Mystery Girl at the Wedding Day

Unexpectedly Yours

It was Chun and Ella's wedding day. All of Chun's relatives are already at the venue. Dylan and his friends sat on their table, all of them wearing tuxedos. "I can't wait to see Uncle Chun's wife!", Wayne gushed as they drink. 

 

 

"Hey, don't steal her from Dylan's dad.", Wes joked. "Hey, I'm not into older ladies!", Wayne defended. They laughed at him. "I can't wait to meet Ella jie's family.", Dylan said. "Why?", Sam asked. "Since I was young, it was only me and Dad. I always wonder what it feels like to have a big family.", Dylan said sadly. 

 

 

Chun walked over to them. "Are you guys enjoying the day?", he asked. Wes, Wayne, Brent and Sam stood up and bowed, "Hello, Uncle Chun. Congratulations on your wedding.", they all said at the same time. Chun smiled at them, "Thank you, and Dylan. I want you to meet Ella's older sister and her niece.", he said to him. Dylan nodded his head, "Just call me", he said to him. Chun nodded his head and went back to his wife.

 

 

"Is that Uncle Chun's wife? She's pretty.", Sam said as he looked at Ella. "Yeah, and please don't stare at her. Dad will kill you if he sees you staring at his wife.", Dylan joked. 

 

 

On the other side of the venue, Pauline and Sunnee just arrived. Sunnee is wearing a white dress that stops below her knees with white flat shoes. She also had a sunflower hairclip on her hair, that was styled in a feminine way.

 

 

"Aiyo, where's this aunt of yours?", Pauline said as she looked for Ella. She held Sunnee's hand as they walked. "I can't wait to meet her.", Sunnee said. Finally, Pauline found Ella who was talking to her husband. 

 

 

"Ellie!", Pauline said as she run to her sister. Ella turned around and smiled when she saw her sister. "Jie! You're here.", she said and hugged her. She then faced Chun, "Chun, this is my older sister, Pauline. Jie, this is Wu Chun, my husband.", she introduced them.

 

 

Sunnee joined them. Ella was surprised to see her, "Is this my niece?", she asked Pauline. Pauline nodded her head, "Sunnee, this is Ella Chen - Wu, Ella this is Sunnee Yang.", Pauline introduced them. Sunnee smiled at Ella, "It's nice to meet you, Aunt Ella.", she greeted. 

 

 

"Aiyo, don't call me aunt, I sound old! Just call me Ella jie.", Ella said. Sunnee just nodded her head. "Ah! Chun, bring your son here.", Ella said. "Oh right, I'm going to introduce him.", Chun said as he went to his son.

 

 

Ella looked at Sunnee, Pauline noticed this. "Aiyo, why are you staring at my daughter like that?", she asked. "She reminds me of myself when I was in high school.", Ella said. Sunnee gave her a confused look. "I also had a short hair like you, except that I'm not blonde haired.", Ella said.

 

 

"My son's here!", Chun called as he dragged Dylan over to them. They all turned around to see them. Sunnee and Dylan was surprised to see each other. "Kewalin?", Dylan asked in surprise. "Dylan?", Sunnee asked.

 

 

Chun gave them a look, "You two know each other?", he asked. Dylan looked at him then back at Sunnee, "Uh... we're classmates.", he said. Chun then smiled at Pauline and Ella, "This is my son, Dylan Xiong Zi Qi.", he said, Dylan bowed at them. 

 

 

"Uh... This is my daughter, Sunnee Yang Yun Qing.", Pauline said then looked at Sunnee sternly. "Is he your boyfriend?", she asked her. Sunnee's eyes widened, "No! I don't have a boyfriend.", she exclaimed. Pauline then eyes Chun, "Does he likes music?", she asked.

 

 

Ella made a sign to Chun to answer no. Chun shooked his head, "Good, I don't like boys who likes music.", Pauline said. Sunnee sighed, "Here she goes again...", she said in her thoughts.

 

 

"May I ask what's wrong with boys liking music?", Dylan asked. Ella and Sunnee's eyes widened. "Uh, I don't think this is something you should know...", Chun said nervously. Ella sighed and looked at her older sister, "She doesn't like like guys who likes music because it reminds her of her ex-husband.", she said.

 

 

"Ella jie!", Sunnee exclaimed. "Dylan must know this because we are a family now.", Ella said. "Jack, my sister's ex-husband, loves music to bits that he doesn't have time for her. So they got divorced when Sunnee was still a child. And as a result, she doesn't want Sunnee's future boyfriend to be involve in music.", Ella explained.

 

 

"So does that means that Sunnee wasn't allowed to sing or play instruments?", Chun asked. Ella nodded her head, she doesn't fully know Sunnee but she know what her sister will do. 

 

 

Dylan looked at Sunnee to see that she has a look of guilt on her face. Somehow, he knew why she is like that. "She sings and knows how to play guitar, it must've been hard for her to live like that.", he said in his thoughts.

 

 

"I'm going to the restroom.", Sunnee said as she walked away. She wasn't feeling comfortable with them, especially when her mom is hating on musics. She sighed and looked at the mirror, she then noticed her hairclip will fall down in any moment so she fixed it.

 

 

After a while Sunnee came back and joined her mom on their table, where Ella and Chun was there too. Sunnee was surprise that Dylan wasn't on the same table. "My son is with his friends at the moment.", Chun explained to them. They ate their food in silence.

 

 

---

 

 

Dylan just finished telling them a incident earlier. Wes, Wayne, Sam and Brent was shocked. "But Sunnee has a beautiful voice!", Wes said in disbelief. "I guess she hid her guitar and her talent in singing and composing so that her mom wouldn't be mad at her.", Wayne said.

 

 

"But the world is really small. Who knew that Ella jie and Sunnee are relatives. This means that you two will see each other all the time!", Sam teased. Dylan ignored Sam and looked at Chun's table.

 

 

Dylan noticed something familiar. He squinted his eyes to see it clearer. To his surprise, he found that little sunflower hairclip again. He won't forget what it looks like because he made it. And seeing that hairclip again means that the little girl from his childhood is here.

 

 

Dylan looked closely to see who was the owner of the hairclip. But he couldn't see her face because someone is blocking his view. After a few tries, he finally saw her. His first love, but he was surprised to see who was the owner of the hairclip. "The little girl is her?", he said in surprise.