Summer ‘10

Glow

Jimin was dreading this part of the day. He glanced over at the clock before he raised his hand and asked to use the restroom. 

 

Jimin leaned against the wall as he waited for her. "Boo!" Yoonji said as she snuck up behind Jimin, squeezing his as she did. Jimin sighed and turned around to face her. Yoonji's smile disappeared. She pouted a bit. "What's wrong oppa?"

 

Jimin chuckled a bit and shook his head."Yoonji, I know what this is about." Jimin said as he took a step closer. "I'm letting you go. I love you, Yoonji, but you're in love with him and I don't want to stand in the way." Yoonji pouted as she looked into Jimin's eyes. "I- O-Oppa-" She said as she gently gripped his biceps. Jimin smiled a small weak smile. 

 

Yoonji hugged Jimin tightly. "Oh oppa, I'm sorry! I'm sorry you thought that that was what this was about. I just wanted to see if you wanted to sneak over tonight... it's been so long since we've been alone together, oppa." Yoonji said. 

 

Jimin stared at her for a couple minutes before he smiled brightly. "It has... I'm sorry that I jumped to conclusions baby." Yoonji smiled and jumped up and wrapped her arms and legs around him. She giggled. "Silly oppa." 

 

Jimin smiled back and held her as she kissed him. "I love you, Yoonji." Jimin said after he set her down. Yoonji looked up at Jimin and smiled. Jimin pouted. "Babe... I said I love you." Yoonji blushed and laughed awkwardly. "I'm sorry, I just, I was looking into your eyes and I spaced out!" 

 

Jimin smiled and kissed her cheek. "You're adorable." Yoonji smiled. "Thanks... um I should head back to class... It shouldn't take someone this long to use the restroom. I'll call you and tell you when you should come over, okay?" Jimin nodded and waved to her as she left.

 

 Jimin was walking back to his class when he almost ran into Taehyung who was leaving his classroom with the bathroom pass. Jimin locked eyes with him as they walked past each other. Jimin stopped and scoffed. He turned back around to find Taehyung waiting. "Kim Taehyung." "Park Jimin." 

 

Jimin smirked and walked up to him. "I don't think we ever were properly introduced." Jimin said. Taehyung looked down at Jimin and smiled. "I think you're right." Jimin smiled. "I don't know what you're up to, but stay away from her." 

 

Taehyung furrowed his eyebrows. "Hyung, what are you talking about? You want me to stay away from my aunt? I mean I can try, but it'll be kind of hard since we live together and have to share a bathroom." 

 

Jimin chuckled. "You and I both know she's more than that to you. But she chose me. So, whatever plans you have for stealing her away from me need to vanish from your head." 

 

Taehyung stepped up and smiled down at the elder. "Well, hyung... I'm not really trying. I've accepted that you two are together. If you feel threaten by me at all or think I'm trying to steal her from you, I think you need to step back and look at your relationship. The way she looks at me, talks about me, says my name... are all on her, I have nothing to do with that." 

 

Jimin bit back his tongue. "If your girlfriend is in love with me and is falling more in love with me everyday, that's all her. I am not trying anything. All I am is nice to her. We're just friends." Jimin clenched his jaw and fists. 

 

Taehyung stood beside Jimin and smirked before he whispered. "Hyung... When you're in bed with her, on top of her and she's got her eyes closed... Do you ever wonder who it is she's thinking of?" 

 

Taehyung clicked his tongue. "Damn, what a shame it would be if it wasn't you. But I guess you'll never know, huh?" Taehyung said before he started to walk away.

 

 "Taehyung." Taehyung stopped walking and smirked before he turned around. He knew he had gotten to the elder. Jimin punched him in the eye. Taehyung stumbled back a bit and chuckled as he covered his eye. 

 

"Quiet the punch you got there, Park Jimin." Taehyung said through the pain. Jimin shoved him. "ing stay away from my girlfriend." Taehyung sighed before he chuckled. "Jimin-hyung, did I not just explain it to you-" 

 

"Oppa! What-" Jimin looked away from Taehyung and looked at Yoonji before he looked around the hallway.  He hadn't noticed the bell rang. Jimin watched as Yoonji inspected Taehyung's eye. Yoonji turned to Jimin. "Why did you punch him?!" 

 

Jimin glared at the younger boy. "Babe-!" Yoonji shook her head and grabbed Taehyung's hand. "I'm taking him home. I'll call you later." She said before she walked past Jimin. Jimin shoved past people to find Jungkook. 

 

 

"Noona, I'm sorry." Taehyung said as he sat down on the couch. Yoonji walked into the living room after grabbing an ice pack. "What happened Taehyung?" Taehyung shrugged and watched as Yoonji kneeled on the couch and pressed it to his eye. 

 

Taehyung hissed a bit. "Your boyfriend punched me in the eye." Yoonji rolled her eyes and sighed. She stood up and walked in between his legs and held the ice pack. "Why did he do it?" 

 

Taehyung shrugged. "Guess he's upset that I stole his title at school. He's upset that he's second best. I can't help it if I was blessed with good looks and charms." 

 

Yoonji laughed. "You sound like your brother!" Taehyung chuckled and mocked Seokjin's voice as he talked about how handsome he was. Yoonji laughed, then giggled softly. "Taehyungie....why did he really punch you?" 

 

Taehyung sighed and smiled softly. "Noona, you know... I can hold my own ice pack." Yoonji blushed and handed it to him. "Sorry..." 

 

Taehyung took it and smiled up at her. "I think maybe he punched me, because of the way you look at me." Yoonji blushed more and scoffed. "I don't- what? I don't look at you a certain way!" Taehyung chuckled. "Noona, you're doing it right now." 

 

Yoonji looked up at the ceiling and laughed nervously. "I don't know what on earth you're talking about." Taehyung stood up. "Maybe if you stopped looking at me that way, I could try and move on and Jimin wouldn't have a reason to punch me." 

 

Yoonji looked up at the younger, her heart was pounding against her chest. "I-I have no clue what you're talking about, Kim Taehyung." Yoonji whispered. 

 

Taehyung took a step closer. "You have this longing in your eyes every time you look at me, I'm sure your heart rate speeds up every time you're near me. You're definitely always blushing around me-" 

 

Yoonji chuckled. "That's-that's ridiculous. How... how would you know anyways?" "Because, noona...it's the same way I feel whenever I'm around you." Taehyung whispered before he looked into her eyes. 

 

Yoonji crimsoned as she met his eyes. She glanced down at Taehyung's lips before she took a step back and pointed towards the stairs. "I uh... I'll be in my room. I have so-so much h-homework to do." 

 

Yoonji said before she grabbed her backpack and ran upstairs to her room. Taehyung sat down on the couch with a smirk on his face before he turned the TV on. 

 

Yoonji groaned as she laid on her bed. "ing, Kim Taehyung.... Why did I chicken out from breaking up with Jimin-oppa?!" Yoonji screamed in frustration into her pillow. 

 

She lifted her head and pouted. "But I love him too...maybe...maybe just not as much?" Yoonji groaned and to her side and looked at the picture on her nightstand.

 

"I wish you were here to help me mom.... please just give me a sign or something!" Yoonji whined and pouted as her phone went off. It was a text from Taehyung saying her favorite movie was on TV and that he was sorry if he crossed a line with her. She bit down on her bottom lip as another message came in. 

 

'I'm also sorry if this crosses the line... but you really look beautiful today. Like you do everyday, noona. I just felt like you needed to hear that... or well read it since I'm texting you' Yoonji giggled. "He's such a dork..." 

 

She sighed and looked over at the picture of her mother. "You're not gonna make this easy for me are you, mom? I have to choose right now... before oppa comes over." She took a deep breath. "It's okay, Yoonji... you can do this."