Fool

Fool

 

It's all started when Youngjae was celebrating his coming of age. Being too excited as he always been to drink the alcohol Yongguk had always warned the maknae-line not to touch before they hit their legal age, he ended up drinking too much, with such a low alcohol tolerance he discovered he had.

 

He and Youngjae weren't that close. He somehow felt awkward with the vocalist. Everyone knew it yet Yongguk still asked him a favour to stay in the dorm with Youngjae and call him in case something happens while the other members went to the studio to record their new song. Junhong found it was a waste of time to watch over Youngjae gulping down alcohol as if it was milk. Yet he still did it.

Also it didn't really take that much of his time since the older yet smaller guy started to talk nonsense after his second glass. Since then, he assumed that when Youngjae gets drunk, he'd get hilariously mad at everything. And surprisingly affectionate.

 

Or. . . clingy?

 

"Himchan hyung always nag at me. Always just me. Daehyun is just as annoying as me! But hyung is always targetting me!"

 

They were sitting on the floor, leaning their backs against the couch. Junhong watched a new reality show on the tv. "It's because you break everything you touch whenever you get excited," Junhong chuckled as he remembered all Himchan's things that got destroyed because of him. "the problem is, you get excited over anything, hyung."

"You can't blame me my mom raised me well as a happy baby~ She changed my diapers while singing birthday song. Everyday is my birthday. Everyday is an exciting day!" Youngjae wanted to pour another glass but Junhong took the bottle away, the older pouted and looked like he could cry in any moment. "Why don't you drink too? Why are you just watching?" He glared at the younger through his long bangs, pointing his finger at Junhong's nose. Junhong shrugged, "I'm still underage, remember?"

"Then give it to meeee!" Youngjae whined and threw a fit when Junhong didn't give it back to him. And after what felt like an hour of whining, fake-crying and such things. Youngjae crossed his arms, his frown got deeper. "I'm tired."

Then the most shocking moment in Junhong's life begins.

Youngjae threw himself into Junhong's chest, hugging him like a child. And Junhong felt something plushy and wet on his cheek. He felt like he'd just got struck by lightning as he realized what was happening.

Youngjae just kissed him on the cheek. He clenched his fists as his breath hitched and,, did his heart just beat faster?

"You're so warm, and comfy, I feel like I'm hugging a huge bear! Let me squish you, big gorilla! Squish squish sqwuishh!!"

 

 

The next morning Youngjae woke up with funny feelings. He remembered everything and made fun of Junhong's terrified face.

 

He and Youngjae weren't that close.

But that time had changed everything. Junhong figured out that there was no need to be so awkward when the other was that friendly. They became so close to the point he couldn't even remember the time they ever had an awkward relationship as now Youngjae didn't hesitate to kiss his cheek whenever he found him being cute.

And he didn't like it. He was sure about that. He made sure he put on a disgusted face every time Youngjae pecked his cheek.

 

 

 

When he talked about it on a radio show, Youngjae got surprisingly shy and he said he will stop kissing him. He really did stopped.

A part of him wanted to ask why he stopped so easily when just yesterday the older acted like he could die if he didn't kiss his cheek at least once in a day. But he decided to not ask. He should have been glad Youngjae stopped kissing him. He never liked the kisses anyway. He was sure about that. No?

 

Weeks after, when Youngjae got drunk at the bar and kissed Junhong's cheek again, Junhong realized just how much he'd missed that kiss.

"Hyung, stop drinking."

"Ow, Junhong is hereeee!" Youngjae snuggled closer, hugged his shoulders and pouted his lips cutely to kiss his right cheek. The corner of Junhong's lips lifted up into a small smile.

Maybe he did like Youngjae's kisses, after all.

"You're drunk. Stop it or you'll get a headache tomorrow."

While they were on a ride home, he wondered why he unconsciously always making sure Youngjae would get tipsy and drunk like that only with him.

Was he afraid Youngjae would kiss someone who is not him? Did he not want the older to kiss anyone else? Why did Youngjae kept kissing him, anyway? Was that brotherly kiss? Were brothers usually do that? His real brother never kissed him, though? Just by the thought of his brother kissing him was making him want to punch his brother. But on the contrary, as much as he told himself he didn't like Youngjae's kisses, he didn't hate it to that extent. What made Youngjae's kisses different?

He stopped his train of thought when he felt Youngjae shifted beside him. Junhong let out a sigh before he felt himself tensing up again when he heard the older mumbled.

"Love you,".

And silence. The tension became thick it was almost suffocating. Junhong had a lot in his mind it annoyed him. It annoyed him to think the older might not mean it the way he wanted it to mean. The members said 'i love you's to each others often but he didn't know why he felt this bitter right now.

"You sure talk a lot of nonsense when you are drunk, hyung".

 

 

 

 

When Junhong finally hit his legal age the next year, Youngjae wanted to take him out drinking, and so they made a plan after their schedules.
Beside the fact Junhong felt a pinch at his heart every time Youngjae kissed his cheeks, everything was still the same. They never talked about what happened during that ride. Maybe Youngjae didn't even remember about it. Junhong didn't want to remember it, either.

He didn't think drinking with Youngjae would be a bad idea until both of them got tipsy and Youngjae started to kiss him on the cheek again. He didn't know what came over him when he shoved Youngjae away.

"Stop it! Do you know how much I hate it!?"

And the hurt in Youngjae's eyes washed all his drunkenness away. But Youngjae left before he could even say anything.

 

He didn't mean it like that, he knew he didn't mean to say it like that. But Youngjae was running away from him. They were living at the same dorm but he felt so far away from him. They weren't talking at all for days because Youngjae was avoiding him every time he wanted to talk to him. They were back to the stage one. Treating each other like strangers again.

 

 

The problem they had with their company made it worse. Nobody saw it coming. They filed a lawsuit against the company but TS was slow to respond, too much excuses, making them gone hiatus for only God knew how long.

To say Junhong was frustrated about it was an understatement. He badly wanted them to stay as a group. He wanted them to beat their agency and come back for their fans.
And he wanted to meet Youngjae again. He was afraid if he didn't see him soon then he'd lose his chance to make it up to him and to ever see him again.

His feelings were now becoming clear. He missed Youngjae so much.

He missed him so much.

He liked, loved him so much.

 

 

 

The day came when Junhong got a phone call from the said person he'd thought about all the time. He wasn't surprised when he heard sniffles from the other line. He kind of expected it from one of the group's crybabies, but it didn't make it hurt less to hear the other's sobs. He immediately asked where Youngjae was right now, and by the slightly slurred words the older let out, he knew he was drinking. He got up and went to the place Youngjae had told him, the place where he and Youngjae were drunk on his coming of age months ago. It suddenly hit him that it had been almost half a year and they hadn't talked to each other since. It made him want to arrive faster then take Youngjae into his arms and never letting him go again.

When entered the private room in their friend's bar, Junhong sighed in both relief and sadness when he saw the vocalist hides his face. It was the first time Youngjae didn't happily jumping or clapping while giggling to see him when he was drunk. It was the first time Youngjae didn't kiss him on the cheek but instead tried to make himself invisible while crying. His heart dropped upon seeing the other boy hurting like that.

"You came." Youngjae's whisper was almost inaudible.

Junhong approached him and pulled him into his arms after making sure Youngjae didn't flinch away at his touch. "Of course I came. What made you think I wouldn't?"

"I thought you hated me," Youngjae's voice cracked and he sniffled again. Junhong his shaking back up and down.

"I would never. Also, you were the one pushing me off whenever I wanted to talk to you. I thought you hated me" Junhong pulled Youngjae out his embrace a little to make the older look up to him. Youngjae's red and puffy eyes looking back at him. He bit the insides of his cheeks as all emotions was poured all over him. He missed Youngjae so much.

That was the first time Youngjae didn't kiss his cheek. But it was also the first time Junhong kissed him.

On the lips.

Wiping the tears off Youngjae's pink cheeks with his thumbs. The smaller boy put his small hand on top of his left hand. Junhong smiled as the older slowly closed his eyes and returned the kiss. He looked even more beautiful up close.

 

"I didn't mean it like that, hyung." He said when he broke the kiss, but their lips were still only an inch apart.

"Didn't mean what?" Youngjae was still dazed.

"When I said I hate it," Junhong brushed the older's bangs with his forefinger before his eyes went down to Youngjae's puffy lips. "what I meant I hated is not your kisses, but I felt like you kissed me like I was a kid. You treated me like a child, I hate it."

Youngjae stared at him for a long time, observing him with his eyes and he suddenly stood up. Junhong following him right after as Youngjae's hand were pulling him, asking him to stand up. He stared down at the older's eyes. Youngjae tiptoe-ed and pecked his lips.

"Well, you're right. You're not a child at all. Look at your height," he teased.

​​​​And Junhong kissed Youngjae's lips once again, eating them up like there's no tomorrow.

His thin lips felt so right against Youngjae's plump ones.

 

 

***

 

 

"When he gets drunk, he would say 'I love you, bro' and then he'd kiss my cheek." Junhong said, in front of so many fans, earning screams and coos from them.

Youngjae forced himself to laugh. How many times had Junhong exposed him like that? He walked closer to Junhong with his arms open, Junhong's arm sneaked around Youngjae's waist, his body bowing down a little to match the older's height naturally as the latter tiptoe-ed to him. Welcoming Youngjae to kiss his cheek even though he was saying it was the thing that always makes him cringe just a moment ago.

"I can do it even when I'm sober."

 

They both knew better that they could kiss each other freely whenever they want now. And not only on the cheeks. The fans don't have to know about it.

 

 

 

 


I repeated the 'He didn't like it' part so many times to make it obvious that Junhong was in denial and he thought he didn't like the kisses but he literally just didn't like how Youngjae kissed him like a mom kissing her child. It made him thought that Youngjae only saw him as a little brother. He didn't like it and wanted more. (but he didn't know that actually Youngjae had a crush on him!).

WE GOT AN ADORABLE GAY CONTENT AND IT'S SUCH A PITY TO NOT WRITE ANYTHING ABOUT IT!! And my angsty just had to bring the lawsuit up *cries*, forgive me