Part II: I'm Back for You

Certain Things
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[BREAKING NEWS]

 

Astronaut Hirai Safely Landed On Earth

KAZAKHSTAN - Japan’s excellent astronaut, Dr. Hirai finally come back to earth after six months expedition in ISS. She reportedly returned to earth with a crew of six on a NASA space shuttle. Her first mission was announced on November 18 together with a Korean and Taiwanese astronauts, Dr. Yoo and Dr. Chou. See more...

* * *

     Sunlight glimmers through the curtains, signalling a new day has started. It was unlike any other day where Mina was anticipating. It was the day that she finally woke up to a morning, feeling a smile creeping up on her soft plump lips as her eyes caught on a figure lying and sleeping peacefully. Her hair was sprawling all over the pillow but the view was too cute for Mina to resist.

     Her hand’s reaching for the soft locks of the blonde, caressing it with a heartful feeling. It feels like she will burst with loves because of so much blessing that she felt this morning.

     The latter felt the touch, unconciously snuggles closer into the arms of the person that holding her close. Mina was worried if she woke up the latter but her question was answered with soft snores. Mina continued watching her wife sleep soundly. But later, the said girl stirred in her sleep and eventually opened her eyes, only to curve a happy smile on her lips.

 

“Morning, honey.” She greeted. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

 

     “It feel surreal. I can’t believe that you are finally here, beside me.” Mina smiled the same smile that Momo had missed so much. The smile that made her falling in love over and over again.

     Momo used her left arm to support her body up, leaning closer to plant a kiss on her wife’s forehead.

     “It’s okay. I’m here now. I won’t go anywhere in the mean time.” She said the words of reassurance, so Mina won’t have to be worried again. Especially since she’s pregnant for seven months.

“Promise?”

“Pinky promise.” Momo said, hooking her pinky with Mina’s.

* * *

     “Are you going to be okay? You just landed three days ago.” Mina sounds worried as she watching Momo wearing her suits from the bed. She saw how Momo struggled with the necktie so she decided to fix it for her.

     As her delicate hand reaching for the soft fabric, Momo’s eyes never left her, watching every movements made by the younger girl.

     “I’ll be fine. I’m strong anyways.” She replied with a cheeky smile.

     “Even so, I’m still worried for you.” Mina said, fixing the tie for the last time before patting the older girl’s chest lightly.

     “It’s just a mini interview. Nothing big and too exhausting.” Momo replied. “I’ll be back before dinner, okay? Take care of yourself.”

     Mina watched as Momo wore her shining black shoes, giving her a sweet smile.

     “Is there anything you want? I’ll get them on my way home.” The latter stood up straight, looking at her wife with soft gaze. Mina had her hand on top of her baby bump, caressing it with so much love which made Momo’s smile even wider.

     “No for now. But I will tell Sana if I want anything.”

Hearing Mina’s answer, the young astronaut frowned.

     “You don’t have to tell Sana. I’m here now. Just dial me up if you crave for something, okay?” Momo retaliated. She doesn’t mean any harm on Sana— she even helped Mina a few times when Momo was not there— but it just that, Momo don’t want to cause any trouble anymore for their best friend. Since she’s now here.

     “Alright, worrywart. I will immediately call you.” Mina smiled, completely understood of what Momo just did. “Now go. They must be waiting for you. Take care, Momoring.”

     Momo leaned forward and planted a kiss on her wife’s forehead. It last for a few seconds before she knelt down and placed a hand on Mina’s bloating tummy.

     “Hey there, baby girl. Papa is going off to work now. Take a good care of Mama, okay?” She kisses it softly. “I love you.”

     She stood up feeling all satisfied. “I’m sorry. I will spend more time with you after everything have been taken care of. Bye, love.”

     Momo gave one last lingering kiss on the younger girl’s lips before disappearing into the black sedan car that has been waiting for her quite awhile.

* * *

     The young astronaut was found sitting in the waiting room, wearing her glasses as she read through the questions that will be asked later. There was no other occupant in the room other than herself and a few staffs and the stylist that was working on her make up and such.

     “It felt like I’m a celebrity now,” Momo chuckled as the staff finished doing touch up on her face.

     “You’re really a celebrity now, Dr Hirai. Everyone admires you now.” The staff replied with an amusing laugh. Everything was fine until there was a knock on the door and a head poking from behind the door.

     “You got five more minutes. Please be ready.” The staff said before leaving the room.

Momo sighed. “Okay, let’s do this!”

* * *

DR HIRAI MOMO INTERVIEW FOR SBS

[Recording]

 

MC: Good evening, everyone. Today we’ve got a special guest, coming from far away, from a place that you can’t even imagine. Today with me, the youngest astronaut for our country, Dr Hirai Momo!

MM: Good evening, everybody. Thank you for having me here. *smiles*

MC: No no no! It’s really an honour to meet you. We from the production team are very grateful for having such a young intelligence astronaut to be with us here.

MM: Ah, you’re fluttering me so much, MC-nim. I’m not that smart.

MC: You really deserves the compliment anyways. By the way, let’s get into the questions. Are you ready?

MM: Yes, let’s start.

MC: So, the first question is... is it your dream to be an astronaut?

MM: Hmm... maybe yes or maybe no.

MC: Oh, why?

MM: My first dream when I was a middle schooler is to be a fire fighter. But then in high

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter