Taeyeon

Bittersweet

"Are you okay?"

Yuri looked up to see Taeyeon casually walking towards her. 

She's been sitting in the corner of their dance studio,  and Taeyeon noticed  that she's been taking breaks longer than she used to. 

Of course Taeyeon would notice. That kid has the amazing ability to feel when something is amiss. She'd try to hide her concern and act as casual as she can, but Yuri knows (because there are just some things you cannot not learn after being friends for so long) how Taeyeon easily gets worried. 

"I'm fine," Yuri shrugs. She stops massaging her ankle and stands up. "It's been a while since our last comeback and I'm just not used to practicing for long hours"

Taeyeon rolls her eyes, "You are definitely getting old."

Yuri pouts while Taeyeon laughed as they walk their way back to rehearsal. 

"Take good care of yourself, you fool." Taeyeon's eyes is full of mirth but her voice is soft. And Yuri knows that Taeyeon's concerned more than the girl would like to admit.

"Yeah, yeah. You're being an ahjumma," Yuri rolls her eyes although there's a small smile in her lips. 

"Come visit us home this weekend. Mom's cooking your favorite."

Yuri suddenly feels so much affection for the woman beside her. Taeyeon may not feel she deserved the title of "leader", but that doesn't stop Yuri seeing her as one.

Because Taeyeon has always taken care of them more than Taeyeon would ever realize.