11.

Forget Me Not

Author's note: Just a reminder,I change Haechan's name back to Donghyuck because at this point he got some of his memories back, including his real name.But nobody knows this so everyone's still calling him Haechan. Oh,and btw this will be the second last chapter.

 

Donghyuck ran passed the school hallway as fast as he can, ignoring the weird looks from everyone. He searched the school for a certain someone,until he found that said someone's small figure looking through book shelves at the library.

 

Hmm.

 

"Renjun",he called out to him.

 

The boy turned to the voice,only to be met with his deskmate walking towards him.

 

"Haechan? What are you doing here?"

 

"I should be asking you that.What are you doing here?", Donghyuck asked.He glanced at the book shelves in distaste while Renjun shrugged his shoulders, "I wasn't hungry-", "that explains your size", Donghyuck interrupted,earning a slap to his arm. "I wasn't hungry and I thought I should do some studying", the Chinese continued.

 

Donghyuck snorted, "Nerd", and earned another slap to his arm.

 

"If you're not here to here to lend a book than might as well tell me why you're here",Renjun retorted

 

"I was looking for you", Donghyuck pouted but it only received an eye roll from the smaller,"I can already see that dummy but why?"

 

"No reason", Donghyuck tried to lie.

 

"Does it have something to do with Mark?"

 

Donghyuck recoiled by instinct. The action is immediately picked up by Renjun, who's eyes turned softer. "It does",he answered for the tanned boy.

 

Donghyuck recalled why he went searching for Renjun in the first place. Mark was walking towards him.He panicked.Mark smiled sweetly at him.He thinks he's gonna have a heart attack.He got up from his seat and ran off without an explanation.

 

,how is he going to explain this to Mark?

 

"Haechan?"

 

Renjun's voice disrupted his thoughts.He stared back into the smaller's sympathetic eyes. "Wanna tell me about it?"

 

Donghyuck sighed, "It's a long story"

 

Renjun smiled,happy that his friend is willing to open up to him "It's okay,I have time"

 

At that moment, he's thankful to God that he met someone as sweet and understanding as Renjun.They sat down at the nearest table.

 

"I guess I'll have to start from the beginning"

 

Renjun remained quiet as Donghyuck told him his story. The latter told him about the day he found out he has amnesia, the time Johnny took him under his wing, the day he met Mark and all the way until the night he found out Mark was his long forgotten friend.

Renjun drank all this information in with wide eyes.'Yeah, it's a lot to take in', Donghyuck thought.

 

"Wait,so...Haechan-", "Donghyuck", the tanned boy corrected him. "Right.Donghyuck,so...you remember everything now?"

 

"Well,not everything.Just my name and Mark.But you have no idea how hard it is to come clean to him about this.Who knows how he'll react? I don't think I can handle ruining our friendship.I can't",his bottom lip trembled as he looked down at his shoes.He couldn't see the sympathetic looks from Renjun.And frankly, he doesn't want to.Making people worry about his little problem is the last thing he wants to do.

He doesn't know when but tears started to stream down his cheeks.He heard a squeak on the floor like a chair is being pulled,footsteps moving from the seat across him to the seat on his right.He felt his small friend wrapping his arms around him, trapping him in a warm hug.A warm and very much needed hug.

 

"Tell him. He's your friend, he'll understand.",Renjun advices him over Donghyuck's shoulder.

 

Donghyuck wonders if he should.

 

 

 

 He stood in front of the gates after school.Students were pouring out the building to get home,some walking in groups,some were by themselves. Donghyuck was the latter.He waited patiently for Mark to appear so that he can explain himself.His fingers played with the strings on his backpack, clearly showing his nervousness. Suddenly,he heard footsteps stopping behind him.He turned around, meeting Mark's unreadable expression.Here goes nothing. "Mark,I-"

 

"Just stop"

 

Donghyuck froze. "Huh?"

 

Mark's face harden, "I get that you don't like me that way but don't you think running away from me is a bit too harsh? It ing hurts."

 

The younger didn't know what to say when he heard the icy tone in Mark's voice. All he can think of saying is, "I'm sorry"

 

But this seemed to irked the older even more,"Sorry? That's all you have to say? I think I deserved a ing explanation!"

 

Everyone turned their heads to the pair.It's clear they've never seen Mark yell at someone before.Golden boy Mark has always been nice to everyone, always helping others with their homework,never missed a chance to greet his teachers.That is the Mark everyone is used to but now is not that Mark.

The hard glare the older is giving Donghyuck sent shivers down his spine.Why is he suddenly like this? He felt offended and decided not to back down,to hell with explaining , "Look,I'm sorry you're offended but I'm not gonna say why I did that so DEAL WITH IT"

Mark stepped closer, his breathe fanning Donghyuck's face as he lean in to his ear so that only the younger can hear his next sentence, "Why don't you just admit that you're just too ing selfish to care about other people's feelings?"

 

Donghyuck's eyes went wide.Shocked and unable to believe what the older said,he forcefully pushed him back,sending Mark staggering back a little.

 

Donghyuck felt the insult stabbed his heart.The pain was more obvious because it's Mark.His vision started to blur.Not wanting the other to see him like this, he immediately ran away.

 

Away from Mark Lee.Away from the boy who took his heart and broke it into a million pieces.

 

 

It was only when he close the door behind him does he want to break down.

 

"Haechan? Back so soon?",Johnny.

 

"Donghyuck". It was quiet, barely a whisper.

 

"What?"

 

"My real name. Lee Donghyuck",he said a little louder.

 

"You remembered your name?", his hyung went to stand in front of him,unaware of the broken state the younger was in.Donghyuck nodded although his expression didn't match Johnny's ecstatic one.

 

"That's great,kiddo! I'm so proud of you"

 

The younger,who was trying so hard not to cry in front of Johnny, finally gave up.He let the tears fall,not even bothering to restrain the loud wail coming up his throat. The taller was surprised for a second at the scene but then immediately pulled his dongsaeng in a bear hug. "Donghyuck? Donghyuckie? What's wrong?",he asked.Donghyuck only shook his head, hugging him tighter.He understood that the boy doesn't want to talk about it so he doesn't pry.

 

The two boys just stood holding each other in the hallway.The only sound was Johnny's faint shushings and Donghyuck's cries muffled against the older's shirt as both of them stayed in that position for a while.