Mm to Mn

To you, Hirai Momo.

Oh Mina..
I um..
You have no idea how surprised i was when the mailman handed this to me and it was something else than a bill.
I ran into my house and sat down on the couch looking at it.
I saw it was from you and i felt overwhelmed.
Thought it's a mistake or something..
So i opened it and couldn't read through all of it without being surrounded by nostalgia.
It's been so long Mina-ya..
I feel like i've known you in another life
A lot can happen in two years
And a lot can stay the same.
I'm not with someone else either
Well it's not like we got to be something for me to make it sound like i'm excusing myself.
They took you from me too early.
Your parents...
Imagine my reaction when i found out they're moving too.
Following you to America 'cause your dad found this great job.
I' m happy for him, for your family as a whole
I just wish they didn't take my best friend without a warning.
First weeks were kind of bad.
I'm okay now so i don't remember clearly exactly what i felt back then
But i do know that i didn't want to go out as much.
Sana was always insisting we go and have some fun or just do something other than stay in the house and watch tv series.
She didn't succeed in the first two weeks.
The following one, i accepted
Thought maybe i'd feel better, take some fresh air.
So she took us to Nayeon's party
You know, that korean student we used to make fun of for being so narcissistic?
Well, her.
(Turns out she' s not that bad of a person)
I also met Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung and with time we got close. As in, we formed a good friendship.
Anyway, so back to my story.
That night, Sana obviously got wasted and Jeongyeon, like it seems, resembles a lot your friend, Jihyo. She took good care of Sana (she often does) and told me not to worry.
Okay, so i'm left alone and Nayeon approaches me, we talk a bit. I'm not really in the mood for talking or socialising in general.
And i don't remember much from then but long story short
She kissed me by the end of the night.
I kind of noticed she was being a bit too touchy and standing too close but didn't think much of it.
Anyway, Mina... And i tell you, even if i feel bad to voice out such thoughts.
I wanted to puke. Not because Nayeon is unattractive, cause we both know that's not the case. But the feeling of someone else THAT IS NOT YOU being like this to me felt like the weirdest thing.
I didn't kiss you so it's not like i know how good you were and had high expectations but..
My heart belonged to someone else.
To you.
So i rejected Nayeon kindly and good thing, she was a bit drunk so didn't get offended.
She did tell me the person i'm thinking about must be so lucky.
Yeah... I wouldn't say we're lucky. Not you, not me.
I got home around 2 am and collapsed in my bed and for the first time since you left, i cried.
I cried so hard, i let all the frustration out.
I missed you so bad.
It felt like a piece of me was ripped.
Felt my eyes burning and my chest aching.
Then i felt asleep and woke up empty.
Thank God i had a Sana in my life to keep me going.
She forced me to go to dancing classes (i missed some) and just put all my sadness into dance routines.
But even there.. I felt your presence missing.
I mean.. Obviously huh?
You were my parner after all.
For a while teacher asked for solo routines and i'm forever thankful.
Then Sana joined and i got paired up with her.
And between dance classes and our mafia band (consisting of Sana and those 3 korean girls i told you about) i had time for a job too.
I work in a restaurant.
Jeongyeon's dad restaurant to be more exact.
So that's about what changed since..
Nothing else.
Some people tried to get my number, or asked me on a date. But i think a part of me knew?
A part of me never stopped hoping that i'll get to be with you after all.
That it's me and you in the end.
I got smarter too, see? You can tell i'm not that much of a pabo as you two used to call me, right?
I wish you still knew me, Mina.
Every part of me that is new.

And yeees, Sana did try to kiss mee
I let her eventually
And she's not bad but i think she needs your lab friend, Dahyun, to practice with.
Oh i almost forgot, she did tell me to write back to you, to take Dahyun to Japan as well.
She got very interested in the girl and she knows you don't have bad taste in "choosing her women" as she put it.
Don't ask me how i put up with her for so long. It's a mistery for me too.
I actually think you should take them all
We'll be one big circle of friends
With us two hopefully being something more than that.
I'll wait for you, Mina.
I got your number from Sana.
Don't ask me why i avoided you this much.
I probably felt like if i put a real distance
Without seeing you on instagram or something.
It would be easier for my heart. To not have something to long for.
Sneaky my heart, though. She kept quiet, waiting for you. Waiting for this opportunity to get back on the track. Aahahh
It was bumbing so hard when i read your letter.
I thought "this is it, i'm not getting an endgame, i'm about to have a heart attack, i'll never eat jokbal again"
Oh and about jokbal. Do you know what are advantages of working in your dad's friend restaurant?
Well, for once, endless supplies of jokbal.
And actually having a good and healthy environment of work cause you're getting along with everybody.
But that's not that important
ENDLESS SUPPLIED OF JOKBAL, Minaaa
I'm a happy woman.
On the food field.
On the love field...
I'm sure i'll be a happy woman in two weeks.
I'm waiting for you, if i wasn't clear enough.
I'm excited and i hope this meeting will heal the both of us.
I can have a long distance relationship.
If you want, of course.
I felt such a big amount of happiness just from seeing something addressed to me by you.
I'd never want to let you go again.
We can face talk, and i'll send you memes or bad pictures with Sana.
I'm also planning on stealing some cats for your arrival.
I don't know why i talk so formal. Maybe i want to impress you
But don't worry, no matter how Harvard i seem now, i'm still a clown
With a degree, Jeongyeon taught me how to juggle. How random right?
I'll show you when you come.
Oh, and the thought of you coming back to Japan is gonna obsess around my mind for now on.
I'll prepare the perfect night for us in my head now.
I' ll probably take you on a nostalgic walk, talking about old memories that would feel fresh, holding your cold hand (i've always loved how you had cold hands, added bonus points to that vampire vibe you gave sometimes), take you to Chaeyoung's band practice or performance (depends on what they'll be doing then) then take you home and cook for you.
There are so many things i'll like to say to you that i didn't when i had the chance.
For example how beautiful your smile is.
Oh...actually forget i said this, i want to say this face to face. Damn paper, you can't erase things like on a phone..
At least i hadn't made grammar mistakes.

I noticed your writing was somewhat in a bitersweet tenderness way.
And it's my fault.
You were probably so anxious when you wrote it. Not knowing for sure if i felt something.
And i know... I should've said something long ago.
At least answer your confession that night.
But my brain just shut down. As if often did when i was around you.
But i was in love with you too.
I love you still, Mitang.
I think i feel for you when Sana's mother bought us bikes (i still have mine in garage) and
we went on that hill and i feel over.
And you rushed to me, blowing air in my knee to stop it from stinging so hard.
We weren't children but i felt like we had just 7 years and just became buddies.
Well you became something more for me right there.
When you got those little bandages out of your backpack (cause of course you'd have something like this with you) and put it on my leg, then asked me with those kind eyes if it still hurt.

And it did but i told you it didn't because i wanted you to feel like you did a good job. And you did, you took good care of me then. And i made my promise to take good care of you. 
I kind of broke it, right?
...
I'm sorry, Mitang.
Let us have a new beginning and i'll be the best.
:)
Oh and before i end my letter, i'm so sorry to hear about Ray.. He was a good boy. At least he had a sweet long life. I'm sure he's in dog heaven playing with other dogs, having lots of fun.
I'll take you to this dog shelter i volunteer to work once a month.
I'll like to go more often but i gotta control my allergies.
You should see how cute and happy the dogs there are.
Anyway, this has been my response. I'll be waiting. Bring those girls too. Especially Dahyun. We gotta complete Sana's request.

Love, Momo.