One Stomachache

One Shoe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo's stomach hurt. Thankfully nothing had cropped up during filming, and it was now several hours after the cameras were all packed away. She was lounging on her couch alone flipping through different channels, downing back warm glasses of lemon water and the occasional pill. Nothing was working, and she was restraining herself from calling Jong Kook to come over.

Why? Well first of all, they hadn't made any plans to, and she didn't want to seem clingy. Secondly, she was embarrassed about letting Jong Kook see her in this sick state. She could take care of herself perfectly fine, though at the moment she craved the comforting arms and soothing touches of her boyfriend.

Ji Hyo tried to get herself to knock it off. Sure, Jong Kook was her boyfriend, but she couldn't expect him to be at her beck and call, by her side checking up on her at every moment, could she? They still had their own lives and Ji Hyo was mature enough to understand the importance of boundaries in a relationship.

Still Ji Hyo couldn't stop herself from imagining how much better she would feel if Jong Kook was with her, even a call from him to just say hello would feel nice. He would kiss the top of her head and rub her tummy teasingly...

No, no, bad Ji Hyo! Her fingers almost clicked on the speed dial for Jong Kook's number. She had no self-control, she really didn't. If she was to resist begging Jong Kook to come over and visit her, she had to brainwash herself into not wanting him around.

He would nag at her. He so would, and he would interrogate her about what she did to get that stomachache, and when he found out she suspected she hadn't thoroughly cooked the meat for the outdoor camp barbecue he would probably even-

Just then her door opened and Jong Kook walked in with a tired smile. If not for the physical pain of her abdomen restraining her, Ji Hyo would have leapt up and ran into his arms. Instead she settled for an inviting smile and a weak attempt to cover up her condition.

"Are you sick?" Jong Kook's face furrowed in concern and he quickly approached her, touching her forehead with the back of his wrist. Ji Hyo shook her head to reassure him that she hadn't fallen victim to a sudden fever.

"No, but my tummy hurts." She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter