Two

Defensive Abusive

"What do you mean by no food?!" He begins to pull and slams all the things around him.

As usual,he reeks of alcohol with some lipstick stains around his collar.

"My shift ended really late and I fell asleep.I'm sorry" You mumbled lowly as he keeps slamming whatever he can reach on the table. "I said I'm hungry! Don't you understand?!"

His eyes blazed with fire as he stares into your orbs. You nodded slowly and walk to the kitchen but he suddenly pulls you back harshly.

"I wanted it now! Why couldn't you do a simple thing like that?"

"I'm going to make it for you now!" You retorted back,trying to defend yourself.
He glare at you and squeeze your arms tighter making you squirm in pain.
"How dare you talk back right at me" he gritted through his teeth.

"Ah,it hurts" you cried while struggling to free your arms. He release your arms and grab your hair instead "You're coming with me". He said while dragging you to the bedroom.


#


"Yes,I'm sure our company will hand you the proposal soon"

"Lovely.I really hope this project will be a great success!"


bzzt.

bzzt.

"Son,your phone" Mr.Jeon whisper to his soon.

"Oh,sorry" Jungkook fish his phone out from his pocket and saw a text from an unknown number. Surely he knows who it was from but he just think its not necessary to save the number for the sake of privacy.

"Is it important?" His dad quietly mumble under his breath while chewing the food.

He shook his head and keep his phone back in the  pocket.

"Oh there she is!" the woman excitedly welcome a beautiful lady.

"Mr Jeon, Jungkook. This is my niece,Maria"

The three of them bow at each other and begin discussing more about the so-called-company-project.

"I hope both of you get along well through this project" the woman winked at Jungkook.

He smiled politely knowing what it means --again. He has been through this routine almost every month and its no surprise why he is called a playboy. His mind was actually clouded with the thought of the text he received a while ago.


'I heard them quarreling again.'

 

#


"Good morning,Sunbae" 

"Morning" Jungkook smiled while passing by the workers.He stare straight at this one room as he walk to his office. Her curtains is widely open and she's fast asleep on the table.

He sighed and walk into his room. He sets up the table and switch on the necessary when his assistant walk in "Do you need anything today?"
"Hmm,what is the time now?"

"8am,sir"

He chuckled "I told you to stop calling me that"

"Sorry,I got used to it" he politely bow. 

"By noon, call Yujin to come into my room. I saw that she's been sleeping and slacking around" he ordered.

The assistant instantly formed an 'O' with his mouth,knowing how bad could his leader be when he's mad.

"Alright,anything else?"

"Nope" He hummed and begin turn on his laptop.

 

The assistant nod and walk out of the room, knowing the boss would want to be left alone. 

 

#

 

Bzzzt.

Bzzzt.

The phone vibrates for 9th times today making you jerked up in a standing position.

"Oh my god what time is it now" you fumbled and push away all the paper works on your desk to find your watch.

 

'12:05 pm'

 

"eeeeeppppp!" You gasped. "Why did you fall asleep,just why Yujin why" you hit yourself on the head. You mentally hate yourself now for falling asleep. Its just that you barely had a good sleep last night. You sighed and pull your sleeve, all red and bruises.

"again" you breathed out.

He was drunk again, was he? Or was he stressed out? You can't recall. Did he hit your head too hard this time? No,no impossible. He will not go that far.

 

"Miss Yujin-sshi!"

 

"Ah! What are you doing in my office?!" you yelped at the sudden scream from Jungkook's assistant. He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes,pretending to be annoyed.

 

"I knocked till my hand almost bleed but you did not response so I walked in just to check if you're not dead"

 

"Oh" Your eyes cast down to your arms and quickly pull your sleeves back and button it, hoping this guy will notice nothing.

 

"Mr Jeon wants you in his office"

 

"Now?"

 

"Yes, now"

 

You sighed. What does this guy want now. You told him to stop bothering you.

 

"Now Yujin,now." he reminded before turning his heels toward the door. 

"And you might wanna wash the drools off your face before meeting him" he pointed your cheeks, making you blushed in embarrassment. 

 

Once you have done tidying up yourself, you slowly walk towards his office which is not too far from yours. You softly knock , "Mr Jeon" 

 

"Hmm" you heard his hum in response and twist the door open. He was busy typing between his keyboard and phone. He saw you and stop typing. 

 

"Seat"

 

You quietly pull and sit on the chair right in front of him. He begin to take out a few paper works from his shelf and place it right in front of you.

 

"This was last week's data. I found that it's not synchronized with the data given from the seventh floor technician."

 

"But I -

 

"Re do" he pointed at the paper works, sounded like a very mean boss in every drama you could see. Unlike his whining, stubborn self that you argued with a few days ago. In either way, he is still mean when it comes to duty even though both of you can be considered pretty close outside the work place. 

 

You quietly nod while hanging your head down low.

 

You heard him sighs, follow up with the sound of his chair creaking when he leans his body on it. 

 

"Have you had your lunch?"

 

"No" you quietly whisper

 

"Have your lunch and finish these by today or else more paper works will be piled up by tomorrow"

 

"By today?" Your head slightly tweak up to look at him.

 

"Why? Can't you? Or is it your husband?" he stare right at your eyes searching for signs to make you feel angry at the sound of 'husband'.

 

You look away,feeling bitter at the thought of your husband. "Nothing, I'll get going"

 

He smirked while looking at your back walking away from his office.

 

#

 

"I can do this!" you said for the umpteenth time and sighed. You know those words will not work because you still have a lot more to finish and everyone had already gone back home long ago. You are stuck here with your paper works, thanks to that big headed -

 

"ANYONE ORDERED FRIED CHICKEN AND JJANGMYEON"

 

speaking of the devil. Here he comes bursting in innocently with food on his hands.

 

"What are you doing here go away" you pursed your lips and cross your arms at his giddy sight in front of you.

 

"Oh~~ make me" he begin arranging the food on the other table.

 

"I'm serious, go away Jeon Jungkook"

 

"Excuse me? I am just trying to eat peacefully here without a single sound. What is your problem?" he begin munching on his food.

 

Just then, your stomach grumbled loudly. Loud enough to make him chuckle and smirk. He tap the seat right next to him. 

 

"I heard that, don't be stubborn."

 

You rolled your eyes and gives up. "I hate you"

 

"I love you too" he giggles with his mouth full of food.  Your heart twitched..maybe a bit.

When was the last time you heard the word 'I love you'? When you were 8? or is it 6? You don't remember the last time people even sincerely love you anymore. You stare at him a little while, your heart swells. Maybe he was joking but it meant a lot for someone to say that to you. 

 

He actually helped you through the night with paper works until he decided to take his second can of drink. You kinda knew his low level of tolerance with alcohol since he never drink more than one bottle of it in any dinner or event. His face was all red.

"Ugh" he whined while laying by his side on the couch. 

 

"Why did you even bought these when you know you can't tolerate,aigo" You clean up the table while keeping an eye on him just in case he might  throw up in your office.

 

"Why did you even stay when you know he keeps hurting you" your heard his slurred words right through his hiccups.

 

"I don't"

 

"Liar"

 

You ignored his words and continue cleaning pretending not to hear him in the first place. You quietly place all the trash in a plastic bag and tie it up in a spot near by your door. 

Just then your phone rings, and it is your husband.

 

"Hello-

 

"Where are you?!"

 

"I can't go back home today, I have a lot of work to do, I am sorry"

 

"Is your work much more important that your husband!?"

 

Jungkook stirred at the sound of his loud voice over the phone and you had to look the other side to prevent him from listening.

 

"I told you I am busy today,I can't go back right now"

 

"Why are you so stubborn?! I called you because I cared and asking you to go back  home nicely.."

 

"Why can't you be understanding for once?"

 

"Yah--

 

Jungkook snatch the phone away from you and place his ear on the phone instead

 

"Yah you ungrateful wife! Are you lying to me or is it that you are trying to run away from me? Those beatings you got yesterday was not painful enough for you to respect me isn't it? answer me!"

 

Jungkook look at you.

'those beatings'

You look away, not knowing where to hide the truth anymore.

 

Through all the screams and cursing, he turn off the call. He slid the phone back on the table and pull your arms.

 

"Show me"

 

You pulled back your arms and hide it with hugging yourself. "This is non of your business"

 

"Why is it not? You are working under me and I have right to protect my workers from any harm"

 

"I- I need to finish my work" you tried to walk away to your desk but he grab your wrist

 

"Let's report this to the police"

 

You sighed. "No, we can't"

 

"How long are you gonna suffer with this? Are you really okay living with a monster? You might end up dying!"

 

"I can take care of myself,Jungkook. Thank you. I need to get home fast before he get too angry"

 

He pulled you again "No, stay at my home tonight. Or if you're uncomfortable stay at my parent's or my friend or anyone but your home"

 

"No, don't involve yourself with my life, please just go"

 

"Yujin, listen-

 

bzzt.

 

A message popped out at his notification.

 

'Hello oppa, its me Maria. When can we meet?'

"Just go," You softly push his grip away from your wrist and walk back to your desk to resume your work.

 

 

 

 

 

Hey, drop down some review and love! Will update soon <3