Summer ‘03

Glow

Taehyung sighed as he fed the chickens. He was bored and tired of being in the sun. "How much more food do they need, Grandma?" "That should be good, besides, you have a visitor." Taehyung smiled brightly and followed his grandma inside. 

 

He ran into the living room, his smile widened. "Noona!" Yoonji giggled and hugged Taehyung. "Wow! You've gotten so big since the last time I saw you!" Taehyung smiled and looked up at her. "I'm almost as tall as you, Noona!" Yoonji chuckled and sat Taehyung down on the couch. "I brought you something, a late birthday present! I know I could of mailed some of it, but I wanted to hand-deliver it in person.” 

 

Taehyung smiled at his best friend as he waited patiently for her. "Close your eyes silly!" Taehyung chuckled and closed his eyes. "Hold your hands out! Now, I'm gonna put something on you, Taehyungie, but don't open your eyes until I say so!" Taehyung chuckled. "Okay, noona!" 

 

Yoonji walked over to the front door and motioned for her brother's and Seokjin to come inside. She placed something around his neck as their brothers walked in. Yoonji took the gift from Junki and gently placed it in Taehyung's hands. Taehyung instantly opened his eyes and looked down. "Noona! You- I-" 

 

Taehyung began to cry a bit. The little puppy that had been placed in his hands tried it's hardest to Taehyung's face. Yoonji smiled and sat next to her best friend. "Thank you!" Taehyung said as he tackled Yoonji in a hug. Yoonji giggled and hugged Taehyung back. She laughed as the tiny puppy barked a bit and attacked the both of them. 

 

Taehyung picked up the puppy and rubbed his nose against the puppy's. Yoonji smiled and thanked their brothers. "So, what are you going to name him, Taehyungie?" Yoonji asked as she fixed her hair. Taehyung looked at the puppy and smiled brightly. "Yeotan." Yoonji smiled and petted Yeotan. "I love it! And he's definitely going to love having you as his daddy." 

 

Namjoon and Seokjin chuckled. "So, Yoonji, does that make you his mother?" Namjoon asked, causing Seokjin to laugh. Yoonji glared at them. "No! I'm the fun aunt!" Taehyung scrunched his nose up. "You're not my sister, noona. I would never want that." Yoonji pouted. "Why not?! I am a great sister!" 

 

Taehyung was about to explain, but Namjoon and Seokjin laughed and interrupted him. "Yoonji, he wants you to be Yeotan's mommy! Oooo Taehyung and Yoonji sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S I-N-G! First comes-" Yoonji groaned and pushed Namjoon before she stormed out. 

 

Junki lightly smacked Namjoon upside his head. Taehyung pouted and furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at the older boys. "What's wrong with my noona?" Junki sighed and sat next to Taehyung. "She's... she's changing." Taehyung nodded. "Okay, I'll wait here for her then!" 

 

Junki chuckled and shook his head. "No, Tae.... I mean... well... She has started her transition... she takes medicine to help her body look and work like a girls should, most girls don't need help, but Yoonji does-" "Because she has a and shes not suppose to." Junki opened his mouth to speak, but closed it. "Um, yeah actually... wait, you knew? since when?" 

 

Taehyung played with Yeotan's ears. "Since I was four." Taehyung shrugged. "I think Noona is pretty with or without a ." Namjoon and Seokjin laughed and were about to tease the younger, but Junki scared them off. "How about you go check on her, Tae... I'll take you two into town to get you guys some ice cream." Taehyung smiled and held onto Yeotan as he and Junki walked over to the Min's. 

 

 

"Noona...its me... just me." Taehyung said. "Oh and well, Tannie too." Yoonji slowly opened her door and wiped her tears away. "I'm sorry, Taehyungie..." Taehyung smiled and walked inside of her room. "It's okay, Noona." Taehyung set Yeotan down on the ground and embraced Yoonji tightly. Yoonji smiled and hugged Taehyung back. "Junki-hyung said he'd take us into town and get us ice cream." 

 

Yoonji nodded and grabbed Yeotan. "Well, do you like your present?" Yoonji asked Taehyung as they walked downstairs. Taehyung smiled and nodded. "I love him, thank you, noona. Now, I don't think I'll be as lonely." Yoonji furrowed her eyebrows as she set Yeotan down. "What do you mean? Don't you have Seokjin-oppa?" 

 

Taehyung smiled and looked down at the necklace Yoonji had given him. "No, he only comes and sees me during the summer, my mother too." Yoonji pouted. "Do you have any friends at school?" Taehyung sighed. "No... they all think I'm weird." Yoonji leaned over and kissed Taehyung on the cheek. "You are weird. But you're my kind of weird. I love being your friend and those jerks at school don't know who they're missing out on!" 

 

Taehyung blushed, then smiled as he watched Yoonji take the puppy into the kitchen. Junki walked in from the front door and smiled at Taehyung. "Is she okay?" Junki asked the younger. Taehyung nodded and pointed towards the kitchen. "She's in there with your mother." Junki smiled and ruffled Taehyung's hair before he walked into the kitchen. 

 

Yoonji walked back in and ran her fingers through her hair. Taehyung blinked a couple times, it felt like Yoonji was in slow motion. She smiled at him. "Taehyungie, what flavor are you gonna get?" Taehyung continued to stare. 

 

Yoonji waved her hand in front of him. "Taehyungie?" "Pineapple." Yoonji stared at him for a moment before she began to laugh. "You're a dork." Yoonji said as she rolled her eyes and walked back into the kitchen. 

 

Namjoon and Seokjin had heard everything from the front door. Taehyung pouted and scratched his head. "Why did I say pineapple..." Namjoon and Seokjin sat on either side of him. "Man, hyung.... your brother has got it bad." 

 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and looked between the two older boys. "Got what bad?" Taehyung asked. Seokjin clicked his tongue and shook his head. "Sure does, Joonie." Taehyung groaned. "Tell me!" Namjoon chuckled and patted Taehyung on the back. "You got the hots for my sister, dude." Taehyung frowned. "Hots?" 

 

Seokjin chuckled. "Joonie, I don't think he understands." Yoonji walked back in, her hair was pulled up into a ponytail. Junki walked in after her. Taehyung bushed and smiled as Yoonji walked over to him. "Ready, Taehyu-" "You look really pretty with your hair up, Noona." Taehyung blurted out. 

 

Namjoon and Seokjin started laughing, causing Yoonji to blush and start to get mad. "Ugh! You two are SO annoying!" Junki lightly smacked Namjoon upside the head. Yoonji stormed out of the house with Junki in tow. Taehyung got off the couch and looked at his hyungs. 

 

"Hyungs...?" Namjoon and Seokjin looked at Taehyung. "Umm... I think...I think I might like-like my noona..." Namjoon and Seokjin both rolled their eyes. "No !" Namjoon said. "Joonie! Language!" "Sorry mom!" Namjoon said. "What do I do?" Taehyung asked his brother. "Have you ever liked someone, hyung?" Taehyung asked. 

 

Seokjin blushed and looked over at Namjoon before looking back at his brother. He was about to answer, but Junki shouted for Taehyung. Taehyung sighed and waved to the elders before he ran outside. Namjoon looked over at Seokjin and smirked. Seokjin blushed and gently shoved Namjoon. "Shut up, Joonie. Let's go back outside."