The Real Chapter 2

The Real Edward Lee

PIERCE

"I want you all to meet your new classmate, Edward Lee," Miss Lopez introduces our new classmate and all of our eyes went wide as the student lift his head.

"Kindly introduce yourself to the class," Miss Lopez asked the student.

The student roams his eyes all around the room as if checking us all one by one. When our eyes met, I don't know why but I felt a chill coursing through my body. I am shivering as I look at him and he locks his eyes on me.

"How can such eyes contains so much sadness and pain but still be devoid of emotion?" I thought as I was looking at him.

"Hi. I am Edward Lee," his voice gives me shiver too as he introduced himself with such a deep and emotionless voice.

"Woah! Is he really Edward Lee?"

"Am I dreaming right now? The famous Edward Lee? Really?"

"Is he really the son of the world's richest man?"

"OMG! So our new classmate is the famous heir of Lee Companies, Inc.?"

"OMG! OMG! This is so cool!"

All of my classmates are whispering these things about our new classmate and yes, they're all right! In front of us is the famous only son of Mr. Drake Lee and the heir to the  famous Lee Companies, Inc. Even I myself was so shocked when he lifted his head awhile ago.

"But I heard that he is too snob and an introverted person?" Charlotte whispered to her bestfriend, Claire.

"Yeah! I heard that rumor, too.  Also, I heard that he even avoids having direct contact with people and as as possible he hides away from the people who tried to approach him," Claire whispered back.

"Woah! Now that's an juicy gossip for me, huh? I never knew that thing," Pierce thought as he glanced back at the new student standing in front who is already looking down again as if he is afraid of looking into someone's eyes.

"Ssshh! Class quiet!" Miss Lopez said because I think that she also thinks that the situation is awkward for the neophyte since he can hear the so-called "whispering" of the class. "Mr. Lee is not yet finish introducing himself," she added. "anything to add, Mr. Lee?" Ms. Lopez asked Edward calmly as if she's afraid that she'll break him if she talks harshly.

Edward immediately raises his head and look at our teacher as he utter stuttering, "A-actually I-i don't have anything to say a-anymore," then he bows his head again. I just shake my head at how naive this guy is.

"Oh right!" Ms. Lopez flustered. "Hmmmm... How about you tell us where and what you are studying before you transfer to Willford Academy?"

"O-oh! I actually don't go to school. I am studying at home and I am studying mainly on Biology, focusing on Microbiology and specializing in Food Microbiology," Edward said that left the whole class in awe and just stare at him amazed--well, except me! What to stare at? I know that most of the famous people do homeschooling so it's not a big issue to me anymore. I don't know why the whole class was acting like that.

"Psh!" I just said as I lean on my chair and pretend not to care at all--okay! Lemme erase that because I don't really care at all! The next thing I just heard is Ms. Lopez asking Edward where he wanna sit. This time I looked at Edward. This is no time to be intimidated again by those eyes although it's the saddest and most emotionless eyes I saw in my entire life. I moved the chair beside me close to me as I put my feet on the chair's armrest and raised my eyebrows while looking at him with my arms crossed. I hope he gets the message that I don't want him to sit beside me. Edward immediately avoids my eye contact and proceed on sitting on the opposite side of where I am sitting. Of course he had no choice. The only vacant seat is the one beside me and the other two seats on the opposite side of the last row in line with my seat near the back door of the room so basically Edward was sitting two chairs away from me on the opposite side side near the window. I just smirked. It's good that he understands my warning. I don't want to have any seatmate because they just want to become famous as the seatmate of the school's ace player and the next thing you know they are already asking for your photos and autograph to sell. Sorry not sorry but I know I am famous in this school so you can't blame me if I think that way.

As soon as Edward sat, Ms. Lopez calls everyone attention and formally starts the class.