Kittys and Water Fights (BaekYeol)

Drabble Babble

 

"Listen, the only reason I'm tagging along with you idiots is because you said it's at an animal shelter and you know I love me some adorable babies!" Baekhyun sasses as he and his two best friends walk along the streets on their way to the aforementioned animal shelter. It's a surprisingly sweltering July mid-morning, perfectly sunny without a cloud in the sky and each man has on shorts to free their legs to roam and a green and purple t-shirt with the shelter's logo on it.

     "Which is exactly why we came to pick you up personally and made sure you left your IDs at home before you end up adopting every single creature there. What would we have told your mom!" Minseok bites back, punching the other's arm when Baekhyun sticks his tongue out at him in response.

     "Knock it off dum-dums, I promised Joonmyun two sane volunteers so don't go killing each other 'cause then I'll have none."

     "Thanks for the concern, Xing." They grumble, turning the corner and seeing the colourful signs plastered all around 'Anipals Shelter & Rescue' advertising their apparent third annual 'Car Wash for Pals' charity event. None of the men knew about this place up until a few months ago when Yixing started to date the company's manager, Joonmyun, and that is how they were roped into volunteering for this year's event. Paired with the fact that they all adored animals and were more than happy to help.

     A few people were still putting up decorations and such when the trio walk up to the building; Yixing immediately runs off towards a handsome man sorting sponges into buckets and hugs him from behind. They greet each other happily and kiss briefly before Yixing drags him towards his friends.

     "Joonie, these are my two best friends. Min, Baek, this is Joonmyun!"

     "Hi, it's very nice to finally meet you guys. Xing's told me so much about you!" Joonmyun says as he shakes both of their hands. "I want to also thank you for giving your time today and helping out! We and our pals appreciate it very much."

     "It's not a problem, Joonmyun. We're glad to be here, right Baek?" Minseok prompts.

     "Yes, yes, very glad to help. Now, where are the babies! I want to say hi to all of them!" The brunet squeals and gains annoyed looks from his friends. But Joonmyun chuckles at his excitement and points over to the front door.

     "They're inside getting ready. We usually have a large area where people can pet and play with the animals while they get their cars washed but each animal needs to be groomed first. You can go inside and help Chanyeol with that while we finish setting up out here."

     "Alright!" Baekhyun salutes to them and runs off towards the doors. He pushes them open and follows the sound of running water to a grooming room where he sees a rather tall redhead filling up a small baby bathtub with water. After it's full, and the person shuts off the tap, Baekhyun steps into the room and clears his throat, startling the other who jolts and rapidly turns around. The sight that greets Baekhyun after is spectacular because wow, was this person gorgeous.

     "Woah, you scared me!" The person exclaims in a deep baritone that did not match his face.

     "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to. Joonmyun told me I should come in here and help Chanyeol ready the animals," Baekhyun tells the man. "I assume that you're Chanyeol?"

     "Yes, you assume right," Chanyeol affirms as he lifts the tub out of the sink with a grunt and places it on the counter that hosts a bunch of animal shampoos and conditioners. "And you are?"

     "Oh, I'm Baekhyun. I'm one of Yixing's friends that came to volunteer today."

     "That's great! Thank you so much, we really needed the extra hands this year." Chanyeol smiles widely at Baekhyun who's not the least but shy in saying that his heart hammered at the beautiful gesture.

     "Well, now that you are here, you can help me bathe Nemo." Chanyeol says as he disappears into another room only to come out a minute later with the cutest white and orange tabby kitten Baekhyun has ever seen. He wanders closer and puts his hand out for the little fur ball to sniff him then scratches under its chin which makes the kitten purr.

     "Hi Nemo, you're so adorable!" Baekhyun coos and glances up at Chanyeol to find the other watching him pet the cat.

     "She sure likes your pets, Baekhyun," Chanyeol chuckles when he tries to walk over to the counter only for the kitten to stick its head around his arm to look back at Baekhyun. Seeing this, Baekhyun trots over to the counter so the kitten wouldn't be distracted while she gets her bath. But surprisingly, when she sees the tub, she meows loudly and wiggles in the other's arms to try and jump in the tub herself.

     "Nemo, hold on! I'll put you in the tub myself before you make a big splash that I'll have to clean up later!" Chanyeol scolds the kitten as he lowers her to the water. Baekhyun giggles as he watches her swinging her feet excitedly as she gets closer. Once in the water, the kitten wiggles happily, pawing at the clear liquid.

     "She sure likes water, huh?" Baekhyun says, observing the cat lying down and rolling around.

     "Oh definitely, she's in love with it! That's why I have to bathe her now before she sees all the water at the car wash and tries to mess around! It's also why we named her Nemo, that and her colours." Chanyeol explains as he gathers water in a cup and pours it on the kitten's body. Baekhyun reaches for the shampoo and squirts some in Chanyeol's hand when the other asks him to and watches as he rubs it into her fur.

     "Are all the other cats like this too?" He asks, taking over the washing while Chanyeol goes to retrieve blankets and a blow dryer. Nemo seems to like his gentle touches very much because she's snuggling into his hand and purring again when Baekhyun washes her face carefully.

     "Gods don't I wish, she's the only cat that's this fond of water, I'm sure of it. The others don't mind the occasional bath once in a while but they don't go running to douse themselves in it like she does when we fill up their water bowls."

     "Oh my gosh, Nemo is this true! Naughty girl!" Baekhyun coos, taking the blanket from Chanyeol and wrapping the content little kitty in it once her fur is clean. They pat her down and then gently dry her with the blow dryer until she's good and ready and climbing on Baekhyun's shoulders to rub her head into his cheeks and neck.

     "You know, she really seems to like you." Chanyeol says, watching with a smile as the very cute scene unfolds in front of him.

     "I knoooow! She's like the second most adorable creature here," Baskhyun answers and chuckles seeing a blush over take Chanyeol's features. "So what else do we need to do?"

     "Um... w-we'll need to brush the dogs. We allow them to roam where the cars are getting washed because we know they all love the water but we don't want their fur to get tangled." Chanyeol answers as his cheeks slowly fade back to their original colour.

     "Great! Let's go!"

     After the last dog has been groomed, Chanyeol excuses himself and pulls out his phone, texting Joonmyun that the job is done. Less than two minutes later, the manager comes through the door with Minseok, Yixing and a handful of the other volunteers the boys had seen decorating outside. He makes his way over to a locker and opens it to bring out a container filled with leashes.

     "Alright, guys! Grab some leashes and some pals and we'll take them to the fenced in area we just set up. After the pooches are in we'll bring out the cats and then the other small animals."

     "Yessir!" The volunteers cheer and all pick up a few leashes. Baekhyun attaches the ones he has to a sand and white coloured Basenji, a feisty little Pomeranian and a Cursinu with a brindle coat. Minseok joins him with his dogs, a snow white Samoyed and a grey Pitbull puppy. Before they head out, Baekhyun looks around for Chanyeol and sees him chatting with a volunteer with silver hair and pretty doe eyes. Chanyeol catches his eye and smiles and waves which Baekhyun reciprocates, not knowing Minseok's watching him with a sly grin. As they take the dogs outside, Minseok's grin doesn't let up and Baekhyun groans, turning to him.

     "Okay what?"

     "Nothing..."

     "Minseok!"

     "I'm kidding," he finally gives, "I noticed you waving at that hottie with the red hair. He's Chanyeol right? The one Joonmyun sent you to help?"

     "Yes, and? Get to the point you doof." Baekhyun grumbles.

     "Looks like someone's got a cruuuush! I don't blame you, he's a talk drink of sinful, sinful water on this scorching day~"

     "God, you are so embarrassing. Remind me to never like a guy around you ever again." Baekhyun's voice may sound annoyed but he can't help the smile flittering at the corner of his mouth. "He is pretty cute and so great with animals, though. And... maybe I am a little parched."

     "Sinful, sinful talk drink of water~" Minseok echoes his previous jeer, turning back to look at the door where the two of them just came out. He can't see Chanyeol anymore thought,the other guy is still there and coming out with a small pup in his arms. Minseok gasps when they lock eyes and the guy winks at him. "Holy !" He cries as he turns back to his friend with reddening cheeks. "That guy totally winked at me!"

     "Well maybe you've found your tall sinful glass of water now too, huh? Or should I say cool beautiful refreshing iced coffee on this sizzling y day?" Baekhyun smirks.

     "Oh my Gods, is that how I sound?"

     "Yes, yes it is."

     When all the animals are out of the shelter and in their respective little areas, Joonmyun officially opens the car wash and asks everyone to get ready. Not too long after, cars start showing up and one half of the group starts to wash them while the other half oversees the car owners and the pals and any adoptions that might happen. Baekhyun, Minseok, and Yixing are in the carwash group while Joonmyun and Chanyeol are in the other group. That handsome silver haired boy is also washing cars with them and they learn his name is Luhan and that he's extremely flirty with the way he's been chatting up Minseok. Yixing and Baekhyun have a hard time focusing on their job, trying not to giggle as they watch their former confident friend sputter talking to him.

     "Baek, isn't that the cutest little kitty you've ever seen?" Yixing tells him as he's hosing down the hood of a Mazda 3. Baekhyun turns to see Nemo perched on crouched Chanyeol's shoulder and basking in the pets and chin rubs he's getting from a set of seven year old triplets. 

     "Yes! Her name is Nemo and she's the most adorable fluff ball!" Baekhyun agrees, still watching. The mother of the children asks Chanyeol something but the man shakes his head, telling them something that causes them to sulk and walk away. Baekhyun observes as Joonmyun comes over and converses with him, a confused look on his face that turns understanding after Chnayeol explains something to him. They both then glance over at Baekhyun and Yixing, waving when they see that the boys were already staring at them.

     "I wonder what that was about," Yixing muses, finishing up the car; Baekhyun shrugs in response.

     Hours and countless cars later, they're finally done with the last car, or so they thought. A white Mercedes-Benz GLC43 glides into the car wash area and out comes Joonmyun from the driver's side, smiling brightly.

     "Thank you everyone for your help today! I know we were supposed to be done but I'd really appreciate it if you can help me with my own car!" He chuckles and everyone playfully rolls their eyes at him but regardlessly gets started. This time, Chanyeol comes over to help, Nemo now off his shoulders and playing with her fellow cat friends.

     "I knew Joon would take advantage of this and get his car washed. That idiot is lucky he's our boss or I would have dumped a whole bucket of water onto him." The tall redhead snickers, grabbing a sponge from Minseok's soapy bucket and starting on the passenger door.

     "Hey, who said we still can't?" Yixing smirks, grabbing the bucket and sneakily making his way over to his boyfriend. Everyone watches with mirth as he strides to the unsuspecting man, tapping him on his shoulders. When Joonmyun turns, Yixing dumps all the water onto him and runs away. Joonmyun stands there in shock, completely drenched while the other volunteers burst out in boisterous laughter.

     "Oh it's funny, huh?! My turn!" Joonmyun hollers and runs over, grabbing the hose and unleashing watery hell upon everyone, who scream in more laughter as they're getting sprayed. Now, it was an all out war! Even the pets were getting into it, barking and meowing and making other noises as if cheering on the good fun. Baekhyun, Minseok and Yixing team up against the rest, throwing wet sponges and surprising others with a bucket of water on their heads. Luhan suddenly grabs Minseok's arm and yanks him over to where he's hiding by Joonmyun's car's bumper and sprays him with the hose, getting the man good and making him laugh in delight. Joonmyun captures Yixing from the back and another volunteer dumps a bucket over both their heads but they're giggling too much to mind. Baekhyun fears someone will come for him next and tries to flee only to bump into a broad chest. Looking up, he sees Chanyeol grinning at him then feels a wet, soapy sponge smacked onto his head and dripping down his hair. He laughs, wiping his face and punches Chanyeol in the arm, who's chuckling at him.

     When the fun and games dies down, Baekhyun finds himself sitting in the grass with Chanyeol, playing with Nemo as the late afternoon sun dries them off. Nemo is playing with Baekhyun's fingers, pawing at them and capturing them in her grip while she gently nips the tips.

     "I can't believe no one adopted her. Who wouldn't want this sweet pile of orange fluff?" Nemo lets out a loud meow at the words and Baekhyun giggles. "Right! You're too adorable not to get adopted!"

     "Um, I actually have something to confess," Chanyeol discloses and Baekhyun looks up at him confused. The tall man sighs and reaches over to scratch the little kitty's ears which make her very happy. "A ton of people wanted to adopt Nemo, especially that family with the triplets. But I told them she was already taken."

     "Why would you do that if it wasn't true?" Baekhyun questions, his face puzzled. Chanyeol sighs louder this time.

     "Because I wanted you to adopt her."

     "Me! But why? Those kids would have been good company for her, not me."

     "But Baekhyun, you're the best for her!" Chanyeol insists and takes the smaller man's free hand in his, both of their cheeks colouring at the action. "The way she quickly bonded with you was incredible and I know she already really likes you. You're a great match." Baekhyun looks down at the small kitten in his lap and smiles, Nemo had fallen asleep snuggled into his thigh.

     "I don't even have my information here, or money for the adoption fee!" He finally says, giving in. How could he resist the cute kitten in his lap or the even cuter boy with the soft, gentle eyes watching him with a growing smile.

     "That's fine! I can bring Nemo over to your place tomorrow morning and we can go through the process together. I can also bring snacks and coffee..." Chanyeol trails off when he realizes his words and the piqued look Baekhyun is giving him. "Um! Y-You know... if you want to, t-that is. I mean I d-don't have to brings snacks, this can totally be professional or... not..." His cheeks are now as red as his hair but his embarrassment is short lived when he feels Baekhyun squeeze his hand and sees him nod.

     "Definitely. It's a date."

 

 

 


A/N Maaaan it's been a while that I've written BaekYeol and oh how a fool I have been! I forgot how much I ship them *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for reading! Comment; subs if you haven't and throw in an upvote while you're at it! ;)

Until the next drabble, Lovelies~

 

소니아 (\_/)