Chapter Twenty Three

The Four Brothers (ON HOLD)

 

“Where I’m I?” Gui asked sitting up.

“Gui! You’re finally awake!” Angela said relived.

“How did I get back here?” Gui asked as Angela brought her a glass of water.

“If it weren’t for Wang Zi, I don’t think I could bring you back here all by myself.” Angela answered.

“Wang Zi? Do you mean Young Master Wang Zi?” Gui asked and Angela nodded.

“Oh… Where’s Genie and Hebe?” Gui asked not remembering what happened.

“Um… they are sleeping…” Angela looked uncomfortable.

“Really? What time is it?”

“Midnight.”

“Oh, my god! What about the challenge?” Gui asked.

“Mr. Wu told Mrs. Fang that the challenge ended. She wasn’t happy, but since you know, Mr. Wu is…”

“Enough said.” Gui said putting up her hand to stop Angela from speaking. “You should go to sleep.”

“Okay… but Gui are you really okay?” Angela asked.

“Yeah…” Gui said lying back down and closing her eyes.

Half an hour later Gui could hear Angela breathing deeply. She was asleep. Gui slowly got up and decided to go out and take some fresh air. She didn’t want to change out of her short shorts and a tank to, so she put on a sweater and went out.

Gui slowly opened the door, not wanting to wake Angela up. Gui sat down on one of the benches outside Building A.

“There sure are a lot of stars…” Gui sighed as a strong gust of wind blow at her. She shivered and sneezed.

“You should wear something more warm if you want to be out here.” Someone behind Gui said.

“Young Master A- Aaron!” Gui said and sneezed again.

“Here.” Aaron said and took off his coat and put it on Gui.

“T- Thanks!” Gui said looking back to the stars. “Why aren’t you sleeping?” Gui asked.

“I should be asking you the same thing.” Aaron said sitting beside Gui on the bench.

“Hey! I asked you first!” Gui said pouting.

“Okay! Jesus! I can’t sleep. Is that a good answer?” Aaron asked.

“I guess… So… What happened after me- I left today?” Gui asked.

“Nothing much, Mr. Wu just cancelled the challenge. Everybody went back to whatever they were doing… So… I guess you are Chun’s sister?”

“No. I’m not.” Gui said.

“I believe you are. Even Mr. Wu said-”

“Please Aaron. They left me ten years ago. In those ten years they were not longer anybody to me.” Gui said. Aaron had just realized that Gui didn’t call him Young Master Aaron, but just simply Aaron. Aaron felt warm inside. He has never felt this way before.

“Anyways I’m going back inside. Thanks for the coat.” Gui said standing up and giving his coat back. Somehow when Gui had gotten up she tripped over something and fell. Aaron caught her just in time before she could fall. Their faces there centimetres apart. Gui could feel Aaron’s warm breath on her face. Aaron could feel Gui’s heart pounding really fast, he smiled.

“Why is your heart pounding so fast?” Aaron teased. He doesn’t know why he asked that. Gui blushed.

“M- My heart isn’t pounding!” Gui slurred. Aaron smiled. They stilled like that for another minute in till Aaron’s cell rang, they broke apart.

“I’m going in.” Gui said and ran back into the building. Before Gui went in she heard Aaron say a girl’s name.

“Rainie! I missed you!” Aaron said. Gui felt her hear tighten as she heard those words before going in.