Could I See You Again

Our Jealous Love

With shaking hands, misgivings and a little bit of hope, Taehyung calls Jinny.  Even the alcohol he consumed earlier didn't take the edge off this nerves.  This was what he wanted most in his life.  For her to forgive him and to want him again. No, to love him again.  That's what he really wanted. The next few moments were nerve-racking.  She answered!  He is thankful for even that much. "Jinny, It's me. Please don't hang up.  I'm asking you to forgive me.  I love you and I won't let you go without a fight.  I don't wanna lose you, sweetheart.  I can't be without you anymore. I can't spend another sleepless night without you. Can I come home? Please! I want to talk to you in person."

"I've been thinking about you all night.  I want you to come." Jinny replied. 

"Great! I'm coming now. Okay?"

"Yes, that's fine."

She waits for him by the window thinking about her situation.  If only we weren't married this would be easier for me.  I would let go of Tae kindly and let him move on with his life.  But, she couldn't let go so easily.  I can't give up on us yet.  I will hear him out and see how he feels.

Tae was hopeful at least she wasn't so angry that she didn't want to see him. He calls a taxi and in no time he is at the home he shares with his wife.  He walks in and she looks up at him with wide eyes.  She gets up from the sofa and comes to hug him. They both speak at the same time. "I'm sorry."  Tae holds her at arm's length searching her face for answers.  With fear in his voice he asks, "Are you leaving me?"

"No, no. I have wronged you. Thinking only of myself and my capriciousness of wanting to stay with Yoongi even though you and I are married now.  I do love him Tae. I won't lie to you. But I owe it to you, to try to make our marriage work. If you want to that is."

Tae stays quiet. He knows what he wants. He is just surprised that she is willing to try. His hearts desire just steps from him but seemingly miles stretched between their hearts. 

"I do," he finally says. "But not if you don't think you can love me."  He manages to say.

It breaks her heart to hear him say that.

It comes as a welcome realization to herself as well. "I do love you. I know that now.  I could have left you Tae but something kept holding me back. It was your undying love.  I didn't want to hurt him but I know he'll understand.  You've proven to me over and over how much you love me and my love for you has grown deeper." 

His heart was thundering in his ears as the morning light started to filter through the window.  He feels like he's coming alive just as the day is starting so is their life together.  He walks towards her as she smiles shyly looking up at him. 

"Hold me Tae."  She whispers and he complies.

"I won't share you, Jinny. My heart can't take it.  Promise me it will only be me or I walk away."

Jinny stays quite staring at the floor.  Tae turns and starts to walk away. The pain in his heart tearing at his chest. 

"Stay with me Tae.  I love you.  Come lay with me in bed."

He turns back seeing tears in her eyes.  

"Save me Tae."