Hanging by a moment

Continuum

Sehun groaned in irritation as he tried to unlock the door for the third time. This was a usual thing, fighting with the sad excuse of a jammed rusty lock no matter how many times he changed his key. Only a particular way of twisting the key the door would open and today somehow his fingers kept failing him.

The elevator behind him pinged loudly. He could hear shuffling noises but still struggling with his own key he didn’t bother looking. The person must have left the collapsible gate open as the shrill sound was filling the small space. Frustrated Sehun finally turned back to tell the stranger to learn how to use an elevator.

A head of honey blonde hair was hunched over a suitcase which was still half way out of the elevator. It looked heavy. The guy was petite.

“Could you maybe close the—”

The stranger faced him still sitting on the floor, in an understatement the guy was really good looking with his soft features, big doe eye and pink lips.
In an overstatement the guy was the most beautiful person Sehun had ever laid his eyes on.

“You were saying?” the guy looked at him questioningly when Sehun realized his words were still hanging on air and he was gaping like an idiot.

He slowly walked towards the elevator and pulled the suitcase with force, as it was out of the way he closed the scissor gate. “I hate the sound” he mumbled. This was so unlike him.

“Ohhh the elevator, sorry this was my last trip to bring all my stuff and I have no energy left” brushing the dust off his jeans he stood up.

He wasn’t tall he wasn’t short either but standing in front of Sehun he looked small. Even dressed in a old t-shirt and faded jeans he looked amazing, his forehead glistening with beads of sweat.

He extended a pale hand forward “I am Luhan” he smiled.

His hands were tiny compared to his own, Sehun thought as he limply shook his hand “I...I am Sehun….did you move in”? of course he did, it was a stupid question even Sehun knew.
The guy didn’t seem to mind he smiled and nodded his head, “yah we are gonna be neighbors’ from now on” without waiting for Sehun to respond he turned towards his door to open it.

Sehun hasn’t had a neighbor in the last two years of his stay in the apartment. He preferred the peace and quiet floor to himself but the thought of having him as a neighbor didn’t sound so bad.

Maybe this day wasn’t as miserable as Sehun thought it will be.

 

 

          ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

 

  

Chanyeol looked at his watch, he still had 10 mins for his next class to start. Suddenly hearing his name being called he turned around. 

 

There was the familiar flaming red headed boy smiling widely. 

“Why do you even have a phone if you don’t pick up calls, I ing called you like a zillion times” Baekhyun huffed walking towards him. 

 

“I was in class Baek...what happened?”

 

“Well lets go to this new bar today called SKY, heard its THE place to hangout” Baekhyun sounded excited. 

 

“I have football practice after college I will be pretty burned out sorry Baek..maybe some other day” 

 

“Isn’t the captain of the football team supposed to party and get wasted ?” Baekhyun said rolling his eyes. 

“Well sorry if I don’t fit in your jock stereotype” Chanyeol sighed. 

 

“Cmon it’s one practice just bunk. It’s a Saturday night not letting it go to waste and I already texted Jongdae so we are going” saying Baekhyun’s eyes drifted to the guy opening his locker opposite to them. 

It was Jaehyun their junior.

Baekhyun waved at his direction and the junior smiled nervously before scurrying off probably to hide the very noticeable blush forming on his cheeks. 

Not everyday did a popular senior like  Byun Baekhyun payed attention to a junior.  

The redhead turned towards Chanyeol and smiled sheepishly “he has a fine piece of and a cute face...Don’t you think?” 

Only Baekhyun would sleep with someone the night before and shamelessly check out other guys in front of that person.  

Chanyeol felt irritated for some weird reason that he himself couldn’t understand.  

But then again he had agreed to just be buddies or friends with benefits or whatever other label is appropriate. 

 

Before Baekhyun could gush more about how hot the juniors were Chanyeol cut him saying “Fine Il go” 

 

“Yes and we are gonna have a ing good time today..Il text you and Jongdae will pick you up” 

 

Chanyeol didn’t have a car usually when they went to places Baekhyun gave him ride in his car. 

 

“I have some work so uuh Il meet you guys directly there alright” Baekhyun’s sounded a bit hesitant which was so unlike him. 

 

Chanyeol wanted to ask what work Baekhyun had but his break was almost over and Mr Lee was an and he really didn’t want to be late for his lab class so he nodded and said “ okay I gotta go for class see you latter” 

 

To which Baekhyun suddenly fixed the lapels of his collar out of nowhere, his hands lingering on his neck a little to long. Chanyeol wasn’t really comfortable with gestures like this in public specially in the hallway but this...this just felt nice. 

 

Well having Baekhyun’s attention was more then nice.  

Because it was extremely short lived. 

 

The next moment the shorter male threw him a wink and walked off leaving Chanyeol still standing there even when his class had already started. Baekhyun’s touch on his neck still tingling. 

 

Jongdae was right why did he ever agree with this arrangement?