Feel

Give me your Hand

The raven-haired beauty poured her innermost emotions into facing her. As the girl's shift had finally come to an end, the anxiousness lodged into down to the pit of her stomach. It was purely a simple conversation accompanied with coffee yet when Jeongyeon placed her apron on its corresponding hook signifying the end of her shift, it felt all too real. The dance practice, the after-school catastrophe, the tutoring lessons even the phone call felt all too real. The presence of Jeongyeon was enticing yet intimidating even from when just simply striding towards her ever so carefully.

 

Momo noticed hesitation and when inspecting closer, she could’ve sworn Jeongyeon expression was mortified when attempting to approach the latter. Usually, the girl would’ve automatically teased, having known Jeongyeon so long but times were different. She was still kept in the dark after failed attempts which only piqued her curiosity. It was too risky to think otherwise.

 

Momo signalled the spot opposite from her but the girl remained stiff whilst fidgeting with her silver rings that covered her fingers. It was quite blunt to Momo that Jeongyeon’s frequently done bad habit was because of nervousness.

“Your shifts finished right? Have some coffee with me if you have time.” She nonchalantly asked which helped Jeongyeon ease herself within the booth.

 

Silent words passed by between them as their eyes met. Jeongyeon was the first to break eye contact and gave a tired sigh before explaining.

“I can’t tell you much so bare with me but…. I’m involved, well, let’s not say involved,” she gestured defensively, “There is a group of very very bad people targeting me so I called you because you were the last person I met yesterday night and I care—” Biting her tongue, she restrained herself to mention her feelings that were far too embarrassing.

Momo stare upon Jeongyeon remained intense as if she was analyzing every soft detail that was left with scars. Sighing, she leaned closer whilst the other sulked deeper in the booths cushions.

The blonde realized that her actions looked pathetic but imagining Momo’s rejection was painfully distracting. Her eyes snapped open at the soft and oddly warm touches of fingers caressing her cheeks. The gazes of unaware strangers would’ve guessed them as a couple at how it seemed.

“Did these bad people do this?” Jeongyeon secretly loved how warm Momo’s fingers were when smoothing the creases of her bandages. She nodded silently before reaching the hand that still touched her, placing them on the table in an effort to calm her nerves. Though, instantly feeling discomfort at the sudden loss of warmth that blanketed toxic thoughts.

“Look Peach you have to understand that it’s not high school brats trying to have little fun, their professionals in what they do and they will go after you in any given opportunity.” She shifted under her weight uncomfortably at the thought of her sisters' tortuous methods. “We need to end the tutoring lessons and don’t worry, I’ll explain to Ms. Park about this. Worst case scenario, I’ll probably fail the course which I can always repeat again….I think….I’m not sure but—but you need to stay out of this before it gets worse for you and—and your family business and—”

Momo couldn’t comprehend if Jeongyeon was reassuring, warning or having a mental break down. Probably all three. Either way, her mind was set before Jeongyeon could ramble onwards

“I can’t do that Jeong”

“No—no yes you can.” She encouraged, a little startled.

“I made a promise to Ms. Park that I’ll help you succeed in getting into college so dear help me god you are not failing this even if there are bad guys after you or me.” She baffled, figuring out where all her excessive determination came from.

Jeongyeon face remained stern, hiding her astonishment from Momo’s confidence even if she’s seen it plenty of times whilst mocking each other. Times have changed now perhaps.

“Look I’ll be blunt with you. They will hurt you—no they’ll probably kill you if you get involved so please don’t.”

“And why would they kill me” Momo wasted no time in further questioning the latter.

“Because—”

“Because of what?! Because you dropped me home one time. What! What could it possibly be?”

“They’re gangsters Momo. Gangsters whose bloodthirst are eccentric and unfair and cruel and—and it’s things like those that leave me in a tricky situation to not get blood on my hands”

“You—” the girl was speechless. Perplexed at the new discovery, she brushed her hair back when attempting to form sentences. After much time pondering, she gave in to the coated silence that took between them.

Jeongyeon coughed lightly in an effort to prevent further awkwardness. Before she could continue, Momo’s phone rang abruptly. The latter immediately fished her phone out of her coat pocket and her expression hardened at seeing the Caller ID.

Noticing the sudden shift in the Japanese girls mood, Jeongyeon swiftly grabbed the phone off Momo’s grasp just before she contemplated in answering.

“Ok, Jeong that’s not funny give it back.”

“It’s your father pick it up?” Jeongyeon changed the directions of the bright screen to face Momo who immediately ended the call from further noises.

“Woah why didn’t you pick it up?” Jeongyeon nose scrunched in disapproval, “it’s your billionaire father isn’t it?”

“Yes, yes it is but I’m talking to you and it would be extremely rude in interrupting our discussion.” Jeongyeon didn’t buy the poorly done excuse Momo tried to convince.

“And?”

“And I hate him ok? I hate being around him, I hate talking to him I just hate him”

“Hate is a strong word Peach” she countered

“And a meaningful one at best.”

Jeongyeon heaved a sigh at the raven-haired girl's reluctant attitude. At least he wasn’t a lowlife drunk as for what she’d experience in father problems.

“He’s probably just calling me to relish in his successful deal in Tokyo which I’m not interested in knowing.” Momo deepened her weight into the booth before silencing her ringer. “He expects me to continue on the Hirai legacy which is personally inconsiderate to what I w—are you even listening?”

Jeongyeon hummed, giving her attention to the one who sat across, though, in her mind, she tried connecting pieces to the unsolved answer she was presented with. Muttering under her breath at to what Momo’s father's business truly involved itself in.

“I sound like an right?” The question sounded genuine as if she’s been asking herself this for years.

“As much as I want to say yes, no you don't sound like an . I mean, of course, you should have rights to your own future but sometimes customs are different when your families invested their entire life into something.”

“Wow not bad Jeong, I didn’t expect such a thoughtful response.” Momo enthused

“What can I say, my brain can work miracles when it’s sober” Both scattering giggles at the remark though Jeongyeon tried containing herself to ask a question still pondering in her mind.

“Wait Momo, before you said your father’s in Tokyo right now bargaining a deal with a client right?”

“Yeah, probably why?” Momo could’ve sworn Jeongyeon’s muttered about her sisters involving.

“You have a sister. Why haven’t you talked about her when we were smaller or is she...?”

“I wish she was dead but no she’s… up and about.” Jeongyeon neglected the truth as it would only exploit Momo’s curiosity. “Anyway, about the deal, do you know what it’s about and who’s involved?”

“No and no. All I know is he went to Tokyo early yesterday morning and hasn’t arrived back.”

The dry luck was irritating especially since it could’ve involved her sisters' sudden disappearance. Better yet, an excuse for finding her sisters' constant attempts in recruiting her.

“But” Momo hesitated

“But what?!” Perking the latter's interest as she leaned closer.

“I can access my father's private investment deals but it’s risky.”

“How risky we talking?”

“Well it might strengthen our business relationship if I involve myself but from an outside view, it definitely would cause suspiciousness if not worse given the fact that I made a clear decision on where I stand with the corporation.”

Any ounce of hopefulness Jeongyeon had washed itself to the surface. She hadn’t realized how close the distance was between each other from the rush of overwhelming ideas bursting her thoughts. “How about if I told you there was another way to access those investment deals”

“Go on” Troubled, Momo tilted her head.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This was the first time Momo had been in a suburban garage remotely built to create a simple homey feeling. The warm welcome was short lived when Jeongyeon petite friend carelessly whacked the latter's head with a catalogue in an effort to seek an apology. It was a relief for Momo in knowing that they ended up in Chaeyoung’s, one of Jeongyeons closest friends, garage. The truth being that she would be overwhelmed in arriving at a sketchy and unpleasant place if finding a hacker.

“What the hell Chae?!” Jeongyeon arched an eyebrow, baffled.

“Didn’t I tell you not to pay obvious attention to Mina but no—you deliberately called her out and now I don’t know what to do I—” Chaeyoung scrambled to her feet immediately after seeing the unexpected guest that the girl almost fell off her chair.

Momo appeared from behind the drapes that separated the girls gaming space. She sheepishly gave Chaeyoung an apologetic smile for intruding her personal property though she couldn’t hold to ask the anticipated question.

“I didn’t know you like Mina” Both Momo And Jeongyeon laughed in unison at the small girls defensive blabbering, giving up in frustration as the girls only laughed louder.

“Why’d you not tell me Momo was coming—also when’d you guys get close?!” Chaeyoung sputtered to accommodate the situation. This was all types of confusion for Chaeyoung so she couldn’t blame her in being flustered.

The topic was quickly brushed passed.

“I need your help in hacking into Hirai Crops personal investment files” Jeongyeon smiled smugly, “If you can do that for me.”

“Hirai Crops? You mean the girl right beside you whose father owns the company. That Hirai Corp?”

Momo wished for nothing but to understand where Jeongyeon planned to lead the situation. Awkward would be one of many feelings she accounted currently in knowing less to nothing to her father's involvement.

Jeongyeon nodded in agreeance, “Yes that Hirai Corp. Her father is currently in Tokyo, possibly doing dealings with you-know-who involved.” Silent words were transferred passed the two friends. Chaeyoung quickly caught on to who was mentioned indirectly.

“Uh uh, nope. Last time I involved myself I was left covered in bruises and my front tooth was cracked.” The small girl whined, sulking back into her chair.

“C’mon it’s different now I swear. I can actually find legitimate evidence in getting out of this situation”

“Nope”

“C’mon ChaeChae” Jeongyeon said irritably

Chaeyoung was surely cute if not the intimidating death stare she gave off in that instant. Momo was half-scared in interrupted yet it couldn’t be helped in knowing she had a better advantage.

“You help us and I’ll assure you that I’ll make Mina fall for you,” Both girls whipped their heads towards Momo’s direction, giving her full attention. “I do have the better advantages in doing so” she retorted nonchalantly. Fortunately enough to salvage what was left.

“How?”

“That’s up for me to decide but the end results will be in your favour.” As easy as it was taking candy from a baby, Momo persuaded Chaeyoung who quickly obliged.

“Fine,” she sighed in defeat, “But I also want a Strawberry Cheesecake from your workplace Jeongi”

“Deal”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________



Upon receiving no satisfying response from Chaeyoung for hours, the girls settled themselves comfortably on a small, cream-coloured couch placed in the very corner. Jeongyeon and Momo peered at the latter process who consecutively scratched her head in frustration.  

“Finally yes, ok I got something.” Chaeyoung leaned back, prolonging a tried sigh and signalling the girls to inspect the results, which they gladly did.

“Since I couldn’t personally insert a flash drive, the commands were a little difficult,” Jeongyeon looked at the screen filled with coded numbers then back at Chaeyoung. She reckoned her friends enthusiasm, above all, gave her the innermost strength in pursuing life. Being treated with those who has a profound effect in her life, this was home to Jeongyeon and to the girls. The thought had somewhat made Jeongyeon ecstatic if their were even a percentage of a chance of happiness, far away from the life gangsters forced upon her.

“Jeongi you listening?”

“Yeah yeah go on” She enthused, embarrassed from spacing out yet again.

“As I was saying, the commands were a little difficult without a USB but the main software I tried tracing luckily had a easy physical write-protection enabled. I’m not gonna go in too much details but I took an existing file and replaced it with a nefarious file of my creation. But keep in mind, the more files we trojanize, the more likely someone will click on something, executing the payload embedded into the AppleScript.  So before trojanizing, I created a---”

“Chaeyoung” There was a momentous pause from the small girl, one that was quick enough for her to continue rambling onwards. Momo didn’t know how to tell Chaeyoung to move forwards to the results since their relationship wasn’t its closest. They barely interacted asides from today. Momo’s eyes shifted about restlessly, she clenched on Jeongyeon’s arms, implying her to take her place in asking. Though was left irritated at the blonde’s amusements when defensively raising her hands, pouting.

“Chaeyoung” Momo’s repeated, her voice trailing louder to finally catch the hackers attention.

“Yeah what’s up?” Humming in response

“So did you find the investments files?” The anticipated question being held for far too long finally was in the grasp of Jeongyeon

“Oh, yeah I did. Hirai Corp recently discontinued its trading supplies for their Laboratory Equipment and Reagent. Though just yesterday the company issued a legal binding document with Black Lab Supplies which sound super sketchy if you ask me--Ahem, but Hirai Corp made a huge profit at a starting price of $20 million under the name of… Gong Seungyeon...oh”  

 

A look of empathy entered Chaeyoung eyes as she looked back in disbelief from Jeongyeon’s sullen expression. “I’m sorry Jeong”

Jeongyeon winced. She wanted to rant but the feeling of Momo’s gentle hands caressing her arms alarmed scattered emotions.

“Are you ok?” Momo asked, there was a tinge of sorrow in her words.

The blonde choked out a weak reply which only deepened the girl's worriedness. Jeongyeon looked physically and emotionally exhausted, her resting features looked gravely paler than usual, the black circles under her eyes stood prominent.

“Chae can you print out the details of the files. I need to check them over and see what I can do from there.” She rubbed her eyes aggressively from lack of sleep, the overwhelming feeling to collapse was pushed to the side in order to pursue a higher goal. Stirring the conversation was enough said for Chaeyoung to subtly hint Momo to take Jeongyeon home though the girl didn’t need to be asked twice as she understood straight away.

“She’ll probably give them on Monday since uh….the files take a long time to import into a page that could be printable, right Chaeyoung?” Momo asking for reassurance

“OH yeah, it takes quite a while to get that sorted but by then you can….well I don’t know….get some rest?” Sleeping sounded like a forbidden pleasure at the moment. The information just gather was too fragile to sleep it off.

“But I’m pretty sure the software can print files” Jeongyeon had meant to steer the conversation away but it seemed as if Momo knew what she was about to do and prevented it from happening.

“You need sleep Jeongyeon and you very well know that.” The blonde sighed in defeat which surprised Momo, who practically self-prepared a speech if Jeongyeon got testy.

“Let’s go then” Jeongyeon’s eyes narrowed, being very well tempted to argue further would’ve ended poorly, especially when Momo’s soft eyes pierced through her continuously. “But we’re getting ramyun”

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“It’s really spicy—” Momo slurped the reminiscing soup of the ramyun, “but so addicting.” After leaving Chaeyoung’s house, the two stopped at a local convenience store for cheap ramyun which Momo consumed in a heartbeat.   

Jeongyeon couldn’t help but laugh at the sight of Momo’s puffy eyes and swollen cheeks. How can eating ramyun look so cute…

“Calm yourself there peach, you're gonna choke.”

“I’m finished” Showing the empty cup to Jeongyeon, Momo was satisfied by the tasty meal she was offered. “Can I ask you a question?” She continued

Jeongyeon nodded, “What’s going on?” Momo question came off weaker than expected but the message was clear enough for Jeongyeon to freeze in her steps. “I’m done guessing over and over and I’m sick of it so….please just tell me”

The older winced, pressing her lips together at Momos sudden confession. Seeing that the girl stood reluctant to change the topic, Jeongyeon let out a long, tired sigh. There at that point, she knew it was useless to hide something Momo was already too involved in.

“Gong Seungyeon was—is my older sister. She leads a group of a gangster known as the Black Corpse who are also involved with your father somehow. I sure in hell know they’re not making lab supplies so if I find out what they’re doing, I may have a chance in escaping from her.” Momo crept closer when Jeongyeon started choking on her words. The girl attempted in holding her tears but as Momo leaned closer into a tight hug, she winced at the sudden comfort. Holding back was immediately discarded as she cried softly in Momo’s warmth.

“When I told you that I’m not letting you quit tutoring, I meant it. I’m helping you through this whether you like it or not.” The soft whimpers turned into loud cries and the already close distance became closer. “Besides Mrs. Park would kill you if you’d quit”

The older girl closed her eyes at the sudden pit of laughter that erupted. They both ended up laughing in each other’s embrace, almost losing balance while gasping for air.

Jeongyeon backed aways just enough to meet eye contact with Momo. There was a hint of warning in her eyes as if telling the younger would’ve caused a burden if she gets more involved

“You don’t have to worry about me,” Momo promised, “I can handle myself”

Another abrupt laughter left Jeongyeon which only received a playful smack from the unamused latter.

“Ok-ok but seriously let’s get you home before your maids get suspicious”

“My maid's shifts end at 6:00 so no, they won’t be. Aside from that, lets not forget your the one who looks like a zombie.” She smoothened the bandages that rested on Jeongyeons face, a usual habit when the two were close distanced. This time though, the older girl didn’t stop the comforting action as she leaned her head closer, resting upon Momo’s palms.

“A hot y zombie to be exact.” Momo scoffed at Jeongyeon childish attitude,  “But I’m still dropping you home first.”

“I’m not going on that bike of ours. Just saying.” the younger whined, pointing at the scrambler that sat a few steps ahead. Jeongyeon retrieved an extra helmet and tossed it to Momo, who huffed in disapproval. The stubborn girl, however, straddled herself onto the bike whilst tightly wrapping her arms around Jeongyeons waist. The familiar warmth of Momo’s hands placed around her lower body made the girl rigid. In distress, she coughed lightly accompanied by a slight shift to retrace her uprising thoughts. Though Momo stayed unbothered as the idea of sleep took her over.

Driving a bike seemed harder to control when someone like Momo rested against you. Never had she imagined to ever let someone do as they please and to be honest, she was terrified at how easy it felt. Momo arms wrapped around Jeongyeon tenderly and leant her face against the warmth of the drivers back. The sounds of soft snores from behind her shoulders.

The ride was silent throughout with little to no chatters given from each other. When reaching Momo’s enormous mansion, the bike was parked at its front gate letting Momo hop of just in time for her to speak.

“Hey” Momo turns back, giving Jeongyeon a sheepish smile

“What’s up?”

Momo in a deep breath, trying to contain her nervousness. Jeongyeon definitely found it suspicious at the girl's odd behaviour.  Her leg loosely kicked the pavement while her fingers kept fidgeting with each other.

“What’s up?” Jeongyeon repeated, this time with more worries in her voice.

“Could you stay for the night.” Momo could feel her ears heating up, her eyes narrowed upon realizing the girl's discomfort.

Jeongyeon clenched her jaw. She would’ve never imagined squirming so much at the thought of staying with Momo, scratch that, staying the night with Momo in her house.

The older would have said no if not from Momos large, round, innocent eyes and her pouting mouth. It was useless to refuse now even if she tried. Jeongyeon followed the younger action and pouted.

“You gonna force me aren’t you”

Momo placed her hands on the sides of her hips in a stern manner. “Despite in what you think, I’m not letting you drive back looking exhausted,” she scolded, “And don’t get me started with--”

“OK….I’ll stay” Before she finished her sentence, however, Jeongyeon held up her hand in an apologetic manner. As much as she wanted the younger to continue, sleeping was the only thing running through her mind momentarily. Though it would’ve been amusing to see Momo lose her temper.

The two girls kept quiet for a few moments before Momo spoke again. “Come inside” her voice lingered in the air like music to the olders ear. She couldn’t help but get excited for her midnight invitation with someone she couldn’t deny anymore.

Stop making me feel this way Momo...

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: IM BACK!!! Sorry if this chapter felt all over the place, I didn't know how to tranisiton some parts but aside from that, I hope you enjoyed the chapter as much as I love making them <333333 

This chapter focused on Jeongyeon's sentimental past which helped create a better relationship with Momo. Next chapter, I'll be focusing on them again but with more added features ;)

Let me know if you guys want any POV for the charaters? I think it would help understand the characters better but I'm not too sure if you guys would want that?? Let me Know!!