McDowell's No. 1

One Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They didn't say much while on speaker phone. Jong Kook suspected Ji Hyo forgot she was even on the line and as for himself he was concentrating on the road to get to her as quickly as possible.

He heard her shock as he opened and shut his car door.

"What was that?"

Jong Kook put the phone back against his ear, taking large and speedy strides to the lift.

"Ji Hyo, you alright?"

"Jong Kook Oppa? Why did you call?"

Jong Kook felt like laughing. Her drunk memory was incredibly goldfish-like.

"You called me! And then you cut yourself..."

He pressed the button of the floor Ji Hyo stayed at.

"When did I cut myself?"

Jong Kook sighed.

"Look at your hand, Ji Hyo."

"McDowell's No. 1..."

Huh? Jong Kook heard a loud 'ding' and stepped out the lift, walking to Ji Hyo's apartment.

"Yeah it's an alcohol brand. I'm drinking some kind of alcohol..."

Jong Kook shook his head as he keyed in Ji Hyo's password to her door. He was glad he remembered it despite how exhausted he was the night he sent Ji Hyo back. Pushing the door, he walked in.

Ji Hyo sat haphazardly on the floor, leaning on her couch and throwing back another bottle of alcohol. How she managed to ignore the pain to continue drinking even more was beyond him.

Although alcohol did have numbing effects, so Ji Hyo drinking even more was probably not a bad idea.

"Oh? Jong Kook Oppa, why are you here? Weren't you just in the phone? Do you have teleporting powers?"

He didn't go straight to her side, looking through her cabinets for a first-aid kit. Thankfully Ji Hyo had the sense to buy one and he headed towards her with the first-aid kit in hand.

As he got within closer vicinity of Ji Hyo, he realized that Ji Hyo was not exactly decently dressed. She wore only a shirt and boxer shorts. And Jong Kook could... see that she was only wearing a shirt and boxer shorts. He wanted to look away to protect her modesty but at the same time a devious bit of his mind didn't want to.

But one look at Ji Hyo's hand was enough to make him ignore all other distractions. Another look at the broken glass next to her convinced him to move Ji Hyo to a safe distance away from the hazard on the couch.

He lifted Ji Hyo up carefully with both arms and placed her gently on the soft leathery surface. Ji Hyo stared at him while he started to clean her wound. Thankfully, Ji Hyo's cut wasn't too wide or deep.

"Does this hurt?" He asked, unable to bear the heat he felt from her unbreakable gaze.

"It doesn't, Oppa. I was just thinking about how cool you were when you lifted me up just now..."

Jong Kook felt the heat get stronger, rising up to his cheeks as he blushed a crimson red he hoped Ji Hyo could ignore.

"I-I've lifted you up many times haven't i? It's no big deal really..."

Ji Hyo nodded.

"You have lifted me up many times... But every time you do, you're cool, Oppa."

Jong Kook's heart was collapsing. Please, Ji Hyo. Don't say anymore because your Oppa's heart cannot take it.

Jong Kook cleaned the cut up properly and bandaged it so that Ji Hyo wouldn't get infected. Ji Hyo inspected her gauzed hand herself after he had finished.

"Feel better?"

She lifted up her hand.

"Kiss it better."

"Are you kidding-"

"Kiss it better..."

Crap. Drunk Ji Hyo was using aegyo. Although she had stated many times that she was not capable of acting cute, Jong Kook would beg to differ. Ji Hyo was incredibly adorable and possessed aegyo that didn't need to be acted out. She was just unconsciously and naturally cute, without herself knowing he supposed.

And it drove Jong Kook nuts. But, if Ji Hyo was making him do it, and she would likely forget anyway...

Jong Kook held Ji Hyo's bandaged hand and planted a small kiss on it. Ji Hyo blushed, and naturally went in for a hug.

Jong Kook almost returned the hug until he remembered what he'd feel if he did. Tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter