Chapter Three: Friend

Damaged

   Hoseok had left hours ago. He had left immediately after getting dressed, but not without giving Hyungwon his phone number.

   “Text me sometime,” Hoseok responded to the younger’s confused expression. “I’d love to know more about you.”

   Ever since Hoseok left, Minhyuk had been staring at Hyungwon with this dumb, expectant look on his face. Hyungwon had finally gotten tired of it.

   “What do you want?” Hyungwon groaned as he was sprawled out on the couch with his friend in front of him.

   “Tell me about him,” Minhyuk answered bluntly.

   “Who?” Hyungwon knew exactly who his friend was referring to, but he hoped playing dumb would shorten the conversation. No such luck.

   “Muscles McThiccness, the guy you had over last night.”

   “Oh god, please don’t call him that,” Hyungwon seriously did not want to deal with Minhyuk’s thirstiness that early in the morning. Or at all.

   “Can you blame me? The guy is a beefcake and you know it,” Hyungwon opened his mouth to retort but Minhyuk quickly shushed him. “Don’t try to deny it. I am not going to believe you spent the night cuddling with him and you didn’t ogle him.”

   Hyungwon blushed. Minhyuk wasn’t wrong but he wasn’t about to tell him that.

   “His name is Hoseok,” Hyungwon stated. “He’s really nice and smart and he has this lisp when he talks...”

   “You’re blushing,” Minhyuk smiled. He had never seen his friend blush. It was really cute.

   “Shut up.”

   “Did you have with him?”

   Hyungwon’s eyes widened as his face turned red. “Of course not! He just brought me home because you left and I didn’t want to be here by myself!”

   Minhyuk was shocked when he saw tears on the younger’s face. He felt really guilty about leaving Hyungwon at the party by himself. He felt like a terrible friend. Minhyuk wiped the tears off Hyungwon’s cheeks.

   “I’m sorry, Hyungwon. I honestly wasn’t thinking when I left.”

   “Why did you leave?” Hyungwon already knew, he just wanted to make sure.

   Minhyuk bit his lip before answering. “I met a guy.”

   “Minhyuk...”

   “I know, I know. But this one’s different. His name is Hyunwoo and he’s really sweet and y. He even made breakfast when I woke up.”

   “Minhyuk,” Hyungwon spoke sternly. “Did you have with him?”

   Minhyuk nodded.

   “Did you use protection?”

   Minhyuk paused before answering. “No.”

   “Minhyuk, you are usually good about that. What if you get pregnant?” 

   Minhyuk didn’t like the disappointment in Hyungwon’s voice.

   “I’ll talk to him about it. IF I get pregnant. He actually gave me his phone number, which is a first.” Minhyuk held up his phone to show a new contact name. Sure enough, Hyunwoo’s name and number were visible.

   “I’m proud of you, Minhyuk. He must really like you,” Hyungwon was speaking honestly. Normally when Minhyuk hooked up with someone they would kick him out immediately after and never try to contact him. Hyungwon couldn’t remember if Minhyuk ever had a real boyfriend.

   “He wants us to go out for dinner tomorrow,” Minhyuk smiled as his cheeks flushed pink. “I’m so excited.”

   Hyungwon spaced out at the wall. Minhyuk has a date, meaning he was going to leave him alone in the apartment.

   “Hyungwon,” Minhyuk waved his hand in front of Hyungwon’s face. “Are you okay?”

   “You’re leaving again,” Hyungwon spoke in a small voice. “I’m going to be alone.”

   Hyungwon hated how weak he sounded. He knew Minhyuk wasn’t going to babysit him forever. But still, he felt comfort in knowing that he had Minhyuk to protect him from the most dangerous thing in the world: himself. Hyungwon hasn’t been left alone in the house since he was found unconscious with a plastic bag on his head. Hyungwon didn’t like how he was so mentally unstable that he needed someone by his side 24/7 just to make sure he didn’t try to kill himself.

   “You won’t be alone,” Minhyuk gave a small smile as he wiped the tears that continued to fall down the younger’s cheeks. “You can have Hoseok come over. It’ll give you guys a chance to know each other better.”

   Hyungwon sniffled. His friend was right. Hoseok did give him his number in case he needed him. He pulled out the crumpled slip of paper from the pocket of his sweatpants.

   “You’re right,” Hyungwon nodded at Minhyuk. “I’ll text him.”

   Hyungwon punched the number into his phone under the contact “Hoseok❤️“. 

Hyungwon🐸:

Hi Hoseok.

It’s Hyungwon.

Please save my number.

I was wondering if you can come over tomorrow night? 

          Hoseok❤️:

          Sure I can!

          Any particular reason?

Hyungwon🐸:

Well, Minhyuk has a date tomorrow.

I don’t want to be alone...

          Hoseok❤️:

          Alright.

          I’ll see you tomorrow then.

          :)

Hyungwon🐸:

:)

   Hyungwon felt his heart swell. Minhyuk and his foster parents were the only people he ever felt safe around. But, Hoseok made him feel safe too. He couldn’t help but blush at the memory of them cuddling and falling asleep on the couch together.

   “You’re blushing again,” Minhyuk teased, enjoying the sight of the younger’s rosy cheeks.

   “N-no I’m not,” Hyungwon tried to cover the blush with his hands, only to realize how warm his face was.

   “You like him, don’t you?” Minhyuk continued to pester, causing Hyungwon to bury his face in his hands. “Oh my gosh, you do! You have a crush on Muscles McThiccness!”

   “Don’t call him that!” Hyungwon whined. “I just met him, I highly doubt I have a crush on him. He just...” Hyungwon paused a moment to find the words. “Makes me feel safe.”

   “That’s still a big deal to me, Hyungwon,” Minhyuk put his hands on Hyungwon’s shoulders. “I know your past so I understand your trust issues. It surprised me to see you trust someone so quickly.”

   It really did. Minhyuk was very shocked to walk through the door that morning to find Hyungwon in the arms of some guy he had never seen before. 

   “Even if I did have a crush on him,” Hyungwon spoke with a shakey voice. “He wouldn’t feel the same way.”

   “How do you know?”

   “You saw him, Minhyuk!” Hyungwon whined. “He’s all muscles and clear skin and he’s really nice and obviously really smart. He’s perfect. Look at me! I’m all tall and lanky and my lips are too thick and my arms are covered in scars and I’m all... damaged.”

   Minhyuk shook his head. He couldn’t believe that Hyungwon couldn’t see the kind of beauty that he had.

   “Hyungwon, listen to me,” Minhyuk made sure he had Hyungwon’s full attention before speaking. “You are ing gorgeous and I will not hear you say otherwise. You have model-worthy legs that are so long you can take the stairs in two steps. You have lips that would make Kylie Jenner jealous. Your laugh is so goddamn cute it’s contagious. Trust me, if I didn’t see you as a younger brother I 10/10 would smash.”

   Hyungwon laughed. He didn’t fully believe Minhyuk’s words but he appreciated tha attempt to boost his confidence.

   “Thanks, Minhyuk.”

   “You’re welcome, you y beast.”

————————————————————————

   Hello~

   Third chapter is up! Woohoo!!! For one, I would like to apologize for the way the texting is written. I’m typing all stories from my phone. Also, after Hyungwon and Hoseok meet up during Minhyuk’s date, I’ll do a time skip to fast forward a couple of weeks.

   Also also, I’m sure you guys have noticed the ShowKi tag. Don’t worry, it’s coming soon! ;)

   Kisses! 😘