93. Growing(pains)

This is the Choi Family

Pulling Jihoon and Wonwoo aside, they explained their plan.

"I... is this okay? Can you write another song for us?" Seungcheol asked.

Since before, Wonwoo wasn't keen on writing for others but ever since Jihoon knew that CSC was Seungcheol's, Jihoon wrote one for Hoshi. At this point, their little family already knew and could ask them for this, but did he want to? Since he couldn't make up his mind, he looked to Jihoon. Jihoon hasn't said a word, but he could tell from the look in his eyes. Jihoon must really want to do it. The little hand gripping his sleeve was saying it all. Softly smiling, Wonwoo turned to the others and agreed.

"Jihoonie seems excited to do it, so let's make music."

"Thank you so much!" They celebrated a little, glad that they could take one step forward. 

"Do you need anything? I can get everything you need." Seungcheol suggested. He didn't know how Woozi worked and didn't know how to help, but everything else he could do. From equipment upgrade to a better work environment, he could give it to them.

Since he mainly wrote lyrics and left the music to Jihoon, again Wonwoo looked at Jihoon for any signs. Jihoon seemed to think for a while before speaking. 

"...Idea, like h-hurricane, I need an i-idea. W-what do you w-want to do?" He lifted his head, looking straight up at Hoshi. He was trying really hard to meet his eyes, looking away and back a few times. Everyone in the room couldn't help but squeal in their hearts at his progress.

"hmmm....something different... how about this situation? We want to grab attention, changing the trending topic...." Hoshi blurted out. "Can... we provoke the netizens?" 

Seungcheol thought for a while. "Well, they provoked us first. If anything is taken to court, I can deal with it."

"Yay~ let's show everyone that we're different from them! We stronger than them!"

"Ok."

------------------

Their daily lives didn't change much, going to work, going to school, going to daycare. Mingyu got his first test score back, full score in all subjects. They threw a party for him, praising him as a genius.

"You're so smart~ look at this, it says you're in the top 10 percentile for your age group!" Jun cheered. "What does percentile mean?" 

"Uh, the top of the pyramid, like the top of the pyramid? Standing above others?" The more he spoke, the less he made sense. Coming to his rescue, Joshua explained. "It just means you're above other children who are the same age as you. You're really smart Gyu."

"Does that mean I can do more things now?"

"What do you mean?"

"I want to help Jihoonie hyung more! I want to be smart enough and strong enough so that I can go with Jihoonie hyung everywhere and protect him!"

Hearing such a profound wish coming from just a kid half their size, they were very touched. "Mingyu, I just know that you will grow up to be an amazing adult. Let's work hard together."

"Yes!"

Since Mingyu wanted to grow smarter and stronger, all they can do is support him. Starting next year, Mingyu was old enough to join the youth soccer team which was at his school. Getting him signed up and ready to go, they could only do this much for him. Mingyu was already doing well academically, so unless he says so, they won't sign him up for supplementary classes. To think he wanted to do this much when he was only so young, everyone thought he was very admirable.

Also starting next year, Seokmin and Myungho need to go to school. They seem excited to go where their Mingyu hyung goes everyday, excited to make new friends. They did have friends in the daycare, but because Jihoon was their sole guardian for so long, there weren't that close as they couldn't go to their friends house or invite them over. But starting now, with Jeonghan, Jun, Joshua and Seungcheol around, there are more and more opportunities for them to explore.

--------------

By having more people in the house, there are more hands to help. This gave Jihoon and Wonwoo more time to be themselves. Using the money they earned from the collaboration with Hoshi, Wonwoo went out with Jun to do some shopping, just for himself and Jihoon. He had wanted to bring Jihoon too, but Jihoon insisted on staying since baby Chan had been fussing more than usual. 

Seungcheol and Joshua were at work, while Jeonghan and Hoshi were home. Jihoon was left to his own devices, fooling around with music while brainstorming for their song. Hearing Chan cry, he got up to check on him.

Being rocked in Hoshi's arms, Chan wouldn't calm down. "Baby, you have to tell me what is making you sad, this uncle doesn't know what else to do for you." Hoshi cried out, lost at what he should do.

Jeonghan tried to feed him cubed fruits, but he turned away. Chan's already growing up, he knows how to grab things to stand up and walk, he knows when others are talking about him, he knows what to do to feed himself. He wasn't very good at speaking yet, but he was improving very fast. 

Checking that he didn't wet himself, Jeonghan was at a loss and could only chalk this behavior up to be growing pains. He had most of his teeth, he's been walking a lot, there was literally nothing they could do but wait it out. 

"My poor baby, I wish I could help you."

Jihoon took over holding Chan and walked off to a separate room so that it wouldn't make the other little ones cry too.

Jeonghan and Hoshi peeked from the door, pitifully looking at Chan. They both thought the same thing. From what Seungcheol told them about the kids' stay in the orphanage, Jihoon practically raised Myungho, Seokmin, and Hansol from a baby up until now. At times they think Jihoon must be use to these kinds of situations and know how to fix them, but there are times where he is helpless too like right now, where he can't do anything more than hold them through it.

"Please grow up well like your brothers, Chan."