1 Tightrope

A Million Dreams

Ah, it’s your typical morning, the sun is shining bright, the birds are chirping the same melodious song, and nothing will interrupt your perfect morning that you’ve planned the day before. Except it’s not.

The sun shone straight into his eyes, his alarm is blaring Katy Perry's firework, and to make it worse, it’s another day where he’s still breathing. You see, there’s a reason why Jongdae hates the world with all his heart, oh but not because of the typical ‘blegh I have to go to my 8 p.m work which was my only choice because of my poor academic performance and I’m still going to blame the system’. No no, he’s not that kind of person.

Then why you ask? Well let me tell you the reason along the way. Have you ever heard these lyrics?

 

Some people long for a life
That is simple and planned, tied with a ribbon
Some people won't sail the sea,
'Cause they're safer on land

 

No? Well now go search it on your own that piece is under rated. Back to the point, Junmyeon’s life is pretty much what you call, sad. Even before he was born, his life was written by his own parents. He went to a private kindergarten, a private preschool, in conclusion a private everything. Privileged as you can see.

He knows what will happen to him next year even before this year even ends. That’s how prepared his life is. He’s got everything, clothes made by the finest designers, food tasted by experts before it was served to him. Perfect. That’s how some might describe his life. Most would kill to live like him. But Junmyeon hates it. He hates it that a lot of people knows him.

Today is the 22nd of May 2018, he’s 18 now. With that in mind, he shot right up from his bed and slammed his alarm. “It’s starting” He sighed and just stared at the wall of his room. Being the heir to the Kim Corporation is not easy, when he turns 18, he’ll need to start working at their company, considering that his training has started since he was in middle school. ‘The perfect heir’, a title that the media has given him since he was introduced to the world when he was a kid. “This will rise our popularity” His dad has said to him when he asked why was it necessary for the people to know him.

He was supposed to help the company since the beginning of the year but he managed to avoid it, reasoning that he needs more time to practice which got his father’s approval. But now, there’s no more stalling. Well it looks like he just needs to accept it all and just live. And by that he got out from his bed.

Walking down the stairs, he can hear his parents’ voices talking in the kitchen. As he got closer to them, his father noticed him and gave a small smile. Junmyeon has expected his father to talk about the whole working situation so he kept a neutral face throughout the whole conversation. “I’m so proud of you, you know that right?” Junmyeon was silent for a second after his father asked that but has managed to keep his composure and smiled, “Of course father”

 

On another part of New York, a boy with a smile more radiant than the sun walked happily, gripping his bag tightly to contain his excitement. It’s his first time ever to step his foot in in the city after spending his teenage years studying, being born in a small town far away sure has it cons, even if he loves the peacefulness there. But don’t get him wrong though, his family isn’t poor per say, his family owns a huge farm and is currently living happily. They’re just those ‘I love living in a peaceful town rather than a loud city’ type of people.

But as he’s growing up into an adult, Jongdae’s now interested in the city. Sure the small town is nice but he craves more. He’s read a lot of books since he was small, of how a boy with nothing can become something, about the delights of travelling and how chasing after your dream is the true key of happiness. He wants that -the adrenaline rush, the adventure.

So here he is, on his way to the new play’s audition that has been the talk of people for weeks. He was so immersed in his surroundings that he didn’t even realise he crashed into someone. But before he can fall, a hand held his back supporting him. “Oh my god I’m so sorry I didn’t watch where I was going” He stood straight and bowed to the person but when he saw the person’s face he froze.
 

Hello angel, look at the sky

In my eyes you’re perfect like a painting

 

“Wow” He spluttered out without realising but he heard the boy laugh and felt his face heat up. “Are you okay?” The boy asked while smiling a polite smile and wow are all boys in the city this good looking? Jondae wondered.

“Oh yeah don’t worry I’m okay” He reciprocates the smile. “If that’s so I’ll be going first” And just like that the piece of hotness (labelled by Jongdae himself) was gone. “Well today’s going to be interesting” He thought to himself and continued walking.

After a few minutes later, Jongdae stopped and looked up in awe.

“ARE YOU THE STARS WE’RE LOOKING FOR? “ is written in bold letters on the banner.

In front of him, almost a hundred people are in queue for the play. Seeing that, his heart quickens and he feels the confidence in him gradually goes down. “It’s okay Jongdae, you can do this, fighting!”

And by that the story starts and introducing to you, this is: The Greatest Showman.

 

 

 

Note: Ayyy hiii this is the introduction of the story, I'll write longer chapters in the future. Please comment! Support is very much needed for motivation :D