Plans

Wolves Among Us

 

 

Suho gathers all of the boys around the dining room table, a grim but angry look on his face. Everyone sits in silences as the leader spreads out a blueprint of the sewers, using Sehun’s help. The leader takes a deep breath as he sets some pins along it.

 

“Siwon made a huge mistake when he captured Sehun,” He begins. “Sehun escaped and found an exit through the sewers.”

 

“With help…” Sehun mutters, glancing at D.O. His mentor smiles at him tightly before turning his attention back to the map.

 

“Yes,” Suho takes a deep breath. “With some help but we have an entrance after all. Here's what I’m thinking,” He says as he puts pins in different spots. “We’ll have a main team attack them from the front. They don’t have many members left, so we shouldn’t have too much of a hassle. With only flight and healing to deal with; though, I doubt their healer will be apart of the battle. He’ll probably be found along Heechul’s damn backside,” He jokes. It causes all of the boys to chuckles and it’s nice to see them all smile; even if it’s brief. “Now, while a team is going through here, another will go through the sewers. To eliminate any...unpleasantness with the water, I will go with that team. “

 

“Someone will need to separate Leeteuk from Heechul, so he can’t heal him,” Lay puts in.

 

“Yes, of course,” Suho stares at the map for a moment, his eyes seeming to memorize every inch of it. “Kai will do that. He’s good at distracting people.”

 

“That’s damn true,” Sehun scoffs, almost unaware he had said it out loud. He blushes a bit and clears his throat, allowing the leader to go on.

 

Suho looks at Sehun and smiles at him tightly. He gently grabs his arm, pulling him from Kai’s side and to his own. “Sehun, you’ve been there for a few days, yes?”

 

Sehun shivers at the memories. “Yes…”

 

“Did they blindfold you?”

 

“Heechul blindfolded me in his trunk at the hospital,” he explains. “But after they took it off, they never put it on; even when I was in my cell or when they...tortured me.”

 

“They tortured you?!” Kai exclaims. “Why didn’t you say anything?!”

 

Sehun rubs his temples. “They barely tortured me. It’s not like they got their knives out and extracted...Information or something.”

 

“Someone watches too much action films,” Chen chuckles.

 

“Sehun, please, tell us a little of what happened,” D.O encourages. “It might hurt but...It’ll give us a better idea of what we’re going against.” When Suho and the others nod in agreement, except for Kai, who sighs.

 

Sehun just shrugs. “I thought I was gone for hours,” He admits. “That’s how messed up I was; everything was all dizzy and I didn’t...really register everything until I was in that bathroom and when Lay came to get me. But um...Siwon was...the one who led most of the session,” He continues. “The other boys joined in eventually too but uhm...it was mostly Siwon and Heechul. They kept me in their basement, in a huge room with cells. That’s where the sewer entrance is,” He pauses to look at the map again. “Kai, can you go get the key from inside our dresser?”

 

With a simple nod, Kai disappears into black smoke, not questioning it. “I was usually led up from that room, down a hall, and up some stairs,” He explains, not registering when his boyfriend teleports to his side moments later. He sets a key on the table and takes a step back. Sehun grabs a piece of paper from nearby and begins to draw. “I mostly explored with the air but um...I think I got a basic layout of the place. Not what’s inside most rooms but…”

 

“Good thing you didn’t become an artist,” Chen jokes when he sees the crudely drawn map. Sehun gives him a pointed look before starting to draw again.   

 

“His main building is three stories hide and without a doubt in my mind, Siwon uses the top building for his...office or something.”

 

“And you...memorized all this?” D.O asks as he takes a step closer to look.

 

“What else was I supposed to do while I wait for my impending doom?” Sehun jokes as well. “Actually...I don’t think Siwon even knew I could do this with my air,” He admits. “I don’t think he expected me to be so...intune with it.”

 

Suho smiles as he sees the finished layout. “A horrible, horrible mistake, you damn bastard,” he whispers. He takes the drawing and sets it beside the sewer map. Sehun reaches over and grabs some pins, pinpointing the different entries. “On the first floor, they have only two doors leading outside. One leads to a training area. That’s...where they beat me,” He explains. “The other one leads to the front. Other than that, I’m...not really sure. Only what my air was able to feel for.”

 

“Feeling around with air?” Baekhyun crosses his arms. “Clever boy.”

 

The leader stares at the paper for a moment before pulling a knife from under his shirt. Sehun doesn’t know why he carries that but he assumes it must have been due to all the recent attacks from the others. He flinches when Suho roughly stabs the training yard area, the blade going through his nice, expensive table; the same one he’s yelled at Chanyeol for almost ruining several times. “I want him lured out here,” He instructs. “Do what you boys must...just get him there,” He pauses to look at all of them. “In a few days, these people will die. I wish it didn’t come this far but we have no choice now. It’s to the death and that’s final,” He says, taking another deep breath. “But if anyone gets badly wounded, we fall back. I will not lose another damn member, you all hear me? Your lives are worth more than theirs; a million times more.” Suho lets go of the knife now, letting it sit there. He stares at it with disgust and Sehun suddenly gets the feeling that it might not be Suho’s knife. Now that he thinks about it, he’s seen Siwon with it a few times during his capture. But how did his brother get it? “I want all of you to train, prepare for this next mission...because I’ll need all of you for it.” All of the boys stand in silence as their leader walks off, all of the accepting when he gently pats their backs and shoulders. He gives Lay’s arm a particularly tight squeeze before he leaves them and heads up the stairs, no doubt to prepare.

 

“You alright?” Kai asks as he goes to wrap his arms around Sehun. “That didn’t bring back too many memories, did it?” When he shakes his head, the wolf sighs and glances at the boys. He grabs Sehun’s hand and pulls, leading him to the training area out back. When all of the other boys are out of earshot, He sits down, pulling Sehun down with him. “Why didn’t you tell me? About the beatings?”

 

Sehun sighs as he leans his head against Kai’s shoulder. “I   wanted to forget about it, Kai,” He says. “It...was so embarrassing,” He whispers.

 

“Embarrassing?”

 

“When Lay brought me home and I was just...crying. I wouldn’t say a thing and I just felt embarrassed looking so weak.”

 

Kai grabs Sehun’s face and stares into his eyes. “Sehun, no one blames you for what happened, alright? And none of us think any differently of you,” He assures Sehun. “, if anything, we have MORE respect for you.”

 

Sehun scoffs. “Respect? Why?”

 

“Well, ,” Kai laughs. “You were brought into that damn place and...survived. You were at the belly of the beast, as they say.”

 

Sehun shakes his head at the dumb phrase used but it still makes him smile. “You were amazing, Sehun. They beat and starved you for two days and yet you still pushed your way through disgusting sewers and found your way back.”

 

“By finding my way back you mean, I found a phone and called Lay,” He smiles. “Then yes.”

 

“Give yourself more credits. A lot of people wouldn’t even have the will after that.”

 

“Well...I left at the right time,” He says and Kai frowns in confusion. “Heechul, earlier before I escaped, asked me if I was ready for my first torture session.”

 

“Those beatings...wasn’t meant to be torture?”

 

“I guess not,” he whispers. “Maybe just a little bit of revenge,” he laughs dryly. “Even Leeteuk got some hits in and , that healer hits hard. Not as hard as Heechul or Siwon but…I was left with constant headaches.”

 

“I’m seriously going to rip that healer apart,” Kai growls. “With my damn claws!”

 

“Gosh, you’re so cute when you get all protective,” Sehun leans over, kissing Kai’s cheek. “Save that for Leeteuk, yeah?”

 

“I don’t care if I lose myself to anger, even for a second,” Kai’s voice is low and dangerous. “I’m not losing someone else, Sehun. Especially...especially not you,” His thumbs gently begin to caress the pale skin of Sehun’s cheeks. Sehun grabs his hands and smiles again.

 

“You’re not going to lose me,” He says. “You’re not losing ANY of us, okay? You’ll see- we’ll take them all down, including Siwon. And..maybe we’ll all go out to celebrate. Or Kyungsoo and Lay can cook for us.”

 

“You have a lot of balls calling him by his real name,” Kai says in surprise.

 

“Okay, but you won’t tell him, right? I-I might be good with my magic now but he’d kick my in a real fight...” That seems to make Kai laugh. The kind that makes him shut his eyes and wrinkles his nose. The kind that makes Sehun sigh, relax and wants to kiss him. “Are...are you nervous?” He asks. “

 

Kai brushes some hair from Sehun’s eyes. “You mean the fight? No, I’m not,” He shrugs. “Siwon barely has any men left and with all of us working together, We’ll crush them.” When Sehun looks doubtful, Kai grabs his face with both his hands and pulls his head up. “Sehun, it’ll be okay, alright? In a few days, all of this will be okay. Heechul will be dead, Siwon will be dead and we can all go back to,” He pauses. “Well, not normal, but...for once, in our group, there will be peace.”

 

Sehun lets out a sigh and smiles. “You’re right. I’m just...I don’t want anyone else to die.”

 

The wolf sighs and pulls his boyfriend close. “And no one else WILL die,” He reassures. “ALL of us will come out alive, okay?”

 

Leaning his cheek against Kai’s chest, he sighs. “You’re right, as always,” He nods.

 

“That’s right,” Kai chuckles and lets go before backing up. He purses his lips in thought before he heads over and grabs one of the staves. He tosses it to Sehun, smiling when he catches it. “Show me how far you’ve come, alright?”

 

Sehun looks at the staff and smirks. “Alright but no holding back, got it?”

 

Kai raises his weapon and aims it towards his boyfriend. “You got it!”