Bike Date [SuLay]

Drabble Babble

 

"Joonie, I've been asking you where you're taking me for the last half an hour, you doof! And you also haven't told me why you've brought a backpack. Where are we going that is so important that you dragged me out of bed at 8AM! Answer meee!"

     "Patience, love! You'll see soon enough." Joonmyun tells his whiny boyfriend as he continues to drag the reluctant man along with him. Yixing pouts and probably sensing this, Joonmyun halts his steps and turns around to face the sulking Yixing. "If I tell you what's happening, it won't be a surprise, Xingie. Just a little further and you'll see, okay?" Helpless to the sincerity in the other's voice and expression, Yixing sighs and motions for Joonmyun to start walking again, which puts a bright smile on the other's face.

     They're walking hand in hand for about ten more minutes when Joonmyun suddenly places his free hand on Yixing's eyes. Knowing Joonmyun wants him to be completely surprised, Yixing lets himself be dragged blind for a few more steps until they stop. A moment goes by before Joonmyun removes his hand, a gleeful 'tadah!' singing in the air as he gauges Yixing's reaction.

     "Oh wow, this is uh, Damyang Dam right? I've never been here before! Is this the surprise, Joonie?" Yixing asks with awe and he glances around at their serene location.

     "Not quite, love," Joonmyun answers as he points behind Yixing, "that's the surprise." Turning around to see what his boyfriend is referring to, Yixing is met with the sight of a grand bike shop b with life. His jaw slackens, realizing the gravity of the situation he put himself into from a week ago.

     "Oh crap," he whispers, barely audible to the man next to him.

     "It's a bike rental shop!" Joonmyun exclaims with a wide smile. "Remember we were talking about things to do on our break last week and I suggested a bike trip and you said sure? Well, come on!" He begins to lead Yixing towards the store entrance but Yixing plants his feet firmly in the ground and shakes his head when Joonmyun turns to look back at him in confusion.

     "Baby? Is something wrong?"

     "Well... uh it's j-just..." Yixing stammers, trying to figure out the right words to say that won't get himself made fun of. But... he should know Joonmyun wouldn't laugh at him. Taking a deep breath in, Yixing faces his boyfriend and tells him why he doesn't want to go in the store.

     "Joonmyun, I can't ride a bike."

     .

     . 

     .

     "Oh, Yixing..."

     "I'm so sorry! I know you probably started planning right away after I said that a bike trip would be fun and it's because you looked so cute and happy when you were mentioning it that I didn't want to burst your bubble by telling you I couldn't ride a bike. I feel so bad that I let your hopes get up and now we'll have to go back ho—" Yixing's ranting is cut off when he feels a light kiss being placed on his lips and he sees Joonmyun pull back with a reassuring smile on his face.

     "It's okay, Yixing. We don't have to scrap the whole idea yet, let's just go inside and see what they have, okay? I'm pretty sure that they have more than just regular bikes." Yixing smiles back and nods and the two of them enter the store, looking around for something that they both could use to go on this little trip of theirs. After fifteen minutes of fruitless searching, Joonmyun finally stumbles upon the perfect bike. Happy, he calls over Yixing to show him what he's found.

     "Look, love! This bike has an extra long comfy seat so you can sit at the back and put your feet on the rest sticking out of the wheel and I can pedal! Also, it's a pretty thick frame so balancing won't be a problem and the wheels are tough too. Isn't it great!"

     "Oh, but are you sure you'll be able to pedal us both? It could take a long time and I don't want you to get too exhausted, Joonie." Yixing worries, nibbling on his lower lip as he glances again at the bike. It did seem like the best option they had and he would really hate for them to have to go back home.

     "Oh come off it, Xing, you know I'm stronger and more athletic than I look! Plus, we have plenty of time so I can take many breaks." Joonmyun assures him and calls over a worker to place the rental fee for the bike. Once the paperwork is done, they take the bike and helmets out of the store and pick a map off the information board.

     "Okay so this is the Yeongsangang River trail and it's supposed to be roughly 10 hours so we'll find a place to stay along the way. We'll get to pass so many beautiful sites though, Yixing!" Joonmyun cheers as he straps on his helmet and takes a seat on the pedal side. "You'll be my navigator, okay love? Come, hop on and let's be off!" He says, patting the cushiony part behind him for his boyfriend. Yixing eyes the bike again, uncertainty in his expression.

     "Are you sure I won't be too heavy, Joonmyun?" He asks, gently seating himself and placing his feet on the motionless pedals made for him. Joonmyun snorts and turns halfway, sporting a teasing smirk.

     "You aren't too heavy when we're in other positions, baby, so what makes you think you'll be too heavy for this one?"

     "Shut up, you dirty bastard!" Yixing gasps and hits the back of his boyfriend's head, cheeks turning a light shade of pink from his words. "Just hurry up and start pedalling before I change my mind and leave you here."

     "Yes, sir!" And with that, Joonmyun's legs start moving and they're off, along with the other bikers taking advantage of the early April season.

     Their ride is peaceful, with both men taking in the beautiful natural sights and waving to other bikers or locals. About an hour in, they reach the famed Metasequoia-lined road and both men's eyes widen seeing the gorgeous and massive trees.

     "Ooh Joonie I think Summer Scent was filmed here! I also recognize this place from many movies and commercials!"

     "Yeah, it's very popular for it's beauty! Why don't we stop and take a picture, love? That way we'll have a nice memory." Joonmyun says as he stops and leans the bike against a tree once they come off it. They take solo shots of themselves first and then a few together, doing silly or cute poses. Once they've also had a drink and snack, they're back on the road.

     Not long after, they pass Damyang's Bamboo Forest but decline to stop because there's a lot of people around so Yixing just opts to take a few photos of what they can see from the bike trail. The next time they do stop is when Joonmyun notices a quaint little market in a small village and the two of them browse the area, chatting up the locals and gaining cute stories and such from the elders who are more than happy to indulge. They leave an hour later after having lunch, feeling content with their experience and make mental notes to remember the name of the town so they can definitely visit another time.

     Now, they're about halfway through their journey and pass the Naju Image Theme Park, laughing as they remember the Korean dramas set in ancient times that were filmed there and pretend to act out some parts from them. Their bike journey halts again when they come across the beautiful Hoesan White Lotus Pond, housing hundreds of lotuses that are not in bloom yet due to it only being April. Nevertheless, just seeing the masses of them were mesmerizing enough and both Joonmyun and Yixing take quite a few photos to savour the memory.

     "This is so nice, I bet it'd be even nicer when they've opened!" Yixing sighs as Joonmyun holds him close while their eyes are trained onto the pond of lotuses.

     "We can always come back in the summer to see them? Maybe I can teach you to ride a bike before then." Joonmyun teases, whispering the last part into Yixing's ear.

     "Woah there, let's get through this bike trip first before we even think about any more." Yixing answers and pecks his boyfriend's lips sweetly before they walk back to the bike.

     "Sure, Yixing. We've got about 2 hours and a half left until we make it to the end and we can find a place to stay the night around Mokpo." Joonmyun remarks as he gets on the bike with Yixing behind him, hands woven around his waist. "But you'll definitely let me teach you to ride, right love? It'll be fun!" Yixing rolls his eyes but a fond smile breaks out on his face as he rests his chin on Joonmyun's shoulder.

     "Sure, Joonmyun. I'd love another bike date with you." 

 

 

 

 


A/N Hghhhgnnghh I ing love sulaayyy

Remember, you can send me prompts or ideas if you want

Thanks for reading! Comment; subs if you haven't and throw in an upvote while you're at it! ;)

Until the next drabble, Lovelies~

 

소니아 (\_/)