Softer than green

The Soulcode
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

Everything is dark and eerie quiet.

 

 

 

Mina looks around her cluelessly, feeling   herself lost in the middle of nowhere. Wherever she is right now, she doesn't remember how she ended up being here. Heck, she doesn't remember anything at all. She rubs her temple, trying to recall anything she could. Her free hand wanders around the place, trying to feel something-anything in the pitch black surrounding before her fingers grazing something icy-cold, making her shivers slightly at the contact. Mina tried to feel it again, this time with her palm. 

 

 

 

It's a steel locker and next to it is also a locker. 

 

 

 

A row of locker. 

 

 

 

A school hallway. 

 

 

 

"How the I ended up here? Did I fell asleep in school..."

 

 

 

Mina shut her eyes closed and rubs her temple once again, trying to recall things again, but failed miserably. When she opened her eyes again, she feels herself got blind for seconds when a sudden light flickering at the end of the dark hallway. 

 

 

 

"This is seriously not funny." Mina muttered to herself as she observes the pale shimmer of green. 

 

 

 

Don't go there. 

 

 

Mina warned herself in her mind, but it seems like her feet doesn't receive the signal as it slowly arrange its step and walk towards the source of the light before her step halted and Mina froze in her spot, scream stuck in . 

 

 

 

In front of her, just meters away was a girl, leaning against the wall with her hair covering her face. The flickering light was coming from her. From her forearm. From her soulcode. 

 

 

 

Mina looks down at her forearm where a colour of mint, she noticed it wasn't a green after all, was glowing. It is even brighter now that she is close to it. She had never saw this kind of colour on anyone before and it fascinated Mina to the point she forgot how scary the situation she's currently in. 

 

 

A gasp of surprise escapes her lips as she reads the code.

 

 

 

"Is it... is it m-mine?" 

 

 

 

Mina rushes towards the stranger and kneel in front of her. Hesitatingly, she brings her fingers towards the glowing soulcode, grazing it with her fingers softly. Her fingers trails lower and lower until it reaches her wrist before she backed away almost immediately at the sight of a long fresh cut on the stranger's wrist. 

 

 

"Oh god... I need to call 911- WHERE THE IS MY ING PHONE!?"

 

 

 

Mina was about to run and seeking for help when she saw the body, in slow motion, slowly sliding against the wall and fall onto the floor, and out of reflex, Mina catches the stranger's head with her hand before it could meet contact with the hard floor and kill her even though she wasn't sure if the girl is still alive or no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter