After

Melon

*I’ll be writing in 3rd person from here on out. Italics are thoughts. Text between <> are phone conversations.

Writing on mobile so I’m sorry for any spelling mistakes* 

--—————————————-———

 

She woke with a startle. 

The night of melon awards had been a blur.

It was 9 in the morning on December 2nd and the media was already ablaze with the buzz of couple rumours. 

“All from a few fan cameras and some eye contact.  Amazing.” Lisa muttered under her breath as she scrolled through her YouTube feed. 

Not gonna lie, it’s kinda fun to see which couples fans get right. 

Chuckling, her fingers scrolled past a few other ship videos. Then she paused. 

The title read ‘LISA (BLACKPINK) x TAEHYUNG (BTS) MMA 2018’. 

Lisa clicked on the video faster then the time it took for her brain to truly process what she was seeing. 

“Me and V?” 

The back of her mind wondered if this is what she had been waiting for all this time. Proof that he was at least attracted to her. 

Lisa watched until she couldn’t bear it anymore. Was he actually staring at her? And why was he so cute while dancing to her song? 

*twinkle*

A text.

“A miracle. That’s what I need!” Lisa half-screamed across the room and reached for her phone. 

Jisoo, maybe?

< Hi Lisa! I’m a huge fan > 

Who? 

The number read 905-XXX-XXXX. It was a local cellphone number, so that cancelled out any friends or family from back in Thailand. 

Her deduction left her feeling perplexed. She didn’t give out her number freely. 

Ugh, I hate talking to people I don’t know. 

“Rosie? Are you home?” If she didn’t know and neither did Google, maybe Rosie knew. 

Lisa heard only silence. She was alone in the dorm. 

Screw it, I’m it up. I’m too curious

< I’m sorry, who is this? > 

Her stomach tingled. It was silly but the whole situation was making her nervous. 

Lisa never gave out her number unless she truly wanted to keep in touch with the person. And those people were few. 

< Oh, sorry. This is Taehyung from BTS 😊 > 

Shock. Horror. Happiness. 

Lisa wasn’t sure what she was really feeling but if she had to describe it, it would be something like all of those combined. 

This is crazy! Her response was lightning fast. 

< Hello, senior. 🙇‍♀️ Thank you so much for the compliment. I am also a big fan. ^^ > 

Polite. Be polite. He is your senior...a very attractive senior

< No need to be so serious. Just call me oppa 😄 > 

< Ok! 😸 Thank you, oppa...just curious, how did you get my number? Not a lot of people have it > 

Wasn’t she just fantasizing about this exact thing happening to her? She wondered if it sounded like she was unhappy Taehyung reached out. 

Cause I’m not. I’m not mad about it, at all. 

Her grin was as wide as her face. 

< Ah, Jungkook asked Bambam for it. I hope you don’t mind...all of BTS kinda has your number now...> 

She’d be lying if she said she wasn’t intimidated. BTS were huge seniors! Lisa couldn’t believe how quickly things were progressing. She didn’t know any of them just a few moments ago. 

Besides meeting Jimin. She thought. They had met briefly while working for an awards performance, but the relationship never developed past being colleagues. 

< No, oppa. I don’t mind at all! I really respect you guys. I’m happy to finally get to know you. 💜 > 

< “You” as in just me? Because if that’s what you meant, I can work with that. 😏 > 

What. The. .