Don't Say Goodbye- The Alternate Ending

Tell Me Goodbye

 *SLAM*

 

The hospital doors flew open as Yuri’s gurney was quickly rushed in. Minho stuck close to her.

 

“YURI! PLEASE STAY AWAKE!”

 

Yuri’s eyes were slowly opening and closing as if she were trying to stay awake. The nurse stopped Minho.

 

“Sir, you can’t come with us into the surgery room! Your wound is beginning to grow worse! Please, follow me!”

 

Minho tried to fight off the nurse but security pushed him back against the wall.

 

“SIR!”

 

Minho began to tear up. He looked to the nurse as he was forced against the wall by the security guards.

 

“Please…just save her…she’s all I have…”

 

“I promise that the doctors will try their best to save her…”

 

The security eased back as Minho slowly calmed down. He wiped his tears.

 

“Save my Yuri…please…”

 

 

The nurse bandaged up Minho. The gunshot to his shoulder was a simple flesh wound so he had no further complications to worry about.

 

“Minho…I need you to rest in this room ok?”

 

“What about Yuri?”

 

“The doctors are still working with her. I will let you know right away when news about her is released, alright?”

 

Minho nodded and slowly sat back on the hospital bed. The nurse bowed and exited the room to accomplish her other duties around the ward. Minho took the remote and the TV. The news was already playing the events that happened earlier with his brother, Ji Hoon.

 

“Hyung…”

 

The news showed footage of a burning car on the edge of the country road. Police and firemen were all around trying to secure the area and take out the flames. The reporter stated that Ji Hoon body was pinned down underneath the car and he perished in the flames. Minho began to slowly tear up.

 

“Why…why did this all have to happen?”

 

The news further revealed details on the other bodies found throughout the town.

 

“In a mountain home…the bodies of supermodel Jessica and the trusty bodyguard of Ji Hoon…Choi Siwon…have been discovered…both dead from fatal gunshot wounds…another body was also discovered outside the Grand Hotel…the body of Seoul PD’s Detective Inspector…Lee Jin Ki…inside the hotel…Jessica’s bodyguard Ok Taecyeon…scandal hits this small town hard…are all these deaths connected? Please…stayed tuned for more…Choi Sooyoung, reporting from Ujiongbu …”

Minho turned the television off and slowly rose from the bed to look out the window. The sun was beginning to rise.

 

“God...it’s been a long night…”

 

There was a knock at the door and Minho slowly turned. It was Yuri’s mother.

 

“Ms. Kwon…”

 

“Minho…dear…are you alright?”

 

Minho quickly went over and they both hugged. Ms. Kwon spoke up.

 

“My baby…Yuri…is she ok?”

 

“She’s with the doctor right now…they working on her…all we can do now is pray…Ms.Kwon, are you okay as well?”

 

“I’m fine…I was knocked out but the police helped me…right now…I’m concerned about my only daughter…”

 

Minho nodded. He guided her to the chair.

 

“Ms. Kwon…have you seen the news?”

 

“I have…what a disaster…so many people died…”

 

Minho frowned and looked down.

 

“Was it because of your love for my daughter?”

 

Minho looked up and Ms.Kwon saw that he was crying.

 

“I’m…so ashamed and guilty for all of this…”

 

Ms.Kwon comforted Minho.

 

“Your love for my daughter is what only matters right now…we must pray for her safe return…”

 

There was a knock at the door. It was the nurse.

 

“Minho…I have news…”

 

The two looked up quickly with anticipation.

 

 

Mr. Jung quickly exited the room on his cell phone as he contacted the authorities to verify the information shown on the television. Mrs. Jung cried heavily as she embraced Krystal on the hospital bed. Krystal turned the TV off and caressed her mother. She glared at the empty TV screen.

 

“Unnie…I’ll make them pay…you’ll see…”

 

Krystal continued to caress her crying mother. She didn’t shed a single tear.

 

The nurse slowly opened the door and Minho and Ms. Kwon entered Yuri’s room. There were tubes and monitors surrounding Yuri’s body. The nurse spoke up.

 

“Yuri will be ok…”

 

Minho and Ms. Kwon fought back their tears. Minho slowly approached Yuri.

 

“Yuri…can you hear me?”

 

Yuri’s eyes were still shut but she was slowly breathing. The heart monitor revealed her pulse rate and blood pressure. She was alive yet still recovering. The doctor entered and spoke up.

 

“Kwon Yuri will be ok…she suffered a major wound that nearly ended her life…the bullet passed over heart by a mere inch…this girl is a lucky one…and…a fighter…just give her some time to rest…”

 

Minho bowed to the doctor.

 

“Doctor…I don’t know what to say…”

 

“No worries, my son…I was simply doing my job…now please…give her some room…I insist you gather some rest too…it’s been a long night…”

 

Minho nodded.

 

“Thank you…”

 

Ms. Kwon gave a tearful bow to the doctor and she and Minho exited the room.

 

“My dear daughter…thank you…my lord…thank you…”

 

Minho embraced Ms. Kwon as they returned back to the patient ward.

 

*Minho’s Dream*

 

Suddenly, Minho was standing on a foggy cliff.

 

“Where…where am I?”

 

Minho heard footsteps approaching him from behind. It was Ji Hoon. He was staring down at the ground, keeping his face from being seen.

 

“Hyung? Why? Why are you doing this?”

 

Ji Hoon stopped in front of him and slowly looked up. Minho was startled. He fell to the ground and tried his best to crawl away. Ji Hoon laughed.

 

“Where do you think you’re going?”

 

Minho crawled to the edge and turned around. Ji Hoon smiled at him. His face was all burnt up, revealing a part of skull. Ji Hoon cocked his pistol and aimed it at Minho.

 

“You thought you got away did you? You’ll never leave with her, understand? NEVER!!!”

 

*BAM*

 

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!”

 

Minho sprang up from his bed in a cold sweat. He was breathing quickly. It felt like he had just finished running a marathon. The nurse quickly entered.

 

“Minho! Are you okay? Look at me, are you okay?”

 

She looked at Minho’s eyes and wiped his sweat.

 

“Minho…I need you to lie back…”

 

“Ji Hoon…he…he tried to kill me…”

 

“Ji Hoon? Jung Ji Hoon? He can’t kill you…he’s already gone…”

 

Minho slowly turned and looked at the nurse.

 

“Gone?”

 

“You saw the news right? He died in the car accident…the car caught fire and exploded…he’s gone…”

 

Minho slowly turned away and saw the morning sun shining through window blinds.

 

“I forgot…”

 

“Here…drink some water…”

 

The nurse handed a glass of water to Minho. He slowly drank it up and eased back down.

 

“Kwon Yuri is doing okay…we’ll visit her later, alright?”

 

Minho nodded.

 

“Thank you…”

 

“You can call me ‘Tiffany’ okay?”

 

“Thank you…Tiffany…”

 

Tiffany smiled and left the room. Minho rested his head on the pillow and stared straight up at the ceiling.

 

“Whatever it takes…I’ll protect Yuri…”

 

 

Minho was walking down the hallway leading to Yuri’s room. When he arrived, he found Ms. Kwon speaking to a well-groomed man in a dark gray suit. Ms. Kwon turned to Minho and smiled.

 

“Minho, you’re up.”

 

Minho bowed to Ms. Kwon and the well-groomed man. The man spoke up.

 

“You must be, Choi Minho…”

 

“Yes, sir…could I be of any assistance?”

 

Minho saw the shine of his badge on his belt. He was a cop.

 

“Actually…you can…I’m Detective Inspector Lee Donghae…I was partners with Onew…I’m here to investigate the death of my partner…if I could just ask you a couple of questions…that would be great…”

 

Minho looked to Ms. Kwon then back to Donghae.

 

“I could do that, sir.”

 

“Thank you. Ms. Kwon, if you could excuse us.”

 

Donghae bowed to Ms. Kwon and escorted Minho to the patient waiting room where there were several chairs. They sat next to each other and Donghae pulled out a small notepad.

 

“If you don’t mind, Minho, I like to take notes…don’t worry though…there won’t be a lot of questions…”

 

“Ok, that’s fine…”

 

“Well let’s get started…I want to verify…are you related to the late Jung Ji Hoon?”

 

“Well yes…I was adopted brother though…no blood relation…”

 

“Understood…let’s see…how long were you been in contact with Kwon Yuri?”

“Excuse me?”

 

“You’re affair with her…how long was it?”

 

“Affair? No…we have been dating for just a couple weeks…there was no affair…she divorced my brother a year ago…”

 

“Ok…I don’t mean to be intrusive…I’m just trying to figure out the picture…my partner Onew was also in contact with Yuri…he was keeping surveillance over her…it was a security job provided by Ji Hoon…”

 

“Oh…I never knew…”

 

“I didn’t either until Onew was found dead out on the street…I opened his files and found all these pictures of Yuri…somehow I think that’s what led to this whole mess in this town…”

 

“Mr. Lee…all I know is that Ji Hoon wanted to take Yuri back…his envy got the best of him and he used a lot of people to take us apart…it ultimately led to this whole massacre with Yuri and I barely surviving…”

 

Donghae nodded and wrote down some notes.

 

“So, you can say this whole debacle was over ‘love’?”

 

“As hard as it seems…yes…”

 

Donghae smiled.

 

“A lot of people are asking lots of questions especially over the deaths of Ji Hoon and Jessica…you know there were huge superstars yes? They’re planning to pin the blame on someone…and…it looks like it will be you and Yuri…”

 

Minho was shocked and stood up.

 

“On us?! How? We were the victims! We nearly died!”

 

Donghae motioned Minho to quiet down and take a seat. Donghae spoke up.

 

“Don’t worry…there’s no evidence of you guys doing anything…I’m just warning you two lovers to get ready for the media storm…either they’ll praise you or…despise you…and from the way things are looking…it’s going to be bad…”

 

“What do we do?”

 

“I insist that you guys get your rest and then find a way to lay low for a little while…the media is already calling this whole affair…’The Romeo and Juliet Massacre’ …people are already coming out saying that you stole Yuri from Ji Hoon and what not…just lay low for awhile ok?”

 

“Mr. Lee…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Why are you helping us?”

 

“Onew was my friend…yet…he was sick…I’m here to fix up what he messed up…just an old favor, you know?”

 

Onew slowly nodded. Donghae rose from his seat.

 

“By the way, do you know Krystal Jung? Jessica’s little sister?”

 

“Yes…why? Is she alright?”

 

“She is…but…it looks like she’s been going to the media and spreading lies about you and Yuri…she says that you motivated her sister to grow violent and that you almost cost her life…you remember she tried to commit suicide yes?”

 

“I remember…Krystal…how could she?”

 

Donghae brushed his suit and put his shades on.

 

“Well, I need to return to Seoul so I could speak with the reporters…I’ll help you clear your name…”

 

“Thank you, Mr. Lee…”

 

“It’s an old favor I’m repaying…don’t worry…you and your girl will be cleared of any suspicion…”

 

Donghae gave a quick bow and hurried down the corridor.

 

“Krystal…what are you doing?”

 

Krystal, her parents, and several bodyguards arrived at the hospital where Minho was staying. They were there to verify if the body truly was Jessica. They marched through the hospital as the photographers flashed their cameras. Krystal was wearing dark shades.

 

“Krystal! Mr. Jung! Mrs. Jung! Just a few questions!!! Please!!!”

 

The bodyguards blocked the hallways as the Jungs followed security down to the morgue to visit the coroner. Mrs. Jung nearly fainted so she was escorted down the stairs by her guard. They arrived at the morgue. The coroner opened the door and the family slowly walked in. The coroner spoke up.

 

“Mr. Jung…if you could follow me please…”

 

The family followed the coroner to the middle of the room where the spotlight focused on a single body bag. The coroner slowly ped the bag. Mrs. Jung screamed and embraced her husband. Krystal walked over and looked at her sister’s lifeless face.

 

“Jessica…”

Jessica was pale white and her eyes were sealed shut. Her blonde hair was faded and her makeup smeared her eyes. Krystal couldn’t imagine the pain Jessica went through. Krystal spoke up.

 

“Doctor…is it true that Choi Minho and Kwon Yuri are here?”

 

“Actually they are…why?”

 

“I just wanted to see if they were ok…they were the only survivors of this whole disaster…”

 

Mr. Jung spoke up.

 

“Krystal…that isn’t necessary…all of them went through a lot of pain and the last thing we need is to start pointing fingers…”

 

“Don’t worry, father, I just wanted to say ‘hi’…”

 

Krystal looked back at her dead sister then vanished up the stairs.

 

“Minho…”

 

Minho sat beside Yuri’s bed. Yuri was still asleep. He slowly grasped her hand and felt her cold, soft palms.

 

“Yuri…baby…Minho is here…”

 

Yuri’s eyes still remained shut.

 

“I won’t let anyone hurt you…understand…no one will tear us apart…”

 

Minho placed her hand across his face and cherished her soft skin. Suddenly, there was a tapping at the door. It was Ms. Kwon.

 

“Minho…honey…I need to leave to get some food ok? I’ll be right back…also…the reporters are here so if they ask any questions…just stick to the truth, you understand?”

 

“Yes, Ms. Kwon.”

 

“Look over Yuri, ok?”

 

Minho smiled.

 

“I will…”

 

Ms. Kwon smiled and shut the door. Minho looked back to Yuri and smiled.

 

“I guess your mom likes me huh? I feel lucky…”

 

Minho winked at Yuri.

“You know…when I first saw you…I thought you were…”

 

Minho looked around and leaned over to whisper to Yuri.

 

“Hot…”

 

Minho giggled and sat back down.

 

“Just wanted to let you know…I was always a fan…”

 

Someone cleared their throat from behind. Minho quickly turned and saw Krystal standing quietly in the corner. Krystal slowly spoke up.

 

“Minho…I’ve missed you…”

 

“Krystal? What are you doing here?”

 

Krystal slowly approached Minho and embraced him. Minho quickly eased back.

 

“Minho?”

 

“Krystal…what are you doing here?”

 

Krystal narrowed eyes and gave a smirk to Minho.

 

“I’m here to warn you and Yuri.”

 

“Warn us?”

 

“You two made a mess of my family and friends…I will make sure you and Yuri will pay the price…”

 

“Krystal…we never meant any harm…”

 

“You did…when you ran off with her…”

 

Krystal looked at the sleeping Yuri.

 

“You’ll pay…for taking my sister away…and…breaking my heart…”

 

Krystal’s tears began to come out so she quickly wore her dark shades.

 

“Krystal, wait! We need to talk about this…I need to tell you the truth!”

 

Minho grabbed her arm but she brushed him off.

 

“I must be going now…enjoy your time together…while it’s still here…”

 

Krystal quickly exited the room leaving Minho standing there in disbelief.

The news report kept repeating the same headlines.

 

“Was it over love? Please stay tuned for more on the 11pm news!”

 

Minho quickly zapped the TV off. He turned and watched Yuri slumber. He took her hand and began to tear up. Ms. Kwon was sound asleep on the couch.

 

“Yuri…baby…I never meant for all this to happen…it’s all my fault…if I only left you alone in peace…you wouldn’t be here…I’m so sorry…”

 

Suddenly, Yuri’s finger twitched.

 

“Yuri?”

 

Yuri’s hand slowly began to move and caress his hand. Her left eye slowly opened. She gave a small smile to Minho.

 

“Minho…why…are you crying?”

 

“Yuri? Oh god…Yuri…you’re awake!”

 

Minho quickly went over to her face and kissed her forehead.

 

“You’re ok…”

 

“I heard you speaking…”

 

Minho held her head and tried to fight his tears back. Ms. Kwon slowly got up and took her daughter’s hand.

 

“Yuri…my love…are you awake now?”

 

Minho released Yuri and she slowly opened her eyes.

 

“Mom…I’m awake now…sorry for worrying you…”

 

Ms. Kwon began to cry and she embraced her poor daughter.

 

“Oh my love…I knew you would return to me…”

 

Minho quickly contacted the Nurse Tiffany. The nurse arrived and did a quick check-up over Yuri.

 

“Ms. Yuri…I’m Tiffany…I just wanted to check some things alright? The doctor is on his way.”

 

Ms. Kwon and Minho quickly moved back as Tiffany checked her eyes, , and her blood pressure.

 

“It looks like you’re ok…the doctor will be here soon…”

Tiffany turned to Minho and smiled.

 

“You know…Minho has been here for the past two days…waiting for you to wake up…”

 

Yuri smiled.

 

“I know…I could hear him speaking through my dreams…”

 

“How lovely…well I leave you to it Minho…”

 

Tiffany stepped out as Minho sat beside Yuri. Minho couldn’t help but stare at Yuri’s beautiful face. Even in the worst circumstances, Yuri’s beauty was flawless. Minho decided to let Yuri know what happened while she was asleep.

 

“Yuri…I have some news…you must listen ok?”

 

Yuri took Minho’s hand.

 

“I am all ears…”

 

Minho discussed the events that occurred while Yuri was incapacitated such as the developing story on the news, Detective Donghae’s visit, and Krystal’s appearance in the room. Yuri listened attentively and didn’t show any signs of shock or surprise. She lightly nodded as Minho retraced his steps from the past couple of days in the hospital. What really made Yuri feel bad was the death of Jessica. Yuri wiped her tears as she found out that Krystal was pinning the blame on them for her death.

 

“Poor Jessica…”

 

Minho frowned and nodded.

 

“You know Minho…Jessica…was real kind to me when we first debuted as a girl group…even up to the last couple of weeks…Jessica still offered help regardless of her hurtful nature…I still forgave her…but remembering how Ji Hoon shot her…I still can’t believe she’s gone…I never was able to tell her that I forgave her…”

 

Yuri began to cry and Minho held her. Ms. Kwon spoke up.

 

“I spoke with Det. Donghae and he’s going to find a way to get the media off of your shoulders…he’s going to release evidence revealing Ji Hoon’s obsessive nature over you two…that way…Ji Hoon will be held as the real culprit…I can’t believe the media these days…”

 

Yuri slowly and painfully sat up.

 

“Yuri, wait!”

 

“It’s ok, Minho…I’m fine…”

 

“Ok…”

“Minho…mom…we need to get ready to leave…I can’t stand being in this hospital anymore…”

 

Ms. Kwon spoke up.

 

“Yuri…what are you going to do?”

 

“I’m going to the press. I’m going to use what celebrity power I still have left and reveal the truth. It’s going to be hard but…it must be done…Minho…I need you to call someone for me…he’s my old manager…he’ll know what to do…”

 

“Ok…let me get the nurse…”

 

Yuri nodded and smiled.

 

“Leeteuk-oppa will help…he owes me…”

 

 

The Following Day

 

Minho and Yuri stood outside the hospital waiting for Yuri’s old manager, Leeteuk, to pick them up.  The rain was pouring down hard so they stayed under the roof. Ms. Kwon decided to stay back and clean things back home. Yuri was planning to do a big press conference to once-and-for-all expose the “truth” of what really happened the past week.

 

Minho knew no other alternative but to follow along with Yuri’s plan. He knew it would be best to gather everyone’s attention and tell the truth. Minho knew Yuri still had some influence over the media and it would be at their best interest to take advantage of what’s left of it. From the far side of the parking lot, they saw car lights shine through the rain. It was Leeteuk’s small blue Volkwagen Beetle. Yuri made a cute grin and gripped Minho’s hand.

 

“Follow me, Minho.”

 

The car pulled up and Leeteuk rolled the window down. He had a big grin.

 

“You kids need a lift?”

 

Yuri nodded and opened the door. Minho sat in back as Yuri sat in the front seat.

 

“Oppa…it’s been awhile…”

 

Leeteuk accelerated the car.

 

“Girl…we need to talk…”

 

The windshield wipers squeaked as it moved side to side, clearing the water off. Minho was sound asleep in the back seat. Yuri turned and smiled at him. Leeteuk spoke up.

 

“He’s a handsome kid, Yuri, where did you find him?”

 

“Oh…we…met a year ago back at Ji Hoon’s old farm…”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“BUT…nothing happened, Oppa…we just became friends but after my divorce with Ji Hoon…we saw each other again…and well…you can connect the dots from there…”

 

Leeteuk blushed.

 

“You dirty girl…”

 

“Oppa! I love him…it’s not scandalous…just…love…”

 

“My old friend is in love…I swear…you sure have returned to your old self again…god, did I hate you when you were with Ji Hoon…”

 

“Why?”

 

“You were so…distant…and so…desperate…it hurt me to see you…”

 

“I know…I suffered a lot…”

 

“But seriously…why do you need my help?”

 

“I need to speak with the press…to clear this whole mess up about Ji Hoon and Jessica’s death…”

 

“You know I don’t do that big star stuff anymore…I’m just a lowly journalist now…barely scraping by…”

 

“Oppa…I know you still have some people that owe you BIG in the entertainment and media business…just work your magic…I KNOW people want to hear my story…”

 

Leeteuk nodded.

 

“I’m sure they will…”

 

Leeteuk turned to Yuri and smiled.

 

“My friend…you have aged…”

 

“You have too, Oppa…”

 

“I’m so glad to know that you found someone…”

 

“What about you, Oppa?”

 

“Oh…Yoona…she won’t speak to me anymore…”

“Yoona? Why? Did she catch you cheating or something?”

 

Yuri and Leeteuk giggled.

 

“NO! Nothing like that…it’s just that…our relationship was never stable…she was busy…I was busy…but now when I need her the most…she left me…she believed her career mattered most…”

 

Yuri nodded. Leeteuk gave a deep sigh.

 

“Oh well…I’ll it figure out…but right now…I need to help you and your Prince out…”

 

“Oppa…I’ll promise to help you when things die down, ok?”

 

Leeteuk smiled.

 

“Thanks, darling, so do you want me to take you home to your apartment?”

 

“Yes, Oppa…thanks…”

 

“You’re welcome…”

 

The rain continued to rattle the small car as they reached closer to Seoul.

 

Krystal removed the microphone from underneath her blouse and prepared to leave the hotel room. Her bodyguards were waiting outside the hallway. Before she left, the reporter spoke up.

 

“Ms. Jung…thanks for coming out and voicing your opinion…”

 

“Excuse me…my opinion? That was the truth…Yuri drove my sister nuts and that’s what led her to suicide…”

 

“We’ll see…”

 

“Reporter Kim…what’s with your tone?”

 

“It looks like you won’t be the only one doing a story…we have information that Yuri will be having a big press conference…”

 

“What?”

 

“We’ll be in touch…”

 

Krystal glared at the reporter and her staff. She stormed out the room and marched down the hallway.

 

“Yuri…what do you think you’re doing?”

 

Minho slowly rose from the bed and saw Yuri standing by her closet. She was standing in her bra and and was picking out a dress. Minho was smiled.

 

“Yuri…come back…get some rest…”

 

Yuri turned and smiled.

 

“I can’t, love, Leeteuk already set up the conference. Let’s get ready.”

 

“But…I have nothing to wear…”

 

“No worries…we’ll swing by your dorm…”

 

“Oh ok…”

 

Minho slowly got up and approached Yuri. He admired Yuri’s flawless figure. The way her curves started and ended, it made Minho so excited. Minho placed his hands around her waist.

 

“Yuri…just a few more minutes…”

 

He began to peck kisses behind her neck.

 

“Minho…oh…not now…really…”

 

Yuri began to shake with excitement. She turned around and kissed him passionately.

 

“Minho…I need to shower…you just sit tight…”

 

She eased back and playfully shoved him back onto the bed.

 

“I’ll be out quickly…just watch my dress ok?”

 

“Alright, Yuri.”

 

Yuri shut the bathroom door and the shower . Minho skimmed his fingers along Yuri’s pretty black dress.

 

“She’s so brave…”

 

The Seoul Hotel lobby was jammed back with reporters and photographers. The media had followed the story from the very beginning and now the was going to erupt with the new development of Kwon Yuri’s testimony. The news editor and Leeteuk’s good friend, Eunhyuk, waited impatiently outside the hotel, waiting for Yuri and Leeteuk to arrive. Eunhyuk glared at his watch.

 

“That fool…he better be here before the press slices me up into tiny pieces…”

 

Suddenly, a tinted black Mercedes Benz pulled up. Leeteuk emerged from the passenger’s seat and went around opening up Yuri’s door. The cameras were quickly flashing. Yuri slowly stepped out in a black pea coat and black dress underneath. Minho also emerged in a black jacket and jeans to help Yuri inside. Minho caught sight of Donghae by the entrance with other security. They both nodded to each other and Minho escorted Yuri to the conference. Eunhyuk guided them inside. The questions began to fly out.

 

“What really happened, Yuri?”

 

“Who is your ?”

 

“How long have you had this affair?”

 

“Was this the cause of your divorce with Rain?”

 

Yuri dodged all the questions and Leeteuk shoved them back.

 

“My client will answer all questions inside!”

 

Yuri and Minho walked through the crowded banquet room and approached the stage. There was a table with several microphones on it. Yuri, Minho, and Leeteuk all climbed up the stage and took seats behind the microphones. The cameras continued to flash. Leeteuk cleared his throat and spoke up.

 

“Thank you everyone for showing up today…it’s been quite a media buzz these past few days after the loss of some great talent from our beloved industry…yet…the truth still lingers…now finally we have a first-hand testimony of what happened that horrendous night in Ujiongbu…ladies and gentlemen…Kwon Yuri…”

 

Yuri cleared and slowly leaned towards the microphone. The room went silent in anticipation.

 

“Leeteuk-oppa…thank you…the people of press and the rest watching…thank you for your attention and support these past days…it’s been real harsh on my family and loved ones…but…we’re still here…”

 

Minho gripped Yuri’s hand from underneath the table to show his support for her. Yuri turned and smiled.

 

“What happened was…horrible…it was the end result of anger…frustration…and…envy…Ji Hoon and I never truly got along…even after our divorce…we never really reconciled as human beings…yet what happened to my friend, Minho, and I…there’s no one to blame…Ji Hoon was a human being who made a mistake…it was drastic but still…a mistake…the other people who perished…Detective Onew…Taecyeon…Choi Siwon…my old friend, Jessica…they weren’t perfect…we were all selfish and made mistakes…I’m here actually to apologize to everyone and apologize for those who aren’t here…our ambitions for greed and love brought bloodshed which shouldn’t have happened…”

 

Yuri began to tear up.

 

“I saw my best friend…Jessica…get gunned down in front of me…I…I…I never was able to forgive her for her mistake and now she’s gone…we were all victims here…there were no culprits…we wanted to be loved…that was all…”

 

Minho tightened his grip on her hand.

 

“Minho and I were…were…lucky to be alive…”

 

The press stood quietly while Yuri sobbed.

 

“I saw Ji Hoon’s eyes…his eyes were full of misery…he wanted to be loved…he was lost…we all were…yet it was all our faults that our problems had to spill on to the news…”

 

One reporter spoke up.

 

“Did Ji Hoon shoot you?”

 

Yuri slowly nodded.

 

“He did…but…Minho saved me…”

 

“Minho, did you know about Ji Hoon’s drive to get Yuri back?”

 

Minho spoke up.

 

“I did…but…I couldn’t let him…I loved her…”

 

Minho stared in to Yuri’s tearful eyes. The reporters slowly realized that there was a love story under this blanket of death. They all felt guilty for placing the blame on the sad couple.

 

“Hopefully everyone realizes now that there really wasn’t a culprit or bloody killer…just several lost people looking for love and death was the only alternative to achieve it…thank you, everyone…”

 

The three speakers stood up and started to climb down the stage. The reporters quickly rose from their seats and barraged them with further questions. Donghae and the rest of security cleared the path for them to leave the hotel. Minho approached Donghae.

 

“Thanks for your help, Mr. Lee.”

 

“We were searching for the truth…that’s all…it’s up to the public to determine what’s true now…”

 

Minho nodded and bowed to him. He followed Yuri outside the hotel. He gripped her hand as they walked out the lobby towards the entrance. Suddenly, a huge SUV made a screeching stop at the entrance. The windows quickly rolled down and MAC-10 machine guns were pulled out. Minho caught sight of the guns and covered Yuri.

 

“YURI! DOWN!”

 

Everyone shrieked as the hail of gunfire shattered through the hotel lobby and windows.

 

*CRACK CRACK CRACK CRACK*

 

The storm of bullets destroyed the priceless figurines and expensive chandeliers. There was glass and debris flying all over the place. Suddenly, the firing stopped and the car sped off into the distance. The police sirens began to echo. Donghae ran towards the couple.

 

“You guys okay?!”

 

Minho removed his grasp on Yuri.

 

“Yuri…are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine…”

 

Yuri looked around the scene and saw all the reporters slowly getting up. There were a few people who were hurt from the shattered glass. Suddenly, Yuri turned and saw Leeteuk on the floor. She screamed.

 

“OPPA!”

 

She dove to his side. Donghae went over and checked his pulse. He was dead.

 

“Yuri…I’m sorry…”

 

Yuri cried on his chest.

 

“Oppa…no…please…”

 

Donghae screamed at the other officers.

 

“Did anyone get the license number?! Did anyone?!”

 

Donghae walked outside at the entrance with his radio. Minho comforted Yuri.

 

“Yuri…”

 

“Minho…all Oppa wanted to do was help…like he always did…he was always there for me when I was lonely and needed work…he never left me…now…he paid for my mistake…”

 

“Yuri…don’t blame yourself anymore…”

 

“How can’t I blame myself? Because of our love for each other…so many people paid dearly…with their lives…”

 

Yuri sobbed and removed Minho’s hand from her shoulder.

 

“Yuri! Wait!”

 

“I need to be alone, Minho.”

 

Yuri stormed off leaving Minho standing in the middle of the broken down hotel lobby. Minho began to think.

 

“It was Krystal…I know it…”

 

Minho vanished from the hotel to search for Krystal.

 

Krystal stood by the window as she heard the news play out the events that occurred several moments before. The reporter on TV spoke up.

 

“Choi Sooyoung here at Seoul Hotel reporting…devastating gunfire…that left 20 wounded and 2 dead…Officer! Officer! May I ask a few questions?!”

 

The TV was suddenly shut off by Mr. Jung.

 

“Krystal…do we have anything to do with this?”

 

Krystal slowly turned around.

 

“Oh…no way, Appa…”

 

“Krystal…if I find out we’re involved...”

 

“Appa…were ok…trust me…”

 

“The police have been watching for awhile and the ‘family business’ is beginning to take a plunge…the last thing we need is some heat…”

 

“Appa…we’ll be ok…”

 

“If it is us…I’m not going to help fix your mess…you’re alone with this one, young lady…”

 

Mr. Jung narrowed his eyes and stormed out the room. Krystal turned to look at the gloomy weather outside the window. She smirked.

 

“Just watch, Unnie…they will pay…”

 

Suddenly, Krystal’s phone began to vibrate. She opened her open and saw a familiar name. She smiled and raised her eyebrow.

 

“Finally…”

 

Minho stood by the cold riverfront with his hands in his coat pockets. It was growing darker and the weather wasn’t getting any better. Suddenly from a distance, a black SUV pulled up and three figures emerged. Minho braced himself. They walked down the path and met Minho by the railing. It was Krystal being escorted by two guards.

 

“So…you finally wanted to speak…say it then…Yuri killed my sister right?”

 

“Krystal, stop.”

 

Krystal’s eyebrows arched with anger.

 

“Stop? That’s it? Just stop? How can I if the people responsible are still roaming around?”

 

“Jessica was killed by my brother, Ji Hoon. Yuri and I saw it with our own eyes…you have to believe it…”

 

“I won’t believe it!”

 

“Krystal…what happened was a mistake…a big mistake that ended up in bloodshed…we didn’t want it to happen but…it happened and it can’t be changed…it was a shame that your sister had to die like that but…she did and we can’t change it…”

 

Krystal fought back her tears.

 

“I LOVED YOU! NOW YOU ARE WITH THE PERSON RESPONSIBLE FOR MY SISTER’S DEATH! YOU’LL DIE FOR THAT!”

 

The guards pulled out their MAC-10’s when suddenly, spotlights shined on them. Donghae’s voice could be heard from the giant microphone.

 

“THIS IS THE POLICE! DROP YOU GUNS! NOW!”

 

The guards dropped their guns and raised their hands. Krystal screamed.

 

“NO!”

 

She leaped and grabbed the gun. She fired towards Minho.

 

*CRACK CRACK CRACK*

 

Minho dodged in time and fell into the icy river. The SWAT Team surrounded Krystal.

 

“DROP IT! NOW!”

 

Krystal dropped the gun and smiled down the river.

 

“DIE…”

 

Minho surfaced from the cold river and could barely catch up with the current. It was dragging him down and he could barely catch his breath. In and out of the water he went, his vision began to grow dark. He felt death was pulling him down. Suddenly, Yuri and Donghae were by the railing screaming. Yuri screamed.

 

“MINHO! GRAB THE FLOAT!”

 

Donghae tossed the round lifesaver into the river. Minho grabbed the lifesaver and was slowly pulled in towards the sea wall. Minho could hardly breathe and kept coughing. Yuri screamed again.

 

“MINHO! HOLD ON! PLEASE HOLD ON!”

 

Donghae slowly yanked him in and pulled him up the wall. He laid Minho on the ground as the paramedics arrived to assist Minho. Yuri held his hand and cried.

 

“Why didn’t you tell me you were going to meet Krystal?”

 

“Yuri…I’m sorry…”

 

Yuri pounded on his chest.

 

“You had me worried…so worried…”

 

“I had to speak with her…talk some…sense into her…but…she couldn’t be persuaded…”

 

The paramedics arrived and helped Minho onto the stretcher. Yuri escorted him to the ambulance. As they walked, they saw Krystal in the rest of the guards in the back of police car. Krystal glared at Yuri. Yuri could feel a slight chill down her back as Krystal glared at her. When they arrived at the ambulance, Minho slowly got up.

 

“Yuri…are you okay?”

 

“I’m fine…Minho…I want to run away…”

 

“Run away?”

 

The paramedics slowly pushed Minho down and checked his vital signs. Yuri continued.

 

“Yes…run away…go away from this place…”

 

The paramedic cleared Minho.

 

“Where do you want to go?”

 

Donghae approached the couple.

 

“Well…we arrested Krystal Jung and her gang…but…her family is very powerful family here and well…it’s a good chance she’ll get bail…she’ll look for you two most likely so…it’s a good idea if you guys really laid low…I’ll try to take care of things here…and the way the press looks…they’ll take your story over her Krystal’s botched one…”

 

Minho touched Donghae’s hand.

 

“Hyung…thanks…for your help…”

 

Donghae smiled at Yuri.

 

“I was just doing my job…you two should get away for now, alright?”

 

The couple bowed and Donghae returned to the investigation. Yuri brushed Minho’s hair back and smiled.

 

“Let’s go, now…”

 

*3 MONTHS LATER*

 

Tahiti, French Polynesia

 

The evening air was cool and breezy. The sounds of waves slowly crashing onto the shore gave a sense of ambience. Yuri stood out on the sandy beach watching the sun set slowly. She wore a white bikini with a white wrap-around skirt around her waist. Her long black hair fell elegantly behind her neck. Minho approached her from behind wearing an open white silk shirt and khaki pants. He handed her a cold Mojito and they both toasted. Yuri turned around looked at the setting sun.

 

“It’s beautiful isn’t it?”

 

Minho looked off and smiled.

 

“It is…”

 

“How long do you think we should stay here?”

 

“Until we’re ready…”

 

Yuri took a sip of her drink and turned to Minho.

 

“But…what if I’m never ready?”

 

“Then…we’ll stay here forever…raise a family…that kind of stuff…”

 

Yuri blushed.

 

“Minho…you know why I fell in love with you?”

 

Yuri placed her hand on his chest and began to caress his muscles.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because…your eyes…they told me a story…”

 

“A story huh?”

 

“A story of love…”

 

“Love…really?”

 

“Kind of deep, huh?”

 

“You can say that…you know why I fell in love with you, Yuri?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because…of your smile…it was so gentle…and loving…I never wanted to see you frown…when my brother took you away from our farm that one night…I couldn’t go back to sleep…I wanted to see your smile…again…”

 

Yuri looked up to Minho and smiled.

 

“Like…this…”

 

They both closed in and their lips connected. They kissed as the day slowly turned to night. Yuri eased back and felt the air grow a bit colder.

 

“Come Minho…let’s get back inside…”

 

They entered the hotel on the cliff and greeted the desk man. The couple went up the stairs to enter their suite. When they arrived, Minho discovered the door was unlocked.

 

“That’s funny…I must have forgotten…”

 

The couple went inside. Yuri pinched Minho as she hurried towards the balcony overlooking the beach. Minho sat down on the bed and took his shoes off.

 

“Minho! Hurry! The view is beautiful!”

 

“I know!”

 

Minho recognized the bathroom light was still on so he went to the bathroom.

 

“Hmm…”

 

Yuri was beginning to grow impatient and peeked back inside the room.

 

“Minho? Where are you?”

 

Suddenly, she saw Minho slowly backing away from the bathroom.

 

“Minho?”

 

“Yuri…stay right there…”

 

From the bathroom emerged Krystal holding a silenced pistol. She had a big grin on her face.

 

“How funny…the lovely couple and their endless honeymoon…”

 

Minho slowly spoke up.

 

“Krystal…drop the gun…”

 

“I won’t drop it this time…I did before and I paid with prison time…my father left me to suffer in prison for three months but now…I’m back…here to finish you two for good…”

 

Yuri spoke up.

 

“Krystal…please…not like this…”

 

“Cute…it’s easy for you two keep saying that things were a ‘mistake’…I don’t care anymore understand? I just want to finish you guys off!”

 

“Krystal…your sister was my friend…you were my friend…please let’s move on…”

 

Krystal pointed the gun at Yuri.

 

“We were never friends!”

 

Minho dove and fought Krystal for the gun. Krystal screamed.

 

“Let me go!”

 

Minho held onto her wrist as Krystal tried to resist. She pulled gun up and it went off. Yuri dove to the floor as Minho wrestled Krystal to the balcony. Krystal banged Minho into the railing and the railing grew loose.

 

“Krystal! Drop the gun!”

 

Minho’s weight against the railing broke it off and it gave way. Yuri watched as Krystal and Minho disappeared from the balcony.

 

“MINHO!!!!”

 

Yuri ran to the balcony and looked down to see only the dark ocean.

 

“MINHO! NO!”

 

Suddenly, a hand grabbed her ankle. It was Minho.

 

“Yuri…help me…I’m losing my grip…”

 

Minho was holding onto the hanging railing. Yuri slowly pulled him up. Minho got his foot up and rolled onto the balcony. Yuri was panting.

 

“Minho…I thought you were…gone…”

 

Minho was panting and slowly brushed Yuri’s hair back.

 

“Yuri…I’m fine…”

 

They both hugged and looked down towards the ocean. Yuri whispered.

 

“Do you think she…died?”

 

“I don’t know…I really don’t…”

 

The couple both embraced each other tightly as they returned inside the room.

 

*A YEAR LATER*

 

Yuri, Minho, and Ji Hoon’s parents stood quietly in the cemetery. Yuri placed a bouquet of roses on Ji Hoon’s tomb. Mama Jung spoke up.

 

“Ji Hoon…we know you are here…you have been forgiven…please…let these two children move on with their lives…they have experienced so many horrors…please…let their love flourish…”

 

The wind blew in, shaking all the leaves. Yuri held tightly to Minho’s hand. Minho spoke up.

 

“Hyung…whatever happened in the past…I have forgiven you…and I promise…to look over the family…and Yuri…I know you loved her with all your heart…and I will do the same…thank you…Hyung…”

 

They all bowed and began to walk out the cemetery. Mama and Papa Jung entered their truck. Papa Jung spoke up.

 

“You kids visit us soon, you hear?”

 

Yuri smiled.

 

“Very soon!”

 

“Take care of my son, Yuri.”

 

“I will, Papa!”

 

Minho bowed to his parents and slowly drove off. Minho turned to Yuri.

 

“I’m sure, Hyung, was here today…I felt it…hopefully…he has moved on…”

 

“Ji Hoon…thank you…”

 

She gripped Minho’s hand and they slowly walked out the cemetery and headed towards their car. The leaves scattered down the street as the couple slowly drove off into the sunset.

 

THE END

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Readers! Just wanted to say thank you for reading my fanfic and enjoying the MinYul fan service. This story was really got me into writing fanfics and has created a new passion for me. For those who didn't know, I released "Tell Me Goodbye" around July of this year and it grew fairly popular in Soshified.com. After finishing it up with the death of Yuri's character, many readers requested for an extension of the story. I hesitated at first because I was still working on my OnSica fanfic, "The WindowShopper" yet when I finished that story up, I went back to MinYul for old times sake :D This alternate ending was created to show some more depth on the characters and to see Krystal' official ending. Thank you to you all on AsianFanFics and I'll see you soon!

I'll be hiatus for a couple of months due to military service BUT, here's a teaser for my next fanfic, "Lovers in Tokyo"

- Inspired by the popular K-Drama series, "Lovers in Paris" and "Lovers in Prague", this fanfic will star a whole new pairing. Seohyun, an ambitious talent agent, who's running away from love. Kyuhyun, a lonely jazz singer looking for another chance at love. With Tokyo, Japan as the backdrop for this romantic drama, will their love survive the adversity or will their fateful meeting just be a sweet memory? Also starring CNBlue's Yongwa, 2ne1's Sandara Park, and SNSD's Sooyoung, this drama will make you fall in love. Coming February 2011!