Childhood Friend

We Can Go Anywhere

Hello there, my name is Rose Min and today I am 21 years old. I actually have a childhood best friend that I grew up with and his name is Jeon Jungkook. Jungkook is just a day older than me and today it's his birthday that is September 1. 

I remember how we used to celebrate his birthday together with just us and our families. We were so close and we share a lot of secrets with each other. We're practically like brother and sister. 

But apparently things change now. 

Me and Jungkook never talk nor text or see each other since the day he debuted. I always send him text messages but he never reply it, I understand that he's busy with his schedule because he's a star an idol. He dreamed about being a singer since he was little and he always had my support. 

"Oppa I wish that you will be a successful pop singer someday then we will be best friends forever, you would take me to places I've never been then I could hang out at your studio. Omg we can be a famous best friend." I laughed. 

Jungkook giggled, "Thanks for the support."

I pouted looking at him, "Promise me if one day you become famous, you won't forget about me." I said. 

He nodded then pinched my cheek, "I will never forget you dummy. You're my best friend." 

And with that, he never call me or even bother to know what I'm doing with my life. I watch him dancing on TV with s, they are very talented. I am proud that he achieved his dream but at the same time I'm sad because he forgot about me. 

"Happy birthday Jungkook." I called him multiple times again he didn't answer my calls so I sent him another voicemail. 

I went outside of my house because my mother called me to give her a help with watering the flowers. Our customers love buying flowers from us and that my mother loves flower so much. She named me Rose. 

I look to my right and sighed when I see Jungkook's old house. His parents move out from there since the day Jungkook decided to move to Seoul and start his career. It's been years since I've heard of them. I wonder how Mr & Mrs Jeon is doing right now and his older brother. 

"Rose, we have an order for 21 roses. We need more fresh roses to begin with. Could you help me deliver it to the customer next week. I just need to get the 21 roses wrapped nicely. I'll give you the address when I'm done." My mom sad. 

I nodded, "Sure mom, no worries."

Me and my mother have been starting the flowers business since I was little, my dad left us for another young woman. So me and my mother need to make our own money just to support ourselves. 

But for some reason that really hit me hard, I always questioned myself. Is me and my mother not that good enough? Because why do people always left us without a word. 

It's been five years since the last time I saw Jungkook. I wonder if he ever think of me, he grew up with me.