Final 1.2

Regret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun is a journalism student at prestigious school back in Los Angeles. As her school's program, she was chosen to be one of the exchange students to enhance her skills and know the other environment of her degree. But as someone who doesn't know Korea well, she doesn't go to any places except school and dorm. She makes a lot of friends but mostly from the same department only. Besides, the program is only for six months. She's not sure if she can even stay for a long time. She's someone who really loves to study either way and she doesn't want any disturbance of that.

 

[Do you still remember Taehyung?] Until one call from parents made her thought of something else while she's in korea.

 

 

***

 

 

"Give me one good reason why I will meet you at that music store?" One doe-eyed, asks to her friend on the next line while lying on her comfy sofa, watching a baseball match on TV for few hours now ever since she returned home in her apartment. She had a tough day again as a senior College student and just want to spend the rest of her afternoon watching some sports program and relax. But her not so good friend, Kim Taehyung just have to call her and ask her to come at a certain music store.

 

[You will not regret coming here.] Taehyung answered with a giggle.

 

The doe-eyed raise one brow without leaving her eyes to the TV screen. "What kind of a joke is that?"

 

[This isn't a joke, Im Yoona. You really should come here, otherwise, you will regret this the entire of your life!] Taehyung warned.

 

"Seriously? Just tell me what is it about? I am not leaving my apartment unless you tell me, Kim Taehyung." The doe-eyed playfully replied, not buying it. She slowly lifted up her body to take her seat and grabs the bowl of popcorn. "An important baseball match is happening right now. Don't you think that can wait?" And put a handful of popcorn into carelessly.

 

[Yeah right, you would rather miss to see me than that, eh? You're the best friend I ever had.]

 

"Who cares about you?" She replied along with a laugh.

 

[Okay, let's just make a deal. If you come here and you will regret, I will give you my allowance for next month. But if you come here and you don't regret, I will double it. So, are you not going here or-]

 

"Where exactly are you?" She just instantly changed her mind after learning about the deal. It's something Taehyung doesn't do always. She has to grab the opportunity. "It's not that far right? You know I only use my bike." She checks her wrist watch and finds out it's almost three in the afternoon.

 

Taehyung laughs on the next line. [Just a couple of blocks from our school. You already know that, idiot! Come here in thirty minutes!] And with that, he ended the call himself.

 

"Aish!" Putting aside the bowl, she rushed to her room and rummage on her closet. She took a white hoodie shirt and skinny jeans and put them on in just a couple of seconds. She however checks herself in front of the mirror to fix her hair and hastily grabs her keys on her apartment before leaving. In just a couple of minutes, she made herself out of the building and is pedaling too fast her bike with a fierce look, as if she's on a race and the prize is gold.

 

 

-

 

 

45 minutes later - Yoona is panting for air the moment she arrived in front of the store. She didn't mind she's late as she takes her time to return the air she loses. It was tiring but she hopes it's going to be worth it.

 

Moments later, she composes herself and finally made her way in. "Where the hell is that idiot?" Mumbles her as she started to scan the store, wherein she realizes that there are more students in the store than casual costumers. However, she couldn't find her friend. She almost curses so loud if her eyes didn't land to a figure, standing in the side, wearing a headphone and is singing the song she's listening to. She couldn't understand what's going on but she finds herself mesmerized, and she didn't realize, her lips are parted apart, couldn't looked away from stranger anymore. It's as if she was being targeted by the cupid's arrow, her heart is beating unusually in a good way. Everything is like in a movie - she's having this love at first sight. And her legs are moving for her closer and closer until she's just one reach away.

 

When the apple of her eyes turned her head towards her and their eyes meet in an instant, she almost loses her balance. But she looked away and searched for Taehyung again, so she won't think she had been staring at her.

 

"Excuse me?" However, the stranger speaks that literally startled her.

 

"Y-Yes?" She stammers as she replied, while trying her best to act cool. But she fails miserably.

 

"Were you the friend my cousin is talking about?"

 

Yoona blink a couple of times, quiet not sure if she's talking about Taehyung or not.

 

"Kim Taehyung." It seems the stranger got her actions and mentioned the name. "He's my cousin." For the first time, she smiled at her.

 

"Oh, T-Taehyung. Yes. He's my friend and I am looking for him." Yoona said and smiled back, but is blushing embarrassingly. "You're his cousin, then?" Because obviously, she knew she was staring at her earlier.

 

The stranger stretched her hand out, "I'm Seo Joohyun, Seohyun for short." Introducing herself, so friendly.

 

"Im Yoona." Taking her hand, the doe-eyed gently shakes their hands together, secretly feeling like she's going to faint at any moment. "His friend. Um, b-basically we're classmates... " She hesitantly let go but is regretful because she immediately missed her smooth and soft skin against hers.

 

"Oh, so you're an engineering student?" Seohyun cutely smiled. "I am an exchange student for three months now at Dongguk."

 

"Really?" Yoona is surprised. "Why Taehyung just mentioned this to me? Dongguk is just too near from our school." As if her friend told her about his cousin, she pretended.

 

"Taehyung and I aren't that close. Both and I are busy with studies either way... But since our parents ask us a favor to hang out some time, I decided to come to this store as what he said on the phone call. Looks like he intentionally set us up." Seohyun shakes her head in disbelief. She only looked forward getting some coffee with her cousin but it seems not the case.

 

"Aish, that idiot." Said Yoona but quickly apologize after it. "I-I I'm sorry. It was our nickname for each other." Sheepishly smiling.

 

Seohyun giggles, "It's okay. I would definitely call him like that too." she just played it along. "But he's not also just actually an idiot, he's also a lazy bummer!" And she couldn't help but share it.

 

"I know right? So, what's your plan?" Yoona doesn't know what to do and asks. "I mean, he really seemed want us to hang out rather than you guys." She chuckled softly. Who would have thought her friend just set her up with someone rather than giving her the allowance he mentioned on the phone? It's quite ridiculous but she however finds herself want to spend her time with the beautiful lady.

 

"Aren't we doing it now?"

 

"Eh?"

 

Seohyun can't help and smile in amusement. "Do you love music?" So, she decided to brushed off that question and smoothly offers the headset.

 

"I do. But I'm not a singer." Yoona shamelessly replied.

 

"Yah, you don't have to be a singer to love music."

 

"Well, you were singing earlier. And honestly you have a lovely voice."

 

The straightforward compliment caused Seohyun to be fluttered and she's quiet shy. "T-Thank you."

 

"I was just telling you the truth. You must be a singer from your previous life." Yoona cheerfully smiled as she took the headset and put it on her head. Her lips curved into a sweet smile once she heard the song. Because apparently the song 'I was made for loving you' is also the same song she had been listening these past days. She slowly finds herself staring back at her and she realizes she had been staring at her, that gives her butterflies on her stomach. 'Oh dear, what's... happening?'

 

I was made for loving you
Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through
Every bone screaming (I don't know what we should do)
All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

 

'Is this... what they call that thing?' Seohyun also thought, having the same feeling as hers.

 

 

***

 

 

6 years later - Yoona sure never regretted she went to that music store. She had the best decision she ever had done because that day, that very moment is the beginning of their friendship and the start of their feelings that got deeper each day passes they spend together. It was all worth it. Heck, it took five months however before they dated because none of them couldn't confessed easily. There are some rough roads here and there, including jealousy and misunderstandings they couldn't avoid. But when they finally confessed their feelings, they instantly become a couple.

 

"Sweetie, what are we going to do tonight?" She asks sweetly while they're walking the hallway of her girlfriend's company working place, hand in hand. Since the latter is a writer of a certain news evening show, she usually ends her work at eight in the evening and she's always the one fetching her.

 

Seohyun let go of the deer's hand and grabs her arm rather as she leans into her shoulder's blade. "Your apartment or mine?" She playfully asks while smiling foolishly. Both of them are owning apartments respectively because they have their families visiting them. Dating Yoona is just easy but when it comes to privacy, it's sometimes difficult, since both of their families are supporting their relationship and sometimes meddle with their relationship, especially when they fight over some things. They would always be the first people to know and advise them.

 

"My parents are back from our hometown, how about yours?" Yoona has the same smile on her face.

 

"Aish, my grandpa plans to go back this weekend." Seohyun said as she sighs. "So it's your apartment tonight, baby." But enthusiastically announced it. They both stopped in front of the elevator and has this wide yet mischievous grin plastered on their faces.

 

It just took an hour and half of drive and they arrived at the doe-eyed's apartment. They never waste their time and they went to the kitchen and together, they made their favorite french dessert called Peach Melba. It's dessert of peaches and raspberry sauce with vanilla ice cream. It became their favorite dessert because of their 6 months of culinary class. It's also the only dessert that perfected during the class.

 

"Hold on." While having their masterpiece in a comfortable seat in the living room, Seohyun's phone suddenly rings under her pocket and she showed the screen to her girlfriend. "The idiot." She chuckled together with the deer.

 

"Don't answer it." Yoona playfully told her girlfriend as she feeds her with the dessert.

 

Without a doubt, Seohyun ignored the call and put aside her device. She sweetly feeds her girlfriend back, wiping the corner of her lips in the process. She gasps when the doe-eyed suddenly captured her lips without giving her a warning. She giggles as she pulled away. "What's up?

 

"5 years ago, I thought this will not happen." Yoona whispers as she held her girlfriend's face gently. "I always told myself to wait for the right one before I commit into a relationship... You don't have any idea how dating you changes my life... how you change everything about me." her smile is warm and grateful. She thought graduating college and reaching her dream will be just a normal thing for her but it was extra special when Seohyun came to her life. She's like her inspiration for everything besides her parents.

 

"Same." A genuine and sweet smile formed in Seohyun's lips. She pecks at the doe-eyed's lips and continued, "I did not honestly expect meeting you will be like this. That day, I thought it's just really something that will only disappear the next day. But it stays there... until I realize I couldn't miss a day without seeing you anymore. And every day, I just learned something new about you... which is indeed crazy." she pinched her nose playfully as she giggles.

 

"I'm not bad influencing you... am I?" Yoona chuckled softly.

 

"We'll, I end up stay here for good... We're both influencing each other." Seohyun claimed earning a cute pout from the doe-eyed. She cups her cheeks and squeezed it. "That's why you are my rilakkuma. So fluffy." Giggles her at the same time. "Can I put you into my pocket? Just like when you put me into the luggage?" she reminded her, recalling that her girlfriend put her inside the luggage so they can escape from eyes of their parents during a family dinner.

 

"Oh, don't remind me with that. I already regretted that... " Yoona shakes her head and giggles back. "Ans I don't think I can breathe. Please don't do it. I still want to live with you."

 

"You are talking about air?" Seohyun finds it unfair and chuckles. "It's even you who always takes my breath away."

 

"Geez, you're talking like that, now?" Yoona mischievously smiled.

 

Seohyun took another spoon of their dessert and feeds the deer. "Stop talking like you don't know that." Her cheeks are blushing in the process.

 

Yoona took her girlfriend's hand and give it a sweet and loving kiss. "I love you. I love you, I love you... I love you." Before she said those words while looking back those lovely gazes before her. Seohyun pulled her for a warm and lingering hug, which made her smile spread on her face.

 

"I love you more, Im Yoona." came Seohyun's whispers that cause the deer to tighten the hug and kissed her cheek sweetly. Her smile is as wide as the deer. Truly, she has never been this happy with someone. First love is indeed the sweetest thing.

 

Yoona pulled back after a couple of minutes silence and surprised the younger one from carrying her in a bridal style and heads to her bedroom.

 

"Im Yoona, you know this is not a good idea." Seohyun warned while sending her girlfriend a warning look.

 

"I know." Yoona grinned and put the latter on the bed. "But I want do something." She whispered on her ear and she kissed her lips lovingly before she went to the closet and took something that made her girlfriend gasp.

 

"Are you kidding me?" Seohyun couldn't believe she's seeing a manga book she had been trying to buy but because of her busy schedule, she couldn't find time.

 

"You love it. So, I thought of buying it when I saw it yesterday and since you gifted me also a jacket last time on my birthday. I wanted to repay it. No need to whine that you forgot to buy this book again and again. Cause it's here." Yoona chuckled. It had been two months of whining from her girlfriend.

 

Seohyun accepted her gifted wholeheartedly and jumps off of the bed to throw her arms around the doe-eyed, almost losing her balance. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, sweetie. Appreciate it so much. I love you so much."

 

"You are happy?" Yoona playfully replied which caused from the younger to pull back and looked at her.

 

"Don't I look happy for you?" Seohyun showed her widest smile.

 

Yoona laughs. "Not too obvious, sweetie." She ruffles her hair and then pinches those puffy cheeks she always loves to pinch.

 

"Wait. Shouldn't we celebrate this?"

 

"What should we celebrate?"

 

"Yah! Didn't I know your project was the only project approved by your president?" Seohyun hits her girlfriend's shoulder. "I can't believe you are not planning to tell me that tonight. This is also the reason you bought this manga for me, wasn't it?" She while wiggling her eyebrows.

 

"Who told you?" Yoona is surprised to learn. "Aish, don't tell me it's-"

 

"Taehyung have spilled it during out phone call at lunch time. So, don't blame me or him I learned this."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter