Couple Rings

Once They are Lover

                It’s already their second Valentine’s Day together - as friends - on that day. She wanted to make it extra special so she walked alone, loitering inside the mall to find some presents for him with her homely-feel attire which a jean, tee and sneakers yet she did not forget the sunglasses to cover up a bit. She stopped when she saw his reflection inside a jewellery store. “My feelings only maybe,” she reasoned out.

 

                He stopped and shocked when he almost knocked her down when they met in each other way. Both gasped and he tried to hide the bag from the earlier store but her eyes already in its hawk-mode. “Whose is that?” she asked and he just shook his head while sheepishly grinning to her. She stormed off from him and he quickly followed her. She entered the Pancake House and sit near the window. He sit himself in front and quickly made an order for them. He tried to make a conversation but being ignored completely by her.

 

                “Are you angry? It’s for you, I just want to save it as a surprise for tonight during our date but you already caught me red-handed and sulked at my face.” She glanced at his face and took the bag from him while he wasn’t looking and wrapped out the wrappers off. Her eyes bulged out when it saw the simple platinum couple rings inside the black square velvety-box. He took one and showed in front of her. “Will you be my girl? Officially now?” he asked while locking his gaze to hers. She nodded her head vigorously and pushed out her left hand to him.

 

He slid it into her ring-finger and showed off his to her. With a tear in the brim of her eyes, she could see the signature, ‘Shikshins Forever’ carved inside of hers perfectly.