87. Really, what do we do...

This is the Choi Family

Watching Hoshi enthusiastically shaking the two's hands, Seungcheol had still not snapped out of his stupor. 

"Your music really is amazing, I'm not much of a music person like these people here, but I do listen every so often." Jeonghan said, surprise and awe written all over his face.

"I've known the longest among us about how amazing they are. You have no idea how many times I just wanted to simply hug them but couldn't or else I'd seem like a creep." Jun said smugly.  Was he suppose to be proud to be a creep or simply smug for knowing first? Ambiguous....

"OH! You right! Now give me hugs." Hoshi proceeded to glump the living life out of Wonwoo and Jihoon. 

"Jihoon.... and Wonwoo....." Seungcheol mumbled. His eyes were focused on where they were but not seeing at all. Joshua who had a similar reaction to Jeonghan had already recovered and began patting Seungcheol on the back. "Are you that shocked?"

"I..." Thinking back he remembered Jihoon humming when he was doing housework a little while back. Was the familiar tune Simple? When he had the slightest inclination to invite Wonwoo into his company after listening to the two and children singing along to the radio he almost made a mistake?

"....Wow." Joshua could only laugh at his reaction. Who would have thought that the big teddy bear with a successful entertainment company and multiple contacts with idols and artists could only come up with 'wow'. How cute.

Still the most enthusiastic one out off all of them was the one who had an inkling. Hoshi continued to cling to Wonwoo; Jihoon who had escaped to behind Jun for safety was high strung. Wonwoo put up with Hoshi's cat like behavior to keep him away from Jihoon. It seemed that since everyone's attention was on the two this whole time, Jihoon was getting a little nervous.

"...Why tell us this? All of a sudden?" Seungcheol asked. He was finally over it and was totally going to fan boy with Hoshi but seeing his younger friend do so, he didn't want to seem childish so he held it in and stayed level headed.

"It's not all of a sudden." Jun began to explain. "If they could, they would have kept this a secret longer. It's part of our fault this kind of happened as well."

"Long story short, since Mr. Choi's company wants to replace the CEO, they wanted to get close to you, correct?" Seungcheol nodded. He went and probed out Hyunwoo and all hoping to make things a little easier. Hyunwoo was his father's people, at least for the people of the company and the people who buy things from them, no tyrant should over see the company or shadow a puppet that sits at the top.

"Wonwoo's mom is part of the board that wants you to be the next. Through lots of connections, she was advertising herself with Wonwoo, saying her son was close to you and received a lot of illegal money." Jun rubbed his face tiredly remembering the mistake he made. "They got Wonwoo's phone and cracked it. They wanted your number Cheol-hyung."

"It isn't hard to get my number, they could have totally gone through my company and made an appointment with the front desk, why Wonwoo?"

"Because my mom knew you were nice to me from the hospital incident." Wonwoo supplied. "She probably would start threatening me soon with my phone to get you to help her."

"Oh." Seungcheol understood now that the adults world has affected the younger ones. A problem that should be dealt with among adults was some how brought down to such disgusting method of using others to achieve their goal. Disgusting human beings.

"How did they get your phone anyway?" Jun asked. He hadn't looked into the incident yet, since he was a little preoccupied with the net news.

"I..." Wonwoo hesitated to tell. Jihoon began connecting the dots. Recently, the only incident he could remember was when he went to the restroom and Wonwoo wasn't waiting right outside. That day, Wonwoo had a busted lip. Fearing that what he thought was what happened, Jihoon's grip on Jun's shirt tightened. Feeling the sudden tautness on his back, Jun peeked over his shoulder a little concerned. Coaxing Jihoon in front of him, he hugged him gently, pushing Jihoon's head against his chest. "It's okay."

Jun could tell it wasn't a simple theft. 

"I got jumped on campus. They snatched it from me then." He mumbled, not looking anyone in the eye.

Seungcheol grit his teeth. It seems he needed to talk to the principal again. 

"I'll check security cameras after this and have them arrested." Jun sighed.

"Since that is out of the way, why tell us about Woozi now? You could have kept it a secret longer." Seungcheol wasn't mad that they didn't tell him, he could understand to some extent why this was kept a secret, as the two were still young and didn't have jobs. They weren't well liked in school either.

"Well, they hacked into my phone, they did it to get closer to you. Jun hyung helped me remove all of the information that was related to my phone from their end, but the person must have toyed with it after completing their job and learned of Woozi." Wonwoo sighed tiredly remembering the incident.

"I made the mistake of laying low and arrested that person covertly, and this incited that person to post some information that instigated the public to question who Woozi was." Jun explained. Jihoon who was hugging Jun, began prodding and rubbing at his stomach. Jun was comforted by his cat-like behavior. "I can control the spread rate of the rumors but to completely shut them up I thought they needed someone who had more power over the media to step in for them. Nobody but Woozi knew who Woozi was, and if the public didn't believe what Woozi said, who will?" Jun could see that Seungcheol was beginning to understand. He could also see Hoshi become more and more excited.

"So, I want to propose a deal. Will you sign Woozi into your company and protect them?"

Seungcheol was going to think this through carefully when Hoshi squealed. "You don't mean, Woozi is going to be my label mate?"

"No, he meant they were going to stay away from your company." Joshua said sarcastically.

"Of course that was what he meant, but its more like CSC employing Woozi by name correct?" Jeonghan clarified.

"Yes, the two wish to remain a secret to the public so in name they will be part of CSC but they won't go to the company building as Woozi." 

Seeing as Wonwoo agreed with what Jun proposed and the others discussing this, Seungcheol just wanted to check one more time. "I can totally do that for you. But is that what you really want, Wonwoo? Jihoon?"

Jihoon and Wonwoo shared a knowing look. "Yes. We would like to join your company."

Seungcheol relaxed a little. "If that is what you want. I'll write up a contract after this, and I won't demand anything from you. This is a secret even to the rest of my employees, I'll make sure of it. Tomorrow, my company will make a statement and stop the rumors."

Wonwoo was also feeling a little more relieved and jokingly stretched out a hand. "Thank you, president Choi. We will gratefully work with you from now on."

Seungcheol also jokingly accepted the handshake. "Of course. I'll make sure your albums sell the most."

They had a nice laugh, the atmosphere warmed around them.

"Then, do you have any plans for when or if Woozi gets revealed?" Jeonghan asked out of curiosity.

Wonwoo shook his head. "I'm hoping for one day where me and Jihoonie are confident enough to show the world what we can do. If it happens by accident, it happens. But until then, we got a lot of work to do, reaching that point."

"I see. Seems like we all still need to grow up a little more." Joshua agreed. 

"You're right. It won't happen now, but it definitely will later. Let's pave the path for Woozi together." Wonwoo said, feeling hopeful for the future.

"Definitely. We'll grow up and change the world together." Seungcheol supplied. Everyone kind of cringed at his words. When was he going to learn not to be so dramatic?

Suprisingly, Jihoon nodded at that. "Ungh. Me too." He wanted to grow up stronger, strong enough to defend himself.

"If it's us, we can make it."

---------------

Thank you for all the new readers and comments recently on Wattpad~ They make my day seeing so many notifications <3 (tho at least 80 of them were because there is a star button for each chapter teehee) Big numbers make me happy~