Food For Thought

LoveLine

*SUKI’S POV*

*Scrolls through instagram* If I’m being honest, there’s nothing very interesting about Instagram. It’s just been a distraction for me, I’ll have a laugh at some videos mainly ones with cheesy old vines but none of that Lele Pons bull. This all started because Last year when I was 15, I had a major Mukbang phase where I would just lay down on my bed and watch people eat. I wouldn’t do it for hours on end just until it got boring. I watched a lot though and a lightbulb popped into my head when I was watching some guy eat fried chicken. I should maybe make a mukbang page. It just made sense, all my friends loved mukbangs, a lot of people do. So after school, I took off my bra, changed into comfortable clothing and made my new Instagram page, ‘Mukbang Lover’. I decided my first post had to be iconic, like a Shane Dawson conspiracy video. It had to be something everyone liked, MCDONALDSSSS. I surfed the interwebs and found this nice Mcdonald’s Mukbang, it was by some small asian chick who must’ve had the fastest metabolism in the world. I took a clip of the video, it was at the part where she was starting to eat her McChicken and put a caption. The caption was just me saying how I’ve been wanting to do this for ages, blah blah. I didn’t expect much from the video but it got 789 views. I felt happy, I mean it wasn’t the best accomplishment but anything is good when you’re a high school student barely passing. It was only a couple of weeks after my first post that I suddenly hit 50K! Then a month later 100K and now 3 months into my Mukbang page I’ve hit 180K followers. 

*DEANS POV*

*Scrolls through instagram* For me, Instagram is just some app I happen to have.  I wouldn’t call myself the most handsome guy on earth at all. People just seem to like my pictures. I also like other’s pictures too. The attention I get on Instagram is quite different to the attention I get in real life. I guess people can speak more behind a computer but not face to face. It’s just what I’ve noticed from a page called MukbangLover, she’s 16, introverted, kind of dumb but loves food. I love food too but that’s not why I followed her. I was just scrolling through Instagram and I saw some video of a girl eating mcdonalds. I didn’t pay much mind but the caption  I decided to read. The girl seemed so nervous and excited about opening up a Mukbang page. She kept on babbling on about how she’s been wanting to do it for awhile and hopes everyone likes the content. Kind of stupid but entertaining to say the least. I watched her progress grow all the way until she hit 180K, she did it so quickly I was kind of proud of her.