Chapter One:The Beginning

AGENTS

 

 

Chapter One: The Beginning

 

Where am I? This place.. Who are these people, where is Seulgi, Joy, Yeri and Wendy.. It was then where I remembered what happened to the boat. We were ambushed on the cruise by a group of hijackers. I immediately shot up off the bed. Looking down on my arms there’s wires and IV inserted in me. Taking them off I tried getting off the bed, falling quickly to my knees. Using the bed trying to hold my body up, I heard footsteps come towards me.

 

“You’re still recovering, you shouldn't be walking yet.” I looked up it was a lady. “You must be wondering where you are? My name is Kim Taeyeon, and you’re in our headquarters.” Headquarters? For what?

 

“Where is this, Why did you guys bring me here..” I asked as I stood up looking at her. She has a very fair skin complexion, long brown hair covering her ears, and she seems like a very petite woman.

 

“We found your body washed up on the shore of our headquarters, we liked to ask you a couple quest..” I immediately cut her off.

 

“Where’s the boat, how are my friends? Me and my classmates were ambushed on a cruise, they took over the boat and started killing people..” I sobbed as I grasped her arms “Tell me what happened to the boat and my friends! Tell Me!” I cried out as tears flowed down my face.

 

“I am saddened to tell you unfortunately the boat has sunk with the explosion of the bombs. As for the news of your classmate, 34 body has been confirmed dead.” I stared at her in disbelief, immediately dropping back to the floor I hugged my knees and cried out.

 

Wait 34.. there’s is 52 of us… maybe just maybe they are still okay. I jolted up and ran towards the door, but there was a man standing in my way.

 

“Move i have to go find my friends! Get out my way!” I said trying to pry myself out the door but he just wouldn’t budge. I stepped on his foot and as he winced in pain, I pushed him out the way and ran out the door.

 

Looking around, I saw and exit sign, I hurriedly walked over to the door when more people showed up. They were wearing black suits and they stood right in front of me.

 

“I’m afraid I just can’t let you go just yet.” I hear the woman’s voice again, I turned around and looked at her angrily.

 

“What do you mean, let me leave this instance!” I yelled out to her. She looked at me and smirked.

 

“You see I saved your life which means that..” She spoke as she walked towards me, her heels clicking against the cold floor. She bring her fingers and caresses my face. “Your life now belongs to me and the sooner you accept that, the easier we’ll make things for you.” She smiled and stared me down deep into my eyes.

 

“What do you mean by that! My family will be coming to look for me soon!” I shouted as I moved my face away harshly from her hands. “You cannot force me to stay here!” She laughed mockingly at my words.

 

“Oh honey, your family will be looking alright but what they know is that you and your friends are as good as dead.” She chuckled “So either you can comply with my command or we can really make you dead.” Her face turned so serious as she stared evilly at me and smirked. “So which will it be?”

 

“I..I…” I couldn’t believe I was being put in such a position. How did I become so unlucky. “I’ll do as you say” I quietly breathe out, I can hear her chuckle again.

 

“Good choice, Boys show miss.. What is your name hun?” I looked at her.

 

“Bae Joo-hyun” She smiled at me.

 

“Bae Joo-hyun? Very unique name after your training we’ll give you a new name and a new identity.” She said, what did she mean by start the training? Just what is this place?

 

“What do you mean start the training?” I asked her.

 

“Oh honey, did I forget to tell you what kind of Organization we are? I’m so forgetful sometimes” She laughs “Welcome to R.E.D which stands for Ready Equipped Death.” I looked at her shocked, this is a assasination organization!

 

“You’ll be training me to be a Killer!?” I shouted out, getting stares from the the others. She laughs and nod.

 

“Yes we will, but we prefer the word assassins. It’s more pleasing to the ears, but yeah we’re going to train you to be Korea’s number one Killer.” She said as she folded her arms together. “Now shall we give you the tour? V why don’t you show our newest trainee around.” She called for a man, I looked back and it was the guy in the room, the one whose foot I stepped on.

 

“Yes Ma’am I will” He looked at me and glared. I scoffed, does he think I’m intimidated. He lead the way I followed him from behind. “Hurry it up will you.” He scowled at me, staring at him I quickly hurried my steps.

 

“This will be your room for the time being.” He opens the door and turns on the light. It wasn’t anything special, I single twin size bed, and a desk.

 

“A room.. More like solitary confinement…” I quietly uttered under my breath. I hear him clear his throat and we proceed down the hall. I hear shouting coming from one of the room as we get closer. Standing in front of the door, it was a group of people fighting. “What are they doing?” I asked him.

 

“They’re training, this is where you’ll report to tomorrow morning to start your training, do you understand?” I nodded my head and noticed he already started walking, gosh he’s a horrible tour guide. I quickly followed behind him, stopping at what looks like a cafeteria. “This is the cafeteria, Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper will be served here, we eat together at the same time, if you miss a meal tough luck you’ll have to wait for the next meal period, if you miss supper, then you’ll have to wait until the next day. Understand?” I sighed and nodded my head.

 

“Now do you have any questions?” He turned and looked at me.

 

“Uh yes, how long will I be force to stay here?” He chuckled softly, that chuckle had me pleased that he can find something funny but yet offended as to why he was laughing.

 

“Like the Madam said, your life is her’s. This is the place where you’ll be, there’s no escaping Madam Kim.” I was shocked at the answer he gave.

 

“So you mean, I won’t ever get to see the light of day ever again?” He chuckled yet again, this time I wasn’t at offended more so curious as to what he will say.

 

“The only way for you to see the light of day you ask of is to train to become eligible to be on the list of becoming an agent. You’ll have to train hard to be able to achieve it, and there is tough competition because you see there is one catch Madam Kim forgot to tell you, whoever hasn’t qualified for a position to become a Agent will be executed effective immediately.” I was at a lost for word at that statement.. So if I don’t become an Agent, I’ll die.

 

“And so what if I become an Agent, what next? WIll I be able to return home? See my family?” I asked him, he face turned serious and he looked at me.

 

“Unfortunately, like what Madam Kim said, you’re dead, Bae Joo-hyun no longer exist in the world. When you become an Official Agent The Organization will establish you a new Identity and you’ll live your as a reborn person. So give the thought of reuniting with your family a rest, because it won’t happen, and if you try to establish any form of communication with them, you and your family will be killed. No Exception.” I wished for everything he just said to be false but in my heart I knew it wasn’t.. To keep my family safe I’ll become the top Agent and do everything they need me to do, for the safety of my family.

 

“However there’s a good thing that comes from being a Top Agent” I looked at him curiously.

 

“Oh yeah what is that?” I asked him.

 

“When you become Top Agent you’ll be able to live away from headquarters at your own place, have access to money, and start a new life.” The thought of that didn’t sound too bad. “You’ll still have to perform task if asked by the Madam and go on mission but it’s beat staying here everyday..”

 

I looked at him. “Do you stay at your own place?” He laughed and shook his head.

“I wished, but no I don’t I am Madam Kim Chief of Operator so that means I stay here forever. Unfortunately..” He quietly let out.

 

“I’m sorry what is your name again?” I asked him.

 

“It’s Tae.., I’m sorry it’s V”.. It seemed like he was going to say something else.

 

“V, how long have you been with the organization?”

 

“It’s been a long 5 years..” Wow five years doing this, and it’s for the rest of our life as well…

 

“Don’t you want to start a family?” I asked him as we continued our walk back towards my room.

 

“This is my family…” He said as we arrived at my room. “It’s getting late and you’re still recovering, don’t forget to wake up for breakfast tomorrow morning, if you miss it, you’ll have to wait for lunch time. He smiled at me and walked away.

 

Poor V I bet there’s a lot he’s not letting out.. But let’s not focus on that let’s focus on becoming a Top Agent so we can get out of this hell hole. There’s no way I’m staying here for my whole life...