Lies

The Bro Code
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Friends?" Moonbyul asks with a hopeful smile, extending her hand to Solar.

They just finished driving home their friends to their respective homes. Moonbyul and Yongsun were the only ones who stayed sober through their night out. It's past midnight when they arrived home and placed Minhyuk on his bed, as well as Wheein. Because as Wheein put it, "I'm not going to go home drunk, I still wanna live."

Yongsun could only look at Byul's extended hand. She's trying to figure out if there's a catch.

Moonbyul smirks. "I'm serious about what I said earlier." she notes.

Yongsun looks at her inquisitively, silently asking what she's referring to. They had a lot to talk about earlier.

"About how sorry I am, and just about everything." Moonbyul clarifies. She looks at Solar, then at the ground, as if contemplating whether to continue her statement. "But especially when I told Minhyuk how lucky he is to have you." she said softly. "You're both lucky." she quips.

Yongsun couldn't help but wonder if she's reading Byul's expression right, but her eyes seemed sad.

But before she could even comment about it, she noticed that Byul's hand was still extended towards her, so she shook it.

"Friends."

And she could swear there was electricity that ran through her veins coming from the handshake they just shared. And judging by the way Byul's face looking conflicted after she pulled her hand away, Yongsun guesses she wasn't just imagining things.

"I really am sorry for what I did to you, Yongsun. And how I made you feel." Moonbyul apologizes again.

It just hits different when Byul calls her by her real name instead of Solar. She almost melts at how soft that made her feel.

"I didn't intend to make you feel worthless." Moonbyul continues. "Never in a million years." she emphasized. "And if I had the chance again, I would willingly do everything to let you know that you're more than enough." Moonbyul states, looking directly at Yongsun. Moonbyul knows that she doesn't know Solar that well yet, but she doesn't have to. Moonbyul knows how Solar made her feel that night...and even now.

*Hic* This gesture made Yongsun hiccup, but she tried her best to suppress it.

"But I guess I don't have to." Moonbyul states. "You have a wonderful person with you now who's doing the best he can, to show you just how great you are. Who's treating you the way you deserve to be treated." Moonbyul knows that Solar is a great person because otherwise, Minhyuk wouldn't have been so in love with her.

Minhyuk.

Yongsun wasn't sure if it was her mind or heart that whispered his name. All she knows is that Moonbyul is right. She has someone who's great for her. Someone who treats her well, and would never hurt her intentionally. And it that Yongsun needed a reminder, but she's sure that she loves him. So she shakes whatever feelings are resurfacing tonight. She's not sure if it's normal to have them but she's pretty sure she's not supposed to.

Yongsun nods, temporarily putting aside her thoughts while continuing her conversation if Minhyuk's sister.  "He is a great person."

Moonbyul puts her hands in her pocket. "Yeah, you're in good hands."

"And I know Wheein's a great person too." Yongsun adds, trying to be supportive of her 'friend'. And maybe also trying to figure out what Byul's intentions are with her.

"She is." Byul quips without batting an eye. Yongsun's almost jealous at how quick Byul answered.

"So you really like her?" Yongsun asks, she's not sure what answer she'd like to hear, but she asks it anyway.

"I do." it was the easiest answer Byul ever gave. "I like her a lot, Yong."

Yong...

Yongsun didn't know how to feel about that nickname. They just made up and now Byul is calling her nicknames. She didn't know why it's even a big deal since it wasn't her first time to be called that name. Or maybe she's just trying to distract herself from what Byul is actually telling her.

"It looks like she really likes you too." Yongsun comments. "So I hope you don't make the same mistake again." Yongsun replied sincerely. "Don't run away from her."

"I'm not planning to." Byul replies. "She doesn't scare me as you did."

Yongsun turns at her. She's not sure what Byul meant by it.

Byul shrugs, knowing that Solar was intrigued by her answer. "Maybe I'm not as coward as I used to be. Maybe I'm a little bit different now. I don't know for sure. But she doesn't scare me."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Yongsun asks, still not sure what to make off of Byul's answer.

"It could be both." Byul answers instead. The truth is: she's not quite sure herself. All she knows is that Wheein doesn't scare her. Wheein calms her with her presence. And she can't quite figure out how to tell Yongsun that without making it seem as if she's catching feelings.

Yongsun shakes her head knowingly. "You don't know, do you?"

"What?" Byul asks defensively.

"You don't know what you want, so you don't want to give a concrete answer." Yongsun guesses.

Moonbyul smiles. "Maybe you're right."

Yongsun frowns. "She's your brother's best friend. Do not break her heart." she warns her. "This is exactly what Minhyuk is afraid of. Wheein isn't just some girl, Byul. She's important to your brother, and if you're still not sure what she is to you then don't lead her on. It's already bad that you're both doing something behind Minhyuk's back."

"Don't you think I know that?" Byul asks. She's not playing any games, and she's definitely not playing with Wheein's heart. She knew what she wanted. But Yongsun came to the equation and messed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter