Prologue: The Arrival

Princesses of the Crimson Star

YEAR 199X

 

Tension loomed around the dim-litted room and a sense of dread hung above the men who were seated around a nero black marble table. Other than the sounds of nervous, idle tapping on the table's surface, the creaking of a chair while someone leans back in search of a more comfortable position, and the unsteady, heavy breathing among them, there were no words being spoken. They assembled two hours ago and with every ticking sound of the clock that hung above the doorway, each man gradually grew more and more restless, some more than others. It was when the clock landed fifteen past the next hour that someone caved into their anxiety.

 

"How much longer will we have to wait?!" a man in a hat snapped.

 

"Calm yourself, Hyunsuk. We have to wait till he arrives," another spoke.

 

"Don't tell me to calm down, Jinyoung," the man called Hyunsuk retorted. Hyunsuk grunted then turned to another man to his left. "Sooman, it's been two hours already. Perhaps your astronomers were wrong about their findings."

 

Sooman shot him a glare with folded arms, lips pressed together into a thin line, a grave expression evident on his face. "I wish they were. I even called up some former colleagues of mine who work for NASA to confirm what we saw. The cursed star has been spotted… The Crimson Star is slowly approaching. You've read the reports, Hyunsuk. Don't be a fool and deny the truth. This isn't something that can be ignored."

 

Hyunsuk winced and clenched a fist with gritted teeth. "I never thought this would happen in our lifetime."

 

 

"You should consider yourself extremely lucky to still be alive to witness the Star's arrival!"

 

 

A cheerful voice pierced the conversation and brought all the men on edge. Everyone whipped their heads around in search of the voice's source and wondered where it came from when they were in a small secluded room. Some were so startled that they jumped from their seats, Hyunsuk being one of them.

 

"Who's there?! Show yourself?!" Hyunsuk shouted.

 

A cackling laugh was his answer and it brought chills to everyone in the room. Out of nowhere, a person teleported in the middle of the table, standing atop. He had the appearance of a teenage boy, clad in a sleek black dress shirt with matching black chino pants and pointed black leather shoes, that were a stark contrast to his silvery white hair. With a cheshire-like grin, the boy bowed mockingly to his audience.

 

"Hello there, members of The Council! You can call me BamBam!" the boy introduced himself then straightened himself to observe his audience, finding amusement in their fear. BamBam smirked to himself.

 

"Your presence… Then it's confirmed…" Jinyoung uttered grimly.

 

BamBam spun on his heel towards Jinyoung's direction and nodded eagerly. "That's right! I, BamBam, am the messenger to tell you all that The Crimson Star has entered your solar system! Isn't it exciting?" The child-like demeanor switched into something more menacing, BamBam's red eyes glittering excitedly. "Not only that. But the chosen ones have all been born."

 

BamBam spread his arms wide open, flashing a toothy wicked grin as he proclaimed to The Council.

 

"The Princesses have been born. They have been marked. And it is The Council's job to gather them at the destined location when the time comes. You have no choice if you want to keep this world intact."