Not Evil

They Call Me Villain

“Hey,” Woojin frowned slightly as he opened the balcony door, “what’s wrong?”

“Nothing,” Chan said, eyes never leaving the city before him, “just thinking about stuff.”

“Which means that something’s wrong,” Woojin sighed, closing the door behind him and taking a seat beside the other man, “and don’t lie to me, Bang Chan. I know you.”

“It’s the anniversary of my parents’ deaths,” Chan replied after a long silence, “I’m just……..I miss them.”

“You don’t talk about them a lot,” Woojin said, trying to be careful with his words so that he didn’t make Chan feel worse.

“It’s hard,” the slightly younger man replied, “they…….they loved me so much. And Felix. Them and Lix’s parents were the only ones who loved us growing up. The only ones who thought that we weren’t evil.”

“You aren’t evil,” Woojin couldn’t help but interrupt.

“I know,” Chan smiled slightly, “and I know you and the others know that. But back then…….back then it was just our parents. The kids at school, the other parents, the teachers……even random people around town. As soon as people found out about what Felix and I could do……they hated us. But never my parents. Never Lix’s parents.” He sighed, “and then they were gone.”

“What happened?” the older man asked.

“Officially?” Chan scowled, “car crash. The road was wet and their car went off the road. They died instantly and there wasn’t anyone around to report a crash so the local cops didn’t show up for hours.”

“You don’t think so?”

“I don’t know,” Chan sighed, “it wouldn’t be insane to think that it wasn’t. I’ve been around, Jin. I’ve seen things, heard things. People have been killed before for having powers like mine or Felix or Hyunjin. Their families, too. It’s totally possible that someone thought I was in that car and decided to wipe out a villain. Or it could have been an accident and I’m just……projecting or something.”

“It’s not your fault,” Woojin said, unsure of what else to say to that.

“I know,” Chan smiled softly, taking Woojin’s hand, “but….thanks for saying that.”

“I’ll help you find out,” Woojin promised, “I’ll help you find police reports and crime scene photos or whatever else could be out there.”

“Jin,” Chan’s smile grew, “I….thank you.”

“For you,” Woojin grinned, “anything.”

A/N: finally got a 100% woochan chapter! and yeah, i'm not gonna let you 'bout Chan's parents. what happened is 100% up to you guys. total 'death of the author'.