Electric Shock

Unexpectedly Yours

11 years ago...

 

 

"You're leaving?", Dylan asked as he looked at the little girl sadly. "Mm, my family and I are going back to our homeplace.", she said sadly. Dylan looked at her, as he held the sunflower hairclip that he personally made for her. 

 

 

"But I'm glad that I get to meet you. I hope I'll see you again once we come back.", she said. "When are you coming back?", Dylan asked her. "I don't know. But... Make sure you do your promise okay?", she said to him with a smile. Dylan smiled back at her, "Of course I will.", he said.

 

 

"I'm going to miss you Xiao Huan Xiong, though I don't know what that means.", the little girl said. "I'll miss you too, Sunflower.", he said. Dylan watched her as she leaves. 

 

 

He then found himself running up to her, "Wait!", he called. The little girl looked back at him with a sad smile. "I want to give you something.", Dylan said as he placed the hairclip on her hand. The little girl looked at it, "A sunflower hairclip? This is pretty!", she said happily. "Please don't loose it.", Dylan pleaded her. She shooked her head, "I won't, goodbye Xiao Huan Xiong!", she said.

 

 

Dylan looked at her for the last time and smiled sadly. He then went back to his uncle's house.

 

 

---

 

 

Present time.

 

 

A month passed and it was the day when the class will perform the songs that they composed. After almost everyone performed their songs, it was Dylan and Sunnee's turn to perform. 

 

 

Dylan could see the nervousness on Sunnee's face. He know it because she never sang in front of anyone except to her friends. He patted her on her shoulder, giving her reassurance. Sunnee took a deep breathe and took her guitar, they got into their positions. "This song is called Electric Shock. I hope you guys enjoyed this.", Sunnee said, then she strummed her guitar as they started.

 

 

"The wind walks in front of us

It swings the skirt in circles

The flowers stay excitingly beautiful

The scent is a bit sinister

 

You are next to the person next to me

But our shadows are touching shoulders

Carefully I peek at you to see if there is a sign of a smile on your lips

 

It was yesterday's matter

How come I'm still experiencing it today

Even the tiniest memory turns my world upside down

I want to ask a stupid question

If we keep going like this, where do you think we'll arrive

 

However, please don't reveal this silence love talks

Let me worry a bit longer

Then finally I'll get my answers

A love that is too easy, is not worth remembering

Like this electric shock is enough to make me melt away happily

 

Let us be patient growing the seeds and not to try hurry it to flower

We have a very long diary

We'll fill it up anyway

Before the whole world will discover it let us live happily and put on a silly face

Just be shocked like this and always be sweetly in shock until it explodes

 

It's like all the four seasons have all changed to summer because of you

That's why when I'm in front of you, I always have a red face

 

It's like a million swings is rebelling in my heart

When my fingers touch your fingers

I suddenly swing to the end of the sky

 

It was yesterday's matter

How come I'm still experiencing it today

Even the tiniest memory turns my world upside down

I want to ask a stupid question

If we keep going like this, where do you think we'll arrive

 

However, please don't reveal this silence love talks

Let me worry a bit longer

Then finally I'll get my answers

A love that is too easy, is not worth remembering

Like this electric shock is enough to make me melt away happily

 

Let us be patient growing the seeds and not to try hurry it to flower

We have a very long diary

We'll fill it up anyway

Before the whole world will discover it let us live happily and put on a silly face

Just be shocked like this and always be sweetly in shock until it explodes

 

However, please don't reveal this silence love talks

Let me worry a bit longer

Then finally I'll get my answers

A love that is too easy, is not worth remembering

Like this electric shock is enough to make me melt away happily

 

Let us be patient growing the seeds and not to try hurry it to flower

We have a very long diary

We'll fill it up anyway

Before the whole world will discover it let us live happily and put on a silly face

Just be shocked like this and always be sweetly in shock until it explodes."

 

 

As they finished performing, everyone was in shock of how their voices sound like. They all clapped and cheered. "I'm shipping our campus bad boy and our campus sunny girl!", Wes shouted at the back making everyone cheer louder. Dylan send daggers at Wes when he heard that while Sunnee shooked it off.

 

 

"That was a great performance! The lyrics are good too!", their teacher praised them. "Thank you.", Sunnee said shyly then she and Dylan went to their seats. Sunnee sighed in relief. "Thank God this is over.", she said in her thoughts.

 

 

After their Music class, it was their free time once again. The girls decided to celebrate since their project is over and is a success. The girls went to the cafeteria and bought their favorite snacks. 

 

 

"Cheers!", they shouted then they drank their apple juice. "I'm glad this project thing is over!", Lucia exclaimed as she ate her snacks. "You're only saying that because you're too overwhelmed by Wayne.", Echo . "Ha! Says the one who can't even face Wes properly!", Lucia shot back. 

 

 

"Guys, stop this. We should be happy and celebrating.", Cosmos said. "Says the one who is in good terms with Sam Lin.", Eunice said, giving her a teasing look. "What about you and Brent? He seems to flirt with you a lot.", Cosmos shots back.

 

 

"Hey! At least I don't have any feelings for him!", Eunice shouted at her. Then, they all looked at Sunnee who was happily eating all of her favorite snacks. Sunnee felt eyes on her, she looked to see her friends giving her a look. "What?", she asked in surprise.

 

 

"What does it feel working with our campus bad boy?", Cosmos asked her. "I heard that you guys are friends.", Lucia said, emphasizing the last word. Sunnee made an annoyed look at them, "So what if we're friends? And to clear up all your suspicions, no, we don't have any special feelings to each other.", she said to them.

 

 

"Who doesn't have any special feelings to who?", a voice asked from behind them. The girls turned to see the five heartthrobs standing before them. "H-hey! What are you guys doing here?", Eunice asked in surprise. "We were looking for you guys so we can celebrate too.", Brent said.

 

 

"How long have you guys have been standing there?", Lucia asked nervously. "Just now, why?", Wayne said. "Oh! It's nothing.", Cosmos said as she let out a nervous laugh.

 

 

Sunnee rolled her eyes and continued eating her snacks. She was about to grab her last snack when someone took it. She was surprised to see Dylan eating it. "Hey, that's mine!", she shouted at him.

 

 

"You stil have a lot of foods, so this is mine now.", Dylan said to her. "But...", she said but he already ate half the content of her food. She could only pout as she watched him ate her food. The others couldn't help but laugh at her reaction.