Attempt 1: Flourheit

50 Ways to Reunite

Attempt 1: Flourheit

Sitting in a small dark bedroom is a girl - a young woman of 20 years to be a exact. In front of her is her laptop which is the only thing that is illuminating the room. Her figure is slumped over her desk as she scribbles away furiously, trying to finish some sort of assignment for school. She groans in frustration and looks at the time displayed in the bottom corner of her laptop screen: 01:03am. A sigh escapes her lips and she puts her head down on her desk to take a short break. She drags her pencil across the page, applying more force than usual, and she eyes the small bits of graphite that crumble away. The tip of the pencil lead then snaps off due to the force leaving a thick dark line on her page. She groans again.

Leaning back in her chair, she looks up at the ceiling before tucking a few strands of her messy and curly hair behind her ear. "Coffee," she mutters, "I need coffee," she repeats and forces herself up from her seat. The sudden movement causes her head to spin and she stumbles towards the door in the darkness. Rubbing her temples to ease the dizziness, she fails to see the shelf that she is walking towards. Bang! She bumps into the wooden structure, stubbing her pinky toe in the process. A yelp of surprise escapes her lips and she hops about in pain, listening to several books slipping out of the shelf. She flinches at the loud crash of books hitting the floor.

She then hobbles over to the light switch and turns the lights on. With a tired yawn, she crouches down beside the pile of fallen books and begins to pick them up in a random order. A CD casing then catches her eye. Her eyes narrow as she picks it up and brings it closer to inspect. "Fahrenheit," she reads and then she remembers that this relic she is holding is Fahrenheit's first album. A small smile then forms on her face as she remembers how much of a fan she had been during her teenage years and how much begging and pleading she had done to persuade her parents to buy her the group's merchandise. The memories bring small giggles to her lips. "It's about time they reunite," she says and glances over to her laptop as a light bulb lights up in her mind.

She then spends the next hour or so 'researching' the four members - well honestly, she is stalking - her idea has revived her teenage stalking skills that were dormant in her body. She smiles, satisfied, after her investigation. Proudly, she looks at the notes typed into her phone:

• Yan Ya Lun: to arrive tomorrow in Taipei at 11am to film a commercial for a cologne company at 2pm
• Wang Dong Cheng: is supposed to be a guest star on a new fitness program with Chen Yi Ru in Taipei tomorrow
• Wu Chun: will go out with Nei Nei and Max for a family outing in Taipei tomorrow



She grins happily before carefully copying out a phone number from her laptop screen into her phone. She is very happy and proud at her successful hacking skills. She types a message out on her phone and laughs as she presses the 'send' button.

Ya Lun is just about to jump into bed after a tiring and long day of work - it is nearly sunrise and he has not slept yet even though his flight for Taiwan is in a few hours - but his phone's notification bell goes off. He sighs and lifts up his phone with half open eyes to read the new message from his manager. "'Tomorrow's filming location has been changed to Taipei 101. A car will pick you up from your hotel at 130,'" he reads aloud. Too tired to even question this sudden change, he accepts it and climbs into his bed to sleep.

It is early in the morning, 7am, and Wang Dong Cheng and Chen Yi Ru are having breakfast together at a small cafe in Taipei. They are happily chatting and exchanging funny stories when Wang Dong Cheng's manager rings his phone. He answers the call, puts it on speaker and leaves his phone on the table as he continues to eat.

"Da Dong, I'm sorry the location for the fitness programme has changed to Taipei 101," the voice on the other end says. Chen Yi Ru's eyes meet Wang Dong Cheng's and they exchange confused looks at this information."Why the sudden change?" The man inquires.
"I don't see how such a place is a suitable place for a fitness programme," Chen Yi Ru mutters.

"The show's agenda has changed for this episode and it will not be suitable to film in a gym," the voice answers and the two ex-Fahrenheit members nod in understanding.

Wu Chun looks at his wife seriously as he speaks on the phone, "I'm sorry, what do you mean we can't attend your family fun day today?" he asks.
"I apologise but someone has booked out the whole playhouse last minute," the voice on the other end replies.
Wu Chun sighs as he watched Max play with a toy car on the carpet, "I understand, but is there really no way that you can fit us in a slot?"

"I'm sorry Mr Wu we have to respect our customers who reserve the centre. The only other available days we have are Tuesday and Wednesday next week, if you want, I can book you in then," the voice suggests.
Wu Chun looks at his wife and she smiles at him, telling him it's okay and that they can go out with the kids another day. He sighs.

"Ah, Mr Wu!" the voice gasps, "One of our workers has just informed me of another of our family events in Taipei 101 that is taking place today at 2pm. Are you interested?"
The 39 year old father's face lights up and he nods eagerly, "Yes, thank you," he replies happily.


The girl happily waits at the highest basement floor of Taipei101, disguised as a cleaner. She can't contain her evil giggles. She laughs at the wall she has just finished decorating with lots of colours and sparkly shapes. She has also just quickly covered the door to a storage room with spotty wallpaper to lure in her prey. When she hears footsteps, she slips behind a wall.

Wu Chun walks down the basement floor alone and confused, "I'm glad I left the family back in the car... just where is this family event?" he mutters to himself. He then sees the odd wall that is covered in colours and glittery shapes which in contrast to the other bland, plain white walls is very strange and creepy. He eyes it suspiciously and the girl groans, "If you're going to go in just go in!" she hisses quietly.

Wu Chun cautiously turns the knob on the door and opens it to reveal darkness. Before he can turn around, the girl pushes him in and slams the door shut. She then shoves a key into the keyhole and hurriedly turns it.

"Help!" Wu Chun exclaims repeatedly, banging on the door. The girl then sprays sleeping gas in the gap between the door and floor which eventually silences the man. She sighs, relieved.

Wang Dong Cheng and Chen Yi Ru walk down the steps into the basement. "Da Dong, do you think we took a wrong turn?" Chen Yi Ru asks his friend as he looks at the details of their filming location on his phone.
Wang Dong Cheng looks at the text message of the details closely and shrugs, "I think so," he answers, "I am pretty sure we aren't even allowed down here,"
The two look around curiously before arriving in front of the colourful wall and door.

"Is this perhaps it?" Chen Yi Ru wonders, turning the knob of the door.
Wang Dong Cheng sniffs the air and his eyes widen but it is too late - Chen Yi Ru has already opened the door. Smoky air bursts out of the room and the girl jumps out. She pushes the two inside and locks the door. This time the two make less noise than the previous prisoner as the sleeping gas has already taken affect. She laughs happily and then patiently waits for her final victim.

Ya Lun jogs through the basement half an hour later. He looks at his watch as he runs, "Damn it, I'm late. We were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago," he mutters, not even realising that he is in the basement. As soon as he sees the colourful door, he opens it. He has too many things on his mind to even realise that the basement is a strange place to film a location. Suddenly, he feels a pair of hands push him forward. Confused, he stumbles in and the door slams shut behind him with a loud thud.

The girl then freaks out when she finds out that her can of sleeping gas is empty and that all the gas in the room has diffused away. She begins to panic when Yan Ya Lun begins pounding his fists on the door yelling louder and louder. "HELP! HELP!" he yells, "SOMEONE OPEN THE DOOR!"

After a few minutes of useless yelling, Ya Lun begins to hear murmurs and groans in the darkness. Scared, he feels around for a light switch. Once he finds it, he pushes it and light floods the room, revealing a large storage room filled with boxes and three half unconscious people- wait 3 unconscious people? Ya Lun blinks in surprise as he realises who these people are as they begin to wake up.

"Ngh... what's all that noise...?" Wang Dong Cheng groans, rubbing his eyes. His form is sprawled across Chen Yi Ru's body and his head is on his chest.
"Max... I thought I said we will pretend to be builders tomorrow....?" Wu Chun grumbles, slowly opening his eyes. The smell of strong cologne wafts into his nose and he sits up to see Chen Yi Ru lying face first on his lap with Wang Dong Cheng on top of him.
The three stare blankly in confusion as they sit up properly.

"Ya Lun?" Wang Dong Cheng gasps, noticing the young man just staring at them, "What are you doing here?" he asks.
Ya Lun looks at them all, "Da Dong? What are you all doing here?" he asks, "Why was I not aware of a Fahrenheit reunion?"
"We're supposed to be filming a fitness show," Chen Yi Ru explains, "What happened?"
"I think what Ya Lun said is exactly our case," Wu Chun says, "Someone must have wanted us to have a reunion."
"By kidnapping us?" Wang Dong Cheng asks.

Chen Yi Ru sighs as he rummages through a storage box, "Anyone want a-" he pauses as he unpacks a load of flour, "-bag of flour?" he calls, "It'll take a while for our managers to get us out of here. We might as well do something."
Ya Lun turns to a corner and sits down with his phone, "I'm fine," he says quietly.
Chen Yi Ru nods slowly and awkwardness spreads in the air.

Wu Chun then sighs. He gets up and picks up a bag of flour. He tears open the top and pours it over Ya Lun and the other two. He then smiles mischievously before the other members of Fahrenheit get ready to counterattack. Within seconds, bags of flour are being tossed about and everything in the storage room is painted white with flour particles flying everywhere.

A girl looks at a recent article late at night on her laptop and smiles. She looks at the recent headlines: “‘Fahrenheit’ or ‘Flourheit’? Fahrenheit reunion in a storage room?" She laughs as she looks through the pictures of the Fahrenheit members leaving Taipei101 as white ghosts, covered in flour. "Mission accomplished!" she beams happily.