Listen To... You

Listen To... You

“Sooyounggie, where’s your plumped sister?” Kyuhyun asked at the moment the tall girl open the door. “Hahaha”, she laughed which is a good start in the morning, “do you really think she’s chubby… are you really her bestfriend?”

 

Sooyoung put and enclosed her arms on her chest then give the older male an interrogating look.

 

“Of course I’m her bestfriend! Is she upstairs… sleeping?” Kyuhyun asked as he walk his way up the stairs. “Yes”.

 

♥Kyuhyun’s P.O.V.♥

 

Here I am again, letting my feet lead the way as I go up the stiff stairs of my best friend’s apartment. Every morning at 6, I always found my self walking miles away from my house, trying to act nice to her beautiful but elusive older sister and when I reach her small yet clean room… I sit beside her and stare closely at her angelic and innocent sleeping face. Seo Joohyun was her name but I usually call her Seohyun for short and to . We are high school friends and now that were in college, we still stick together and I hope we will not part. Besides one little problem, we act as brothers and sisters and by the way she treats me… I think she don’t feel the same way I do.

 

♥End of Kyuhyun’s P.O.V.♥

 

“Better forget it, Cho Kyuhyun!” Kyuhyun then knock but heard no response so he opens the door slowly. “Still sleeping?” he walks inside. “Yah, Ms. Seo Joohyun! Get those lazy eyes open now”, Kyuhyun said then continuously tap the sleeping girl on the cheeks.

 

“Stop it… unnie”, Seohyun sleepily announced.

 

Kyuhyun smile then continue his job until Seohyun move her hand which grab Kyuhyun’s hair then she pulls it here and there. Kyuhyun’s head hurts but he still continues.

 

“We have a party to attend today, in case you forgot”, Kyuhyun whispered closely to her ear but she did not mind. “You don’t want to wake up? Let’s see if you will not, after this”, Kyuhyun evilly smile then rode at Seohyun’s bed.

 

Kyuhyun called Seohyun’s full name as he playfully jump his feet on the girl’s bed making her irritable so she open her eyes and saw the another Kyuhyun’s brutal way of waking her.

 

“You’re awake… at last!” “You are the kind of alarm clock that people will not buy”, she said with her eyes half- open. “You really should pay me for this but since we are bestfriends…” “And you’re enjoying it” “A little… I will do it for free.”

 

Kyuhyun still did not stop which made Seohyun’s head go wild.

 

“Could you please stop that? My head is already aching”, Seohyun protested. “I’m sorry”, Kyuhyun stop then sit beside Seohyun. “So… are you ready to attend a party… with me?” “What’s new with that? I’m always with you”, Seohyun rolled her eyes then move down the bed leaving Kyuhyun alone so he lied down and position himself comfortably. “I know what you feel… I also feel that”, Kyuhyun evilly said.

 

Seohyun walk back her bed then give Kyuhyun’s perfectly shaped nose a hard pinch like what she usually do, “I’m just kidding you tall, heavy, not- so- friendly and evil person. Of course, I will not complain to that because you’re one of a kind but I’m still the one… better that you always”, Seohyun said still pinching the older man’s nose.

 

Kyuhyun move his face near Seohyun with his warm eyes locked on her. They stay like that for a minute until Kyuhyun’s evil side strike again and the next thing Seohyun knew was that her cheeks hurts as the brutal hands of him abuse her chubby cheeks.

 

“Seohyunnie”, Sooyoung called their attention.

 

She gives the two a bad look because of their weird position- Seohyun was sitting on her toes with her hands on Kyuhyun’s nose while he was laying on her bed as his hands pinch her cheeks. They suddenly realized their positions so they move away from each other fixing themselves.

 

“Unnie… good morning!” the younger one cheerfully greeted. “I’m going to my job now. The food is already prepared downstairs”, Sooyoung said then immediately leave. “Is that really your sister?” Kyuhyun asked moving back to his comfortable position awhile ago. “Yes, of course! Just don’t mind unnie’s attitude for now because… she’s broken- hearted”, she whispered. “Uhh… okay, let’s go down! I’m hungry”, he then pull Seohyun downstairs, “I wonder what your elusive sister prepared for us.”

 

They reach the kitchen and saw the ramen on the table fully prepared then they sit down and took their breakfast.

 

“So, are you ready to attend a party and meet my other bestfriend?” Kyuhyun asked in between bites. “So… what Hangeng oppa told me was true?” she shockly asked back. “Which part?” the hungry guy questioned without looking at whom he was talking to. “Never mind… I will go up now to get ready”.

 

Seohyun still had her usual shy but sweet disposition which always made their other friends ask, “How can be a sweet and shy type of girl be the bestfriend of a talkative and naughty type of guy?” She leaves him alone in the dining table as Kyuhyun didn’t mind and just continue feeding his empty intestines.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

The casual party started. It was the celebration for the home coming of Kyuhyun’s “other” bestfriend Kim Jaejoong, who studied in Macau for years but because of some financial problem… he will not be able to study there anymore. Kyuhyun’s group of naughty friends- Lee Jinki, Hangeng and Shim Changmin arrived with their own style of casual attire making the girls swoon over their handsomeness.

 

“I really love girls giving me that kind of look… actually it always happens whenever I go”, Changmin proudly whispered as he busies himself waving and looking back. “How lucky Kyuhyun is still not here”, Jinki irritably said. “For sure… he will join Changmin on his not- so- good hobby”, Hangeng replied back. “Ya! I heard that! Kyuhyun will not join me”, Changmin counter courses sitting between the two irritable guys. “And why?” Hangeng asked. “Because of her…” Changmin replied pointing his lips at the two familiar faces entering the venue’s door.

 

Onew and Hangeng look at where their friend’s eyes locked at. They were shock at the girl’s beauty but not on her partner’s aura.

 

“She’s beautiful…” the two mesmerizingly muttered. “Look at Kyuhyun’s grin… he looks stupid!” Changmin angrily exclaimed. “If I know you’re just jealous because he had the gorgeous Joohyun always on his side”, Jinki teased. “Me?! I have all my fan girls”, Changmin defended. “Jinki, I didn’t know we are with a celebrity”, Hangeng joining Jinki. “Guys! Are we late?” Kyuhyun asked making Seohyun sit down on her chair. “What’s new with that?” Changmin abruptly replied. “Wooh! Someone’s hot- headed here!” Kyuhyun exclaimed trying to cool the warm atmosphere. “Don’t bother Kyu… the celebrity just envy something”, Jinki teased again. “Celebrity?! Who?” Kyuhyun ask surprised.

 

The two did not answer but point secretly their fingers to the moody Changmin. Kyuhyun smile because he already knew the reason then he noticed his partner was uncomfortable so he bid goodbye to his friends and approach Seohyun.

 

“Hey!” Kyuhyun greeted sitting beside her.

 

Seohyun just look at him with her expressive eyes before fixing the group of hair which is not on the proper place.

 

“Have you already eaten?” the mesmerized man asked. “A little… Chohyun I’m not… uhm, comfortable here”, Seohyun stated in a very soft voice but manage to reach his ears.

Chohyun, that was her self- made name for him. That was the name she always use to call him and it all began when Kyuhyun started calling her Seohyun so to have her sweet revenge, she get his family name then combined it with the last syllable of his name. It appears very unique but Kyuhyun never liked it.

 

“Why? Don’t you like the food?” Kyuhyun worriedly asked. “It’s not like that… but I feel that… never mind it! I will just go to the ladies’ room”, Seohyun excused herself. “Do you want me to you?” Kyuhyun asked. “No, thank… I can handle besides, those girls… I think they want to talk to you!” her sweetness disappeared.

 

Kyuhyun look at the girls Seohyun pointed to him. It completely surprised him when he saw one of them blink- eyed on him then he look back at Seohyun but saw no one so he just sigh and continue finishing his food.

 

“Hello, cute boy”, the same girl who blinks- eyed him seductively asked.

 

Kyuhyun almost spilled the food inside his mouth on the girl’s face, luckily he did not. The girl continues bugging him though he forces himself not to mind her.

 

“Yah! Talk to me…” the girl said then playfully tap his shoulder.

 

He got irritated so he face the girl with his scary and angry face, “Could you stop bugging me?! I have my date and if you don’t have one, just ask anybody out there but if you continued your annoying business… you will see yourself on that place!” he angrily exclaimed then point on the door. “Wow! You’re so cute… and charming and challenging and hot! Sorry, but I think I will not let myself do nothing to get you and besides, your not- s- beautiful date left you alone. Don’t you think its destiny…? You and me… me and you”, the girl stated sitting on Seohyun’s chair.

 

Kyuhyun cannot fight with a girl so he bows his head and just wish for Seohyun to come back immediately. While on the ladies’ room, Seohyun finished fixing herself but stayed inside since no one’s inside this made her feel a bit comfortable. She looks at her face through the mirror until she remembered those girls giving her bestfriend an attractive look so she burst out her feelings.

 

“Ahh! This always happens everytime”, Seohyun asked herself.

 

She calmed herself before going out then she slowly walk her way back her table with her head bowed down until a sudden strong force made her fragile body fall down the floor.

 

“Oops! Miss… I’m very sorry, let me help you”, the guy help her stand up but the left heels of her shoes broke off making her fall again though not on the floor anymore but on the guy’s arms.

 

Seohyun can feel her chubby cheeks heat off as she look at the guy’s expensive look at her until her senses back off.

 

“Sorry…” the only word she can only say as she try to hide her flushed red cheeks. “You don’t have to… it’s clearly my fault. Are you okay?” the guy worriedly asked  getting a peek on her shoes.

 

She noticed it so to avoid being shameful again, she pretended she is okay then give the guy a respectful bow until the parted ways. Seohyun cannot properly walk with her heels situation which made her walk like a window- shopper.

 

“Miss, leave him alone… can you dance with me?” Changmin charmingly asked trying to get away the girl’s attention from his friend to him.

 

The girl’s eyes sparked as she looks at Changmin’s attractive face though she hesitated first but Changmin is way too good in capturing every girl’s heart so she gave in.

 

“Thank you, guys!” Kyuhyun said. “Where is Joohyun?” Hangeng asked. “She’s there…” Jinki said pointing at the girl approaching them slowly. “What’s with that kind of walk?” Kyuhyun curiously asked then stand up.

 

He swiftly approached her then worried when he saw her sobbing.

 

“Seohyunnie…” he softly called.

 

Seohyun burst into tears then buried her face on the worried guy’s chest.

 

“I’m very sorry Chohyun… I didn’t mean to destroy your gift to me…” “What?”

 

Kyuhyun look at Seohyun’s shoes and was shocked to see the left one with no heels leaving him a little disappointed because that was his Valentine’s gift for her but seeing her cry like this… everything disappeared.

 

“It’s okay Seohyunnie… we can fix that. Let’s go back on our table first and second, stop crying… I can buy you thousands of that”, Kyuhyun said.

 

Seohyun forced herself to follow Kyuhyun then on their table. He cannot do anything to bring back the heels so he decided to just break the other one.

 

“It’s done!” Kyuhyun said then kneel down to wear back the shoes on Seohyun’s feet. “The heels became flats?! You’re really a genius Cho Kyuhyun”, Hangeng said. “It’s more comfortable right, Seohyun- ah?” he asked.

 

Seohyun just nod but stayed her head fully bowed down…

 

“Hey! Cho Kyuhyun, how are you?” a guy from her back suddenly asked. “Jae… Kim Jaejoong? You look old”, Kyuhyun replied back. “And you’re still the same. Hey guys, can I sit down?” Jaejoong asked then politely sits in between the bestfriends. “Hello… miss?”, Jaejoong greeted. “I forgot! She’s Joohyun… my bestfriend. Seohyun, my other bestfriend, Jaejoong”, Kyuhyun introduced.

 

Seohyun slowly move her head up and was surprised at the guy’s face, Jaejoong also feel the same.

 

“Do you know each other?” Jinki asked as he analyzes their expressions. “Are you okay now, miss, uh… I mean Joohyun? I’m sorry again”, Jaejoong apologizes. “It’s okay… Jaejoong oppa…” Seohyun shyly replied.

 

 

Kyuhyun cannot understand the scene but there is one thing he knows… Seohyun never called him oppa for once which is the thing he will always be jealous of to the other older guys his bestfriend knows.

 

“Wait! I cannot understand… someone please explain it to us”, Kyuhyun interrupting his own thoughts.

 

Jaejoong smile then explain everything to them leaving the three of them speechless.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

The other day, Kyuhyun was walking his way to Seohyun’s apartment to be her human alarm clock but two familiar faces made his heart break. He carefully peeks in and listens at the two person’s conversation.

 

“Jaejoong oppa… I should go home now.” “Why? We are not yet starting to jog.” “But… Chohyun… okay, let’s start.” “You know Joohyun- sshi… you’re so cute!”

 

Kyuhyun’s anger rise above his head even higher on the N Seoul Tower that he wants to punch Jaejoong on his face but as he looks at Seohyun’s blushing cheeks and shy smile, he knows he don’t had the right to act like that so he just step backward and walk away.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

Two weeks passed and since its their summer vacation, Kyuhyun find a job and busied himself with it. Of course, he misses being an annoying human alarm clock to his bestfriend but he cannot face her now. That was obviously his first heartbreak so he don’t have any idea on how to handle it but he still make sure Seohyun is okay with the help of his friends who acted as his spy eventhough they always says that Seohyun is with Jaejoong almost everyday. Kyuhyun woke up 4 A.M. to prepare everything for his job but a certain knock distracted him.

 

“Who is that?” Kyuhyun asked still ironing his uniform.

 

The knock just became louder and because of the time, he first checks who it is through the window. He felt his heart half flutter and half broken when he saw Seohyun on the door patiently waiting for him to open the door. Kyuhyun fix himself first then slowly open the door.

 

“Chohyun!”

 

At the moment the door was fully opened, Seohyun swiftly hugged him tightly and he also hugs back, “I hate you Chohyun!”

 

“Uh? Why?” he shockly asked setting aside his feelings to act cool in front of her, as a bestfriend. “You’re not waking me up anymore, you’re not meeting me even in text or call… you seem invisible Chohyun! What are you doing? Do you have a girlfriend now?!” Seohyun utter honestly making the tall man surprised. “It seems like someone here is missing me… is it your Sooyoung unnie?” Kyuhyun teased. “Of course… it’s me! Don’t tease me like that Chohyun… you know I cry easily.”

 

Kyuhyun broke the hug but Seohyun did not so he rub her hair and said, “I’m sorry Seohyunnie… this handsome guy just got busy with his job so I don’t have my own time to visit you.”

 

Seohyun broke the hug when she heard the word ‘job’ then get his hands, “These soft hands are working?! Chohyun… my birthday is getting near”, she proudly stated. “You want other heels?” “No! I want you to attend my party celebration.” “You will have one? Okay, I will not be absent… are you busy today?” he asked. “Hmmm… no, why?” “I will meet you at your house at 1 P.M., wait for me okay?” “Why? Where are we going?” “Just wait for me!” “Okay… you’re going to your job now?” “At 6. Do you want to stay here first?”

 

Kyuhyun let Seohyun go inside his cluttered room but she didn’t care because its already her uncountable time there. She just watch carefully as her bestfriend fix his own things until the time comes when he have to go then she walk him to the bus stop and go back to her apartment alone.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

“Sir, can I have a half day today?” Kyuhyun calmly started as he enters his boss’ office.

 

Kyuhyun work there as a delivery boy as his part time job. Actually it was Changmin’s idea to make him work to help him deprive him to his feelings for Seohyun including his broken heart. He accepted his friend’s offer and works on a small company one ride away from his house.

 

“Come in.”

 

Kyuhyun walk inside then accept the paper his boss gave him.

 

“Write your reason, give it to the HR and then you can leave”, his boss said still focusing on some documents. “Thank you, sir”, he bowed his head then leave.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

Seohyun check her closet for the 3rd time but still cannot find the right clothes to wear. She swiftly runs down to ask her unnie if where her are other clothes.

 

“In the box. Why? Is that Jaejoong asking you a date?” Sooyoung asked with her usual cold tone. “Unnie… we are just friends and that’s it!” “Do you like someone?” “Unnie you already know my answer to that.”

 

Seohyun stand up to check the box her unnie was saying. That box contains all the dresses their late mother made for them. She jump in joy when she saw a dress that she’s sure her bestfriend will like.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

Kyuhyun check his watch, he sigh and fasten his speed when he saw that it’s already 12:45. Finally, he reach his destination then he knock and waited until the same tall and cold girl open it for him.

 

“Hello!”

 

He sweetly greeted but Sooyoung did not reply and just let him inside. The tall girl went upstairs to call her sister while he just sits nervously waiting for Seohyun to come down. He still cannot decide whether he will admit his feelings for her now or on her birthday party. Kyuhyun was stunned as he looks at the girl wearing a cute and wholesome brown dress in front of him. Seohyun immediately blush as she look at his’ uncommon expression until he manage to start the conversation still had his eyes locked on her, “Let’s go?” Seohyun just nod and blush more when he touches her waist as they walk in a slow pace. They still didn’t say a word and just exchange secret glances at each other until they reach their destination.

 

“Museum?” she shockly asked.

 

Kyuhyun laugh at his best friend’s expression, “Yes, why? Where do you expect us to go?” “Uhm… nothing Chohyun…” she lied.

 

They started their tour around the museum but it seems that their feet weren’t synchronized anymore. Seohyun was on her slow walking pace because she was not interested anymore while Kyuhyun was walking fast though his mind was only focused on one thing, the girl behind him. He noticed that she seem uninterested so he walk back then pinch her right cheek.

 

“You don’t like here?” Kyuhyun gently asked.

 

Seohyun honestly nodded then tug Kyuhyun’s sleeve and signal him to go out of the museum. He caress her hair until she received a txt message from Jaejoong, she smiled because of his message while Kyuhyun just look away.

 

“Chohyun… let’s go on a park”, she suggested. “I think it’s better if we just stay here…” his mood suddenly change and just continue touring himself. “Chohyun, wait!” she run on his side then try her best to keep up on his speed, “What happened to you?” she asked when she saw his irritated look. “Who texted you? Maybe, it’s you who have a boyfriend now”, Kyuhyun stated looking at Seohyun seriously. “Jaejoong oppa…” “It’s good… my two bestfriends are also becoming close to each other”, he said hiding his bitterness towards it. “But! We’re just friends…” she defended. “I know”, he replied.

 

The two reach the special place inside the museum which also happens to be their very own attraction. They went inside the room which shows all their late royal couple through the use of hologram. Seohyun was amazed but her company is not. No one was inside except for them so they walk inside and stand side by side. She roamed her eyes around but stops when she saw her bestfriend sad. They stayed like that for a moment, standing in the same place, looking at different things but both knew that their attention was only focused towards each other.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

“Seohyunnie wake up! Your class will start today”, Sooyoung violently shouted. “Chohyun…” “Hey! Wake up… you will see him later”.

 

Seohyun open her eyes then stand up to prepare for school. She reaches their school and smile when she saw Kyuhyun with his friends.

 

“Chohyun!” “Hi Joohyun”, the three greeted. “Hello oppas”, she greeted back. “Sit down”, Hangeng offered his chair. “No thanks oppa. My class will start soon… bye!” Seohyun bow down then walked away.

 

She felt sad that Kyuhyun did not talk neither look at her while back on the handsome guys.

 

“What happened?” Changmin asked. “Why did you not talk to her?” Jinki added. “Kyu… are you okay?” Hangeng worriedly asked then tap the younger’s shoulder. “Nothing hyung… I’m just testing something…” Kyuhyun replied then walked away.

 

☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

 

Three weeks passed and the day came for Seohyun’s special day. Kyuhyun wake up 4 in the morning to prepare his gift. He rushes to her house to do the thing he missed to do.

 

“Good morning!” he cheerfully greeted. “She is upstairs… sleeping”, Sooyoung answered.

 

Kyuhyun went inside and was on his way upstairs when Sooyoung called him, “I’m gonna ask you a question… and I hope you’ll answer me honestly”.

 

Kyuhyun just stare back and was surprised by her question, “You like my sister, don’t you?” Kyuhyun was stunned and cannot talk, ‘is he really making it obvious?’ – the question on his mind appeared. He just looks at Sooyoung’s cold eyes hoping that she will notice the true answer through it.

 

“If you think so then it’s true”, he stated. “Take good care of her, she maybe a bit naïve and fragile but… just go upstairs and confess”.

 

Kyuhyun smile then proceed upstairs. He solely open the door and was surprised to see Seohyun awake and staring blankly at the window pane.

 

“Unnie… I don’t like my birthday this year”, she stated without looking back.

 

Kyuhyun close the door quietly and approach her not saying a single word. He stayed behind her noiselessly and stare at where she is staring which happens to be the heels turned into flats.

 

“Chohyun is not talking to me anymore… not even a single word neither look! I cannot understand him! We seemed so close before but now… unnie it hurts my heart so much…”, Seohyun face back and was shocked to see Kyuhyun who also looked surprised, “Cho… Chohyun…”, she startled. “Hi…”, Kyuhyun greeted. “What are you doing here Chohyun?! You shouldn’t be here!” Seohyun angrily asked. “Seo… hyun…” he muttered.

 

Seohyun with all her force push Kyuhyun outside but he on his way out bump his back on the wall beside the door while with all her remaining force, she end up punching him in his chest.

 

“Go out Chohyun! I don’t need you here… go and never meet me again!” she shouted still punching him.

 

Kyuhyun just let her let out her bad feelings and didn’t fight back. He always acts gentle because that suits her but he can’t take it anymore.

 

“Seohyun please listen to me… I didn’t mean to act like that to you… I just wanna knew… I just…” Kyuhyun gently and nervously mutter. “I just what?! If I know you don’t and never want to be my friend. Now go! Don’t ruin my day Cho Kyuhyun”, Seohyun answered.

 

Kyuhyun close his arms while Seohyun is in between then caress her long black hair.

 

“I can’t Seohyun… I … I love you more than what you think and I won’t stop”, Kyuhyun stated.

 

Seohyun was surprised then later found herself looking at Kyuhyun’s serious face, “You… you what?” “I love you Seo Joohyun not as a bestfriend but as you”, he confess a bit nervous but more confident.

 

Seohyun’s face softened and went back to her usual charming and lively look then the next thing they both know is that they are sitting on the bed, both blushing.

 

“You didn’t talk to me to test your love for me? That was so funny”, Seohyun happily asked. “It’s hard to do that so don’t laugh there… what about you and Jaejoong?” Kyuhyun asked back. “Are you jealous? We’re just friends and… actually, he knows that I like you so he helps me with everything about you”, she shyly said. “You mean… he’s not courting you?” “He can’t for I’m already taken by someone”.

 

Kyuhyun cannot explain his feelings. He never thought that she feels the same then he face and was again dazzled by her beauty and innocence.

 

“That someone… is me?” he nervously asked. “How can you explain this? I am jealous with every girls who talk to you, my sister acting cold to you because she knows what I feel about you and I secretly blush and smile just knowing that you’re near… is all of that enough?” she shyly stated. “I love you too Seo Joohyun! My bestfriend… and girl?” Kyuhyun cutely asked.

 

Seohyun put a small curve on her lips then slowly nod making Kyuhyun jump and shout in happiness until he remembered his gift. He get it out of his pocket and ask her to close her eyes as he put a string of gold around her neck.

 

“Open your eyes”, he commanded. “Heels?” she curiously asked rubbing its pendant. “My replacement for your broken one down there. It cost a lot, luckily my salary went enough”, he humbly said.

 

Seohyun hug him tightly, “… thank you Chohyun! This is the best gift I’ve ever received… no! It’s you!” “You have me lucky cute girl. Happy birthday, my completely opposite bestfriend!” Kyuhyun greeted then kisses her forehead.

 

They stay like that, hugging each other tightly and feeling the fats heartbeat they both shared, their young and innocent but true love that had been kept hidden for years while Sooyoung, Changmin, Hangeng and Jinki quietly watching them from the half- open door.

 

“I’m happy for them”, Sooyoung whispered.

 

The birthday celebration became the best for the celebrator as it also start the new relationship she and Kyuhyun now have… as bestfriends who were once secretly in love and turned to be the perfect couple no one ever saw.