Almost an Accident

They Call Me Villain

“Ah!” Felix screamed, dropping to the floor and hugging his hand to his chest.

“Felix?” Jisung asked, trying to figure out what had happened to his best friend, “are you alright?”

“Get away!” Felix shrieked when Jisung tried to get close to him, “please, get away from me!”

“Felix?” Chan yelled, rushing into the room, “what’s wrong?”

Get away!” Felix yelled when the other tried to get close, “get away for me!”

“What’s going on?” Sanghyuk asked as he ran into the room as well, Taekwoon and Woojin hot on his heels.

“Jisung?” Taekwoon asked, gathering the sobbing younger into his arms, “what happened?”

“I-I don’t know,” Jisung said, “I-I don’t know what I did.” Woojin moved to rub the younger’s back, hoping that the action would calm him.

“His glove,” Chan whispered, eyes locked onto his brother’s hands, “Lix, your gloves…….they didn’t come off.”

They almost did,” Felix replied, “they…..they could have. I could have hurt Jisung. Could have killed him.”

But you didn’t,” Chan assured him, slowly edging closer to the other, “you didn’t hurt anyone.”

Not this time,” Felix snapped, “but the next time? I could. I could kill someone.”

You won’t,” Chan said, finally pulling Felix into his arms, “I promise you.”

Eventually, Felix stopped crying and fell asleep in Chan’s arms. Taekwoon had taken Jisung out of the room at some point, ignoring the younger’s protests about wanting to stay with Felix. Woojin and Sanghyuk shared a long look before the leader left as well, trusting Woojin to handle things here while he looked after his brother.

“What happened?” Woojin asked, kneeling beside Chan and brushing some of the drying tears away from Felix’s face.

“His glove started to come off,” Chan explained, shifting Felix around a little bit so that he could gain access to the other’s hands and fix the piece of clothing, “he……he scared himself.”

“Because of what could happen,” Woojin frowned, “we know he’d never hurt us though.”

“You just,” Chan tried to explain it, “you don’t understand the fear people like us have when it comes to our powers. The idea that we’ll hurt someone we care about with them…….”

“True,” Woojin sighed, “I don’t get it. I can’t. Because my power hasn’t been demonized by everyone. I haven’t been taught to fear what I can do like you two have. I was only ever praised every time I used my power, told I could do amazing things and encouraged to do just that. You two……”

“I wish it was different,” Chan sighed sadly, leaning against Woojin, “I wish we didn’t have these powers. I especially wish Felix didn’t have this……this death touch. It’s not fair! He’s so kind and wonderful, so full of good, and he gets this as a power? It’s not fair!”

Woojin could only hug his friends, mind filled with the same thought. All Chan wanted was to do good, yet he was given a power many saw as evil and treated like a villain for the moment his power appeared. Felix was everything Chan said he was, yet he had a dangerous power that scared people. In what world was any of that fair? Why did two of the brightest, kindest people he knew have to be cursed like this?

“Sanghyuk will fix the system,” Woojin finally said, “and our family will fix the both of you.”

The next day, Sanghyuk brought home several different types of gloves for Felix to try. He also talked to Felix in length about what had happened, assuring the youngest that they all loved him and no one would ever hate or fear him. Felix’s problems weren’t magically fixed by this talk, many more talks were needed over the years to reassure him that he was loved and wanted, but it was a start.

A/N: I know I mentioned this in the author’s note in Chan and Felix’s chapter, but I just……I needed to write it out, ya know?