ! J-Hope yelled.

- No, not all, I only know a few words ! I am trying to learn though, I blushed inconsciously.

- So how was it ? Jin asked me, lifting his chin.

- It was good... I can't wait to see the show tonight ! I switched to English. It's so big, I can't imagine the Dome being full tonight... »

 

We were all looking at the empty space that would be, for sure, filled the same night by thousands of girls screaming, crying, laughing and living one of their best moments of their lives.

 

« Get on stage, you'll see how even bigger it is, Namjoon told me, extending his hand toward me. »

 

I grabbed his hand, trying to brush off my embarassment, and got on stage with them. There I bowed smiling, so unconfortable and shy, and shaked hands with each member. They all were bigger than me. I am not tall, 5'15 ft, but I thought that maybe Yoongi and Jimin were kind of my height. They weren't, not that much taller, but still taller than me. Namjoon was obviously the tallest and, by looking at him, I felt as if I was looking at my big brother, Marc.

 

« You are not Japanese, Hoseok stated.

- No, I'm not. I am French but I live in Japan for the moment.

- Oh... they all nodded, surprised.

- You live in Tokyo ? Jungkook asked.

- Yes... And, I am sorry for last time, we bumped in each other and...

- Oh no, no, no, it's okay, I'm sorry ! Your keys... My house.

- Yeah, he forgot your keys in Seoul, sorry, Namjoon translated.

- No problem, I've got new ones. Thank you. »

 

An announce was made for everyone to hear. Namjoon explained me it was time for them to get ready and so we had to go backstage. I followed them and there I found my belongings. I didn't really know when I should give it to them now that they were getting ready. I didn't want to disturb them so I waited.

 

 

The show was over, leaving me with a mix of complex feelings. I was so thankful for them to had given me the chance to assist to their concert. I was happy and grateful to be alive and there, in Tokyo, yet very emotional. I couldn't stop remembering the very first time I saw them on American Hustle Life on Dailymotion after some 2NE1 videos. I was feeling proud as a fan and as a music lover for the career they had achieved. I could see everyone in the crowd as deeply touched as I was. Some girls were crying and hugging each other. I thought of Carole and wondered if she would have joined me for this concert. She wasn't really into kpop and, actually, none of my friends were into it. I was the only one dreaming about travelling in Asia and living abroad. As my feelings were colliding inside, they thanked everyone. They were quite emotional, it was their last concert of the Tour, and I was there.

I took my time to get backstage. I thought they needed some time together, to reflect on what had happened during the Tour, on their career, on what would come next. They also probably needed to change and go back to the hotel to get some rest. 20 minutes later, I decided it was about time to get back to them. I walked and met a BTS crew member who oriented me to get back to the place I was before the concert. There I drank some water and prepared the gifts to give it to them. I put everything in the same big bag and made sure I didn't forget anything. I waited some time, trying to get rid of my stress.

Another 20 minutes passed. I was wondering if they would still come back. I didn't have the gut to get out of the room and asked when they would come.

Another 20 minutes later, I gathered my courage and walked out of the room. I stopped a girl who was walking there and asked her what I should do.

 

« BTS members are gone already. »

 

I stood there, silent. Really ? They went like this ?

 

« I had gifts to give to them...

- I can give it to them. I am a member of their crew.

- Really ? You wouldn't mind ? »

 

The girl shaked her head but seemed annoyed. I decided to give her the presents because, anyway, I didn't have the choice. I wasn't going home with those. I guessed disappointment must had showed all over my face as the girl seemed sorry. I understood them. They must had been so tired. It was the end of the Tour, they needed some time together and might even want to party. I could understand that much. I was

Please log in to read the full chapter